The Dog That Didn't Bark
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2018 by Hastings

As I was self employed, I set my own schedule, so over the next few days I used my expertise to wire the house, for both sound and video, from top to bottom. Hell, if Fu fu so much as farted, I had it in color and surround sound. The little shit didn’t want me around during the day, but, thank God, he couldn’t rat me out.

For several weeks I had to act as if I was still the horn wearing dumb ass that I had been for the last two years. From the recordings, I found out what a gullible, hopeless sucker I had been. Barb had set me up. She and Dr. Prick had been in an on going affair for years. His wife had the money in the family, and it was a lot of money. Her lawyer father had made sure that she and her money were well protected by an ironclad pre-nup. It was so ironclad that the USS Arizona would have been jealous, so divorce was not a viable option for the good doctor. He wanted her money, but without her.

From their pillow talk, I was able to put together the whole story. It seems that Dr. Prick’s wife had eventually started to become a little suspicious of his relationship with Barb. A handsome man like him, working with a single babe like Barb, started her thinking. This, combined with Barb’s pregnancy, led them to develop a cover plan, and I, John Brown (see, even my name was average), was the dummy that made it all work. She needed a husband and I was available. Barb had seen me in the grocery store and knew that I had been infatuated with her in high school. That’s when she came up with her plan and put it into action. Step one was to put her cart into ramming speed. The rest you know. Oh, the miscarriage, it was an abortion; she was too far along to convince even a dummy like me that it was my child. So the cold hearted bitch got rid of it. These were two cold, cold pieces of work.

I might have continued to play along for several more weeks, gathering more evidence, when everything changed. They started to talk about ways to do away with his wife. Now things were getting serious. He had a patient who had done time, and he was going to ask him for a contact with someone who would fake a burglary in which his wife would be killed. Things were really, really getting serious.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.