Eric Olafson, First Journeys (Vol 2) - Cover

Eric Olafson, First Journeys (Vol 2)

Copyright© 2018 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 8: Command Seat

The Attack came totally unexpected.

The scanner operator of the American Dream was watching GalNews about the space battle between Dai, Nogoll and Union forces like everyone else on the bridge and thus missed the fast approaching contact.

I was still sitting in the Command chair, while the main viewer showed high definition recordings of the space battle of Union Fleet against the Dai and the Nogoll.

Titanic fists shock the yacht so violently that Calia Lethra, Alex and everyone else standing before the mains screen watching the news were thrown about. Smoke filled the bridge and a dozen warning sirens and signals blared. Lights flickered. The Automatic restraints had grabbed me and a force field bubble encased the command seat and me. To my shock I noticed a rupture in the hull. One of the bridge crew men was sucked out, before an emergency field sealed the crack. There were only two officers still moving as they too had remained in their seats and kept save behind force field bubbles, the rest was piled up near the now sealed crack, among them the Togar captain and Alex, none of them showed any signs of life. The main screen now showed a red space ship pursuing us. The Helm officer moaned with a whiny voice.” What are we going to do?”

I responded, “ We need breathing space to sort it out, get this tub going as fast as you can.”

“Yes I will do that.”

None of the controls of the seat responded and a Computronic voice said. “You are not registered or authorized. Alex stumbled to his feet, frozen blood across his face. “System recognize Alex Enroe. I give full command authority to Eric Olafson.” then he collapsed again.

The controls lit up and a bank of screens lowered around me. “Command authority granted.”

“Activate all available shields, reroute spare energy to aft shield generators.”

“Acknowledged.”

The Helm Officer turned.” We are gaining ground Sir, but we have only one ISAH pod left, it seems we are still faster than that Dai Battle Ship.”

“Don’t turn around. Keep your eyes on the controls when you talk.”

I looked down to find the right contact for ship wide.” This is Eric Olafson temporary in command of this vessel. All Departments report. Damage and status. Medical emergency on the bridge.”

“Engineering here. We have still full power but only one ISAH pod, we lost the other three. Several Hull breeches, sealed with nanite foam and force fields. Main generators at 100 percent and not damaged. Primary shields gone. Secondary shields holding.”

“Engineering shut down every nonessential system. Concentrate on repairing the shield generators.”

“We do our best.”

“Medical reporting. We have 67 casualties, 19 reported fatal.”

“Triage and prioritize. Bridge crew first.”

“We send medics and bots.”

“Tactical, do we have tactical? Communications?”

There was no response and then the Computronic replied.” Tactical and Communication stations are not replying.”

“Computronic open all Communication channels on all available com equipment.”

“Open.”

“This is the ‘American Spirit’, Enroe Industries private Yacht. Eric Olafson speaking. We are under attack. Dai Than Battle ship in pursuit. We are damaged and there are heavy casualties. Need assistance urgent.”

I then told the Helm Officer to transmit our coordinates and whereabouts.

“We are being hailed.” The Computronic reported

“Put it on.”

“Hello American Spirit. I am Ima Win-Do, patriarch of the once glorious Dai Than Ima Tribe. I have lost my honor and my tribe. Our Mother has been destroyed by your demon warrior. Now I will seek revenge and I will cause mayhem and destruction. I see you are but a boy; your officers are dead or gone. Surrender and I shall be merciful. Your hail for help will be heard, I have no doubt but all help will come too late for you. Surrender and I shall not launch fighters. I will kill you all quickly and painless. Deny me and I shall board and skin you alive.”

I looked down again to identify the correct contacts for tactical. Then I responded.” This is Eric Olafson, temporarily in command of this Vessel. You are in Union space and have committed acts of piracy and murder.” While I talked my fingers activated weapons.” I will not let my crew down and I will fight you to the last breath. Bring it on red face and learn that Neo Vikings do not surrender, ever.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.