Eric Olafson, First Journeys (Vol 2)
Epilogue

Copyright© 2018 by Vanessa Ravencroft

SIUCRA

The last transmissions of the Siucra fleet and Olnatar arrived at the Sicura home world and the First Protector listened to them with great concern. The entire fleet of over a thousand ships had been destroyed, even Olnatar had not returned.

The Siucra did not have that many more ships and not enough beings to crew them them.

The holy task to protect Koken was in jeopardy. He knew that the Kermac had been here only recently,

He decided to disturb the sanctity of the holy place, just like the first Siucra did and they found the Holy place to the hidden chambers where they found the Holy Fire weapons. There were more devices and perhaps one could be used to call the Kermac or receive instructions how to defend Koken against this mighty enemy,


The First Protector had entered the Hidden Chambers beneath a mountain range on Koken, planet. Unknown to him and far from these chambers about hundred nokta to the planets east were the Shafts of Knowledge that had been visited by Kermac wizard so very recently.

The ancient songs described exactly how one had to navigate through shafts and passage ways to reach the chambers.The ancient songs described exactly how to open it and it worked just as described. Finally they stood in the same chamber. His long dead anchestors had, receiving their task to protect Koken and receive the weapons of the Holy Fire. The first chambers were not empty, there were still a few of the elongated containers that once were stacked here by the thousands. Each crate held a completley assembled Holy Fire cannons.

The final chamber always had been empty except for a slightly raised platform

I was about two hundred steps across and two sickle shaped arms bend inward their pointed tips almost touching each other. Both of them perhaps one hundred steps in steps height on each side of the platform. This was, according to the ancient songs the holiest and most sacred point on all of Koken. The Nuthrum Device, the gate to the Masters. According to the ancient songs if activated, beings of incredible fighting power would emerge without number and eradicate all life. He was not a Kermac and whatever came, was certainly not recognizing lowly Siucra, but perhaps they showed mercy and understanding to a fellow thrall society.

Not that the First Protector had much choice. He feared the new enemy was already on approach ... It was only a matter of time now they would appear here and defile holy Koken.

He placed his hands onto the sensor fields mounted into a monolith console before the device. His body heat activated the ancient machinery and a wafting bright light point appeared between pointed ends of the sickle shaped columns above the platform and it grew slowly in size. The primordial system hummed and vibrated with a deep sound and crackled and glowed with dimension crossing energies.

The first Protector and those with him started to chant the old texts.”We the guardians and protectors of the most Holy place summon the spirits of the Universe, grant us revenge and the tools so we may continue to protect what is holy. It is the Masters of the sacred White we serve alone! Come then who are also serve the Masters and assist us in defeating great evil!”

Something appeared, out of the shimmering portal. It was a bluish skinned being wielding a blaster weapon in one hand and a sword in the other, wearing a black cloak over a black chainmail outfit that looked both anachronistic and timeless. “I doubt you expected me!”

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.