Jenny and John - Cover

Jenny and John

Copyright© 2018 by DDMarshall

Chapter 3: Prom Night

I parked the car in front of Jenny’s apartment building at the appointed time, got out of the car, and waited as she asked me to. A few minutes later, a beautiful young woman came out the door and smiled at me. I could not believe how terrific she looked. I had not seen her with her hair done and full make-up before. The white gown we had bought looked even more perfect on her now. I stood there in my tux with my mouth open again.

Jenny walked up and said, “You look nice, John, but you need to close your mouth and lose that vest. Whoever said a gold and silver check vest with a black tux looked good should be fired. Here, let me help you get that jacket off, and let’s get rid of this fashion faux pas. There, that’s much better.”

I put my jacket back on and opened the door for her. She threw the vest into the back seat as she slid in, and I shut the car door. When I got back in the car, she straightened my bow tie and patted my cheek, “Much better.”

It took about forty-five minutes to get to the high school gym. I stopped in front, ran around and opened the passenger’s door to help Jenny out, hoping I was doing everything right. I parked the car and went back and met her on the steps. She took my arm and asked, “Are you ready, John?” I nodded and took a deep breath, and let it out. We walked in, and it looked like most of the tables were filled. I spotted Carl with his arm up, motioning me over. I looked at Jenny and said, “My friends saved a place for us.”

I introduced Carl, Carol, Ted, and Martha to Jenny. Five minutes later, Jenny was engaged in conversation with my friends and their girlfriends as if they were longtime pals.

When I looked around, I saw that all the girls had a corsage on their gowns or wrist. I cursed and excused myself, and ran back to the car. I came back to our table and thrust the clear plastic box at Jenny, “Here, I got this for you. It’s for your wrist.”

Jenny took it and said, “Why, thank you, John. It is beautiful.” She opened the box to take out the corsage and slipped it on her wrist. Jenny took the boutonniere out of the box that I did not even realize was in there. Jenny leaned over and kissed me on the cheek and said, “Hold still and let me pin the boutonniere on for you.”

After Jenny pinned on the carnation, I breathed a sigh of relief and hoped I did not mess anything else up tonight.

Almost an hour later, Carl and Ted were dancing with their dates. Jenny and I had just sat down when Jenny asked me, “Who is that gentleman with the tan jacket, bow tie, and glasses coming this way smiling at us?”

“That’s Mr. Korenski, my advanced business and marketing teacher and advisor. I owe him a lot. Without him, I don’t think I could have survived high school or thought about going to college.”

I stood as Mr. Korenski approached our table and put out his hand. “Good evening John. I just had to come over and meet the lovely girl who came with my star student.”

I shook Mr. Korenski’s hand and introduced him to Jenny, “Mr. Korenski, I would like you to meet Jennifer Fargo, but everyone calls her Jenny.”

With the introductions over, Mr. Korenski asked me, “John, would you mind if I asked for one dance with this lovely lady?”

There was no way I would say no to him, “If Jenny is willing, how could I say no to you, sir?” I felt proud that my mentor approved of my date.

Jenny stood and offered her hand, “I would be delighted, Mr. Korenski.”

Mr. Korenski took her hand, “Thank you, John,” and led her to the dance floor.

They stopped at the edge of the dance floor. Mr. Korenski stood about one foot from Jenny and put his right hand on her waist. With his left arm bent and his hand about ear height, he waited for her to place her hands. Then effortlessly led her around the dance floor.

For the last minute of the music, they had an audience and the dance floor almost all to themselves, as most of the other dancers just stopped and watched them glide around the dance floor. Mr. Korenski started to lead Jenny back to our table when the band started up again, playing what I was told was a foxtrot. Jenny was talking to Mr. Korenski, and he was shaking his head in protest. Jenny practically dragged him to the center of the dance floor, and they started to dance again. This time they had the whole dance floor to themselves from the beginning to the end of the music.

When the music stopped, everyone applauded their performance. Mr. Korenski held her hand as he made a short bow and kissed her hand as Jenny curtsied. Mr. Korenski walked Jenny back to our table, thanked me again, and told me I was a very fortunate man to know such a fine person as Jennifer Fargo.

When Jenny sat down, I could see she was flushed from dancing and had a great time. “Oh my god, John, what a nice man and a wonderful dancer. That was so much fun, and he thinks so highly of you. All he could talk about was how smart and what a good student you are. Of course, he did mention how lovely I looked,” as she batted her eyes at me and smiled.

Of course, Ted had to pipe up and say, “At least he got the last part right.”

I did not mind being the butt of his joke because I agreed with him.

The six of us danced, talked, and laughed the night away. All too soon, the band started to play “Good Night Ladies,” and I thought the best night of my life was coming to an end.

As we walked out of the gym, Jenny asked, “Where are Ted and Carl going now?”

I laughed and told her they said they were going to the submarine races. I was very sorry to see the night end and said, “I had a great time, let me get the car, and I will take you home.”

“You can get the car, but you’re not taking me home. We can’t let Ted and Carl think your date isn’t willing to thank you properly for a great night out. Go get the car. Let’s park next to them so they can see us fog up the windows

I caught up to Carl in the parking lot and pulled him aside. I told him Jenny and I wanted to go with him and Ted to the lake, but I wasn’t sure where they would be. He said he would wait for me to get Jenny and follow him. He told me they knew a good spot where we would not be bothered.

I got in my car and drove around to the front of the gym to pick up Jenny. I drove back to the parking lot and blinked my lights at Carl so he would know I was right behind him. I followed Carl for about twenty minutes, and then he turned off onto a dirt road and parked next to Ted in an open area that overlooked the lake. I pulled in next to Carl. Ted and Martha were standing beside his car. Carl got out of his car and opened the trunk, and motioned for us to join him. We got out of the car as Carl opened a cooler to show us he had brought a couple of six-packs of beer for the occasion. He grabbed two beers and said, “Enjoy,” and got back in his car with Carol. Ted and Martha grabbed a beer and got back in Ted’s car. Jenny looked at me and said, “What the hell? Let’s celebrate.” She grabbed two beers, and we headed back to my car.

I opened the passenger door for her and held it while she got in. I shut the door and went around to the driver’s side. I got in just as she popped the top on a beer and handed it to me. She kicked her shoes off and slid over next to me. We sat quietly, sipping our beers, until Jenny pointed to Carl’s car and said, “It looks like Carl and Carol are having a good time tonight.” I looked over, and sure enough, Carl’s car was rocking.

Jenny put her beer on the dashboard and took mine to put next to hers. She snuggled up to me and started kissing me. I stopped her and said, “I have never done this before.”

Jenny was not going to let me off the hook, “I know, John, that’s one of the reasons I want this to be a special night for you. I got to go to my first senior prom, so this is a special night for me too. Get out from behind that steering wheel and get over here so I can sit in your lap. We don’t want Carl and Ted to think you dated the ice princess.”

I slid over to the middle of the bench seat, and Jenny sat on my lap sideways with her legs curled up on the seat and put her arms around my neck. She whispered in my ear, “Unzip me, John. I want to take this dress off. I don’t want to ruin it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.