Jenny and John - Cover

Jenny and John

Copyright© 2018 by DDMarshall

Chapter 15: Change of Plans

Jenny had been back to work for a couple of months after resolving our issue with Mrs. Breckinridge. Business was good, too good. Jenny was having trouble scheduling all of her clients. It seemed every week, and a new client was referred to her. The Asians she was servicing numbered eight men and two women. Along with her regular faculty, town officials, and then the occasional one-night Johnny, she was starting to yawn a lot during the day and looked fatigued and seemed irritable from lack of sleep.

I sat her down one afternoon when she finally woke up from the previous night’s work, and she had a few hours of free time. I put my foot down and told her that enough was enough. I told her she was overworked and not getting the sleep she needed, and to be truthful, I was a little resentful because I was not getting what I needed.

Jenny proceeded to argue with me, “But John, we need the money. You have the apartment to pay for, the food, my clothes, and all those other things I need. I know you are helping Ted out with some of his expenses, and I hate to think about your college expenses. That can’t be cheap.”

That’s when I gave myself a mental kick in the butt. I was always concerned about Jenny’s finances and told her how she needed to save her money for the future, but I never discussed our financial situation.

I sat back and said, “I don’t have any college expenses. I am on a full academic scholarship, thanks to Mr. Korensky. My dad had an insurance policy that he took out just for my college education that matured, and he cashed it in. I have not even touched that yet. As far as food, rent, and all the other expenses, it only amounts to 8.3% of what you made this month.”

I went into the bedroom to get my laptop and turned it on. I called up the spreadsheet labeled ‘Jenny’ and turned it around to face her. I pointed to a rather large number at the bottom of the spreadsheet and said, “That’s how much you have in the bank and a safe deposit box after expenses.”

“No, John, that’s how much money we have in the bank.”

“Okay, we. But you need to take a break. You’re exhausted, and I cannot allow you to continue like this.”

Jenny continued to argue with me, “But Honey, the money is so good, and I say make hay while the sun shines.”

“I have an idea that will allow us to continue to make a lot of money, and you can continue to do what you love to do. But for now, I need you to cut your appointments over the next two weeks in half.”

Jenny complained, “They won’t like that,” but I could tell she was resigned to taking my advice.

“That’s tough. In two weeks, we are out of here anyway. It’s home for the summer, and you, young lady, are closing up shop until next fall.” I outlined my plan, and it put a smile on her face.

We went back to bed, cuddled, and Jenny fell asleep almost immediately. I got up and called the three clients who were scheduled for that night and told them she had the flu. I let her sleep that afternoon and right through the night.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.