Eric Olafson, Neo Viking (Vol 1) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Neo Viking (Vol 1)

Copyright© 2000 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 31: Thingstead

I had one spear left. Two of the Rock sharks floated belly up to the surface, the Slayer harpoon meant for Tyrannos was good enough to kill these triangle snouts. Even now fighting for my life I wondered why I called them that way.

My last spear missed! Not that it mattered much, four sharks were now busy with the carcass of the ones I killed, fighting each other for the meat, there were three more now aiming for me, also that immense presence beneath me came closer. This was the largest Tyranno ever. The rock sharks suddenly hesitated and then turned and swam away as fast as they could! I opened my eyes and saw something white almost glowing shooting up from beneath. Too fast for me to evade. A huge white Tyranno with a maw big enough to bite a normal sub in half came up with the speed of a torpedo. This was it. I would be devoured like a Silver flicker! Strangely though I knew I had to die I did not fear that white shape. It hit my feet with its snout and pushed me out of the water! The same moment as if a veil was removed from my mind. I remembered and yelled with full lungs.” Tyr!”


Sif could not believe her eyes and the men holding her hostage suddenly trembled with fear. Eric shot out of the water, like a reborn God standing on the snout of a white Tyranno! It was the biggest she had ever seen!

Adolph Lindberg was the only one turning his spear gun aiming at the immense presence, and fired! The spear turned in mid air and nailed Adolph Lindberg right through his chest where it exploded.


“Tyr!” I yelled again with the intensity of my relief. I knew everything would turn out well! Maybe Tyr wasn’t a god but the next best thing and he was certainly the biggest friend I had. The men surrendered and dropped their weapons.

I learned that several of Bendixen’s men were already in the water when I surfaced and had entered my boat as soon as I was in the water. This time I took no chances. Sif armed with the Neuro ripper gun held them in check while I used every drop of Stick and Bond to glue their hands together. Bendixen did have some fight in him but Sif dropped him with a short shock of the beamer and after that he too was no problem. Father’s split his men up to crew the captured boats and to tow his damaged sub. After all this was done I went back out and looked at the huge white fish floating next to us.”Why did you take my memory of you? I would not have told your secret!”

“Eric you have a long road ahead of you and I did not want you to be influenced by the knowledge I gave you, I will erase the memory of these men about me. I must remain to be a legend. However I had to come and safe you, little fish! You have a habit to swim in the middle of trouble a lot and the next time you decide to swim with Triangle snouts, make sure at least one Tyranno is nearby, or you carry a whole lot more of those harpoons.”

“Tyr I don’t know how to thank you and for the short time I actually know you, you have become a dear friend.”

“If you call me cute, Eric I throw you in the water myself!”

“No worries, I still don’t think of you as cute. But when this is all over I would love if you show me more of our oceans.”

“Maybe my little fish, maybe!”

Sif came out and she was clearly afraid but came closer anyway.” Is this Tyranno tame? I never knew how pretty they are.”

She went close to the edge and stretched out her hand to touch Tyr.” You are so beautiful! Look at his gorgeous eyes and he is all white!”

“I am not tame!” Thundered Tyr, but his voice grew softer.” Well perhaps she is not totally wrong with the other statements.”

“He doesn’t want to be called tame, Sif. You also better not call him cute!”

Her eyes widened.”Is it talking to you somehow?”

“Sif that is Tyr! He is very old and wise and powerful.”

“Hello Tyr! I am Sif and I am a friend of Eric. I never saw a Tyranno so close and never one as big as you.” She touched him.” I bet he doesn’t like that we kill his brothers and sisters. We must stop that!”

Her eyes widened and I knew she was hearing his voice as well now.” Sif, I know who you are and it was me who suggest you to become our next representative. Maybe we could discus culling quotas when you are at that point. For now let my existence be a secret.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.