The Three Signs - Book 4 - Lisa
Chapter 24: Some Answers, Finally

Copyright© 2018 by William Turney Morris

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 24: Some Answers, Finally - Follow the story of Will Morris as he makes his way to adulthood. Is he going to get over the loss of Janelle? Is he going to find the love of his life? Has Lori and Megan disappeared from his life forever? If you haven't read the first three books in this series, this will be difficult to follow.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Paranormal   Anal Sex   Lactation   Water Sports   Politics  

Summer Touring

December, 1984 – February, 1985

“What do you mean, you broke a rule?” she asked. “And what was the rest of the conference like?”

“I’ll tell you all about the conference in a minute. But with Cathy ... I assume you know the problems she’s having with Martin? At least her side of the story?”

“Yes, we spent maybe an hour on the phone Thursday morning; she was pretty upset, and felt that Martin wasn’t giving her any support at all. Not just that, he seems to have lost all interest in her, sexually at least.”

“That’s pretty much a summary of what she told me; my concern is that ... well, we have only heard her side of the story. I agree, their marriage is going through problems, I don’t need to hear Martin’s side to know that. But, and this is my fear, I don’t think that me sleeping with her will help the situation, and I probably made things worse for her. Now, she thinks that I’m a convenient ‘back stop’, someone to give her that physical affection and attention, so there’s less incentive to try to sort things out with Martin.

“Plus – and this is where I broke my rule – Martin probably has no idea what Cathy and I did; never mind him agreeing to it. So, it wasn’t that Cathy and I had sex that made her being unfaithful, it’s that we did it behind his back. We combined to cheat on him, to deceive him. That’s been my fundamental rule, nothing is done without the knowledge and full consent of everyone – which means other partners – involved.”

“I guess I’m to blame for that,” Lisa said, sounding rather shameful. “I shouldn’t have told you to go ahead and have sex with her, that it was okay with me.”

“No, it’s not your fault; I made the decision, the fault is mine. Of course, it was pretty hard to resist; when I went back to the sitting room, after talking with you on the phone, Cathy was standing there, stark naked. But I should have told her ‘No’, and I’m going to tell her there won’t be a ‘next time’, she and Martin need to resolve their problems, without her having sex with me, without me being involved.”

“So what do we do now?” she asked me.

“Nothing. I mean, I’ll call her tomorrow, let her know what she needs to do, which is talk with Martin, and try to resolve their problems. I let myself get caught up in what was going on around me; that’s how I used to behave, just drifting along through life, not thinking about where I was going, or the implications of what might happen. I need to make sure I don’t revert back to my previous destructive behaviour.”

“I’m really sorry, Will,” Lisa said. “I never really thought it through properly; not in the way you explained it to me now. I promise I won’t put you in a situation like that again, I guess all I was thinking about was how arousing it would be for us, when you got back and shared all the details with me. I wasn’t thinking properly.”

“Well, I can still share all the details with you,” I said. “I assume you mentioned to Cathy that you would hope I would give you all the juicy details?”

“Yes, we did; she was quite happy for you to tell me everything. You do realize Will that Cathy is still deeply in love with you?”

“I think Cathy is love with the image of what might we have become, had we not broken up at the start of 1976, where somehow I moved to Canberra with her, and we were still lovers. But that was a different ‘me’, I wouldn’t have become the person I am now had I done that. But I don’t think she understands that.”

“I know she’s still in love with you, Will, she told me as much herself on Thursday morning. She told me that if she wasn’t stuck in Canberra, she would want to move in with us; she would be more than happy sharing you with me, and whoever else would be with us. She asked me what I would think, if things between her and Martin got any worse, about moving in with us, and her baby.”

“What did you tell her?”

“That it was something all of us would have to talk about, should the opportunity arise,” Lisa replied. “And I said that in principal, I didn’t have any objections to the idea.”

“I can’t see Cathy wanting to move away from Canberra; she’s in the centre of all the political action now, and I can’t see her giving that up. As much as she might complain, she’s doing exactly what she wanted to do, what she loves.”

“You never know, stranger things have happened,” she said. “Anyway, it’s all hypothetical at the moment. So, apart from lots of hot sex with Cathy, what was the conference like?”

“Why do you assume the sex with Cathy was hot?”

“Just from what she told me how she was feeling, how she hadn’t had ANY for quite a few months, and ... so, was it hot?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” I said, trying not to sound too enthusiastic. “At least being very pregnant, her boobs were larger than they usually are, and so ... I got to play with them in a nice way.”

“Oh, really? You know that’s the main reason why I wish my titties were larger. I mean, like Georgina’s or Merry’s, they are a really good size. I would love you to fuck my tits, and come between them. So, tell me all about the weekend.”

I told her everything I could remember about the weekend, the train journey down to Canberra, being met by Cathy, our various ‘encounters’, the different discussion sessions, making love in the spa bath with Cathy, and some of the more ‘contentious’ parts of the discussions. She was impressed at how I had argued against some of the proposed policies, and remarked how I had made some new allies.

“It sounds like you might have a new mentor, or at least some strong supporters,” she said to me. “How long do you think you can keep putting people off when they try to get you into one of the key policy committees?”

“I don’t know how many times I have to say the same thing to people in the party; but maybe being involved with this committee – even though it’s an informal one – maybe this is the way I can best contribute and steer the direction of the party. At least I can get to talk to the elected members and senators in Canberra directly, without it being filtered by faction bosses, their minders, public servants with other agendas, and so on.”

“Well, I’m glad you had a good time there – and, no, I’m not talking about what you and Cathy got up to – but it sounds like you may have had some influence on the government’s policy directions. Now, how about you take me to bed, and tell me and show me more of what you and Cathy did?”


Monday morning I had the meeting with the seven students that I would be supervising next year; much like I had done for this year’s students I told them how best to manage their thesis projects. I handed out the documents I had prepared on project management techniques, some suggested ways to structure a thesis report, and guides on using troff and the templates that had been created. I told them about the planned review sessions every morning between 8:00 and 9:00, Tuesdays to Fridays. We worked out who would have which half hour time slot, with the 8:00 to 8:30 time on Tuesday mornings for a group meeting.

I told them that over the summer break, I expected them to have a basic outline of how they would approach their thesis project, what the major tasks would be, how they planned to tackle it; and I wanted that written up in a project overview and plan.

“It’s not just an academic exercise, designed to spoil your summer,” I said. “It is going to be good practice for you once you finish here and start working. In most places, all projects start with some initial documentation, outlining what the objective is, key deliverables, project milestones, resources, everything like that. Here’s a copy of one from when I was working at the State Government Computer Centre; I started just after the project began, but this was the initial documentation for the project. Plus there’s some progress reports, the outline of the plan. You can use these as inspiration for your project.

“Another big thing to help – in fact, I can’t see how one could do a research project without one – is a ‘thesis project journal’.”

I then explained the purpose of the journal, how to keep one, and handed out some template journal pages. I showed them the study areas, gave them their set of keys, and told them we would meet again sometime in late February, just before the next semester started. I gave them a copy of my card, and wrote my home phone number on it, telling them they could call anytime they had questions. The thesis projects they had been assigned were interesting; one was to design a ‘server’ program that would provide multiuser network access to a common set of data, I could see that being used to run a computerised version of the ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ game. There were two projects building on Hien’s wireless bridges; others were various network utilities, mail server management, things like that.

One of the wireless bridge projects was slightly (ok, a lot) out of my field of expertise; it was designing some highly directional, high gain antennas to extend the range of the basic wireless bridges that Hien had developed as part of his project. The current range was limited by the low level of ‘ERP’ – effective radiated power – allowed to make use of the ISM frequency band; in the University environment, they were pretty much restricted to a single room, since the signals were degraded if they had to go through one or more building walls. And the reinforced concrete floors were pretty much impenetrable to the low power 2.4 GHz signals. The project was to set up a directional antennas on a pair of wireless bridges that would provide reliable bridging over a distance of 500 metres; that way the western part of the campus, on the other side of Anzac Parade could be linked into the main campus backbone, without having to run cables under the main road.

I looked back at my copy of Hien’s thesis; the antenna that he had designed for use with the wireless bridges was essentially a collinear array; a vertical stack of phased quarter-wave antennas. That had the advantage of being omnidirectional, where the directional pattern of the maximum transmitter power was shaped like a doughnut, which was also a big disadvantage. An advantage in that each individual bridge didn’t have to have its antenna aligned precisely to point to the other bridge in the link. But that meant that all of the transmitter power was send out in a 360 degree pattern – while the collinear array did concentrate the signal power perpendicular to the antenna, much of the power was wasted being transmitted in directions other than that towards the other end of the link. Exactly the same effect, but in reverse, happened to the receiver, the omnidirectional antenna pulled in signals in the same 360 degree radius. A directional antenna would also amplify the received signal, while attenuating other interfering signals coming from any direction other than where the antenna was pointing.

I looked through the student records for the person assigned that project –Jill Rowling; just like Hien, another amateur radio operator. Nothing strange about that given that the electrical engineering school, particularly, the communications department attracted those interested in ham radio. At least she should have a good understanding of the radio frequency concepts involved in the design and application of directional antennas. There were probably several possible designs, one of the important requirements was strength and durability – that could rule out the typical Yagi-Uda array; at that wavelength the elements would be rather small and fragile. But that was Jill’s task to determine, not mine.

I also needed to work out the final two subjects to finish off my MA degree; I went across to talk with Bill Albury, together we looked through the Arts Faculty handbook. He thought for a few minutes before making some recommendations.

“This one, 62.714G, ‘Knowledge, Power and Public Policy’, despite the rather wanky title, is actually quite a good one; and that’s not just because I’ll be leading it next year. There’s a lot of discussion about the role of government in science, R&D, public policy, things like that. I think you’ll enjoy it. The other one that’s worth doing, 53.571G, ‘Technology and Working Life’; the School of Sociology runs it, Doctor Grant McCall will be the lecturer, nice guy, smart, open-minded – which is somewhat rare for people in that field. Lots of stuff about how technology impacts ordinary people in their day to day lives. I think you’ll get a lot out of that one, too.”

“Sounds good, I’ll submit my enrolment paperwork today,” I said. “I’m looking forward to another one of your subjects.”

After leaving his office, I went to the administration office for the Faculty, completed my subject selection for 1985, and picked up the information sheets on both subjects. At least there weren’t a lot of text books required for the subject; like most of the subjects I had taken in the course, we would be handed out reading material that we would discuss in the next week.

That pretty much completed things at Uni for me, at least until it was time to start reviewing courses in February next year. Time to go home, prepare for the Christmas and New Year festivities, and also for the limited touring season that Mary Beth and organized. Bruce and Rachel, along with Andrew and Mandy would not be available to come on the tour with us, but everyone else would be able to come. Unlike previous summer tours, we decided to keep this one rather ‘low key’; rather than play a lots of large venues, spending the overnight times traveling, setting up in the early afternoons, and playing at night, we decided to go for smaller venues, spending a few days in each location. We wouldn’t rely on the big tour bus or the large, eight ton truck to transport us and our equipment. Instead, Garry suggested he tow his father’s caravan, which had sleeping accommodation for four people, but there was a large canvas annex that fitted to the side, and we could set up camp stretchers for the rest of us. I would tow my trailer, and Sandra and Allison would pull another trailer. The whole approach was to make it a laid back, understated tour; with as much emphasis on us having a relaxing time as well as playing some gigs.

The few weeks before the tour started were full on; Christmas was fast approaching, and, as usual, I still hadn’t done any shopping. I spent a full day walking around the shops in the city, eventually getting clothes for Lisa, Ange, Merry and Tracy. Lisa had been looking for a nice dress for her to wear when we went out for dinners, I found something that I thought would look good on her in David Jones. For the others I found some nice casual outfits at some of the other clothing stores. Visits to the main Dymocks bookstore, Venue Music, Gowings and a few other stores had all of the other purchases complete.

As usual, we had a big party at Banksia Lodge on Christmas Day; pretty much everyone was there, although Mandy and Andrew didn’t stay all that long, she was running a mild fever, and feeling generally unwell. She said it was mastitis, she was on some antibiotics which should clear the infection up. Everyone enjoyed the day, particularly Fred, who was spoiled by just about everyone there, giving him little treats of cooked chicken and pieces of prawns, much to Mary Beth’s annoyance. The next day I took the Earle’s boat down to the harbour for the start of the Sydney to Hobart race; once again, Jack was racing on Ragamuffin.

On December 29th, I had a call from Mrs Parsons, to let me know that earlier that morning, Cathy had given birth to a healthy baby boy, who they were going to christen ‘Alexander Gordon Ball’. Cathy was doing well, but obviously tired; her parents would be spending a few weeks down in Canberra to help her get settled in with the baby. I arranged for a large bunch of flowers to be delivered to the hospital, with a card from Lisa and myself.

“You might get a chance to see him when you are next down there for one of your conferences,” Lisa said. “If you do, take some photos of him for me.”

I didn’t say that Cathy would probably want me to sample her milk and suckle from her tits; somehow I would have to discourage Cathy from activities like that with me.

The first of January, as well as being New Year’s Day, saw Lisa start another period, another fertile cycle had passed, and she still wasn’t pregnant. We were both a bit despondent, but since we were spending the day packing and getting ready for the tour, we quickly got out of our bad mood. Rather than have our ‘convoy’ tow two trailers, Mary Beth and Chris would be travelling in one of Alberts’ smaller trucks, it wasn’t as big (or as slow!) as the one we had used in the past, but it was plenty big enough for the equipment we would be using. Like a previous north coast tour, we fitted CB radios into the truck and the cars; Mary Beth and Chris would be in the truck, Lisa, Merry, Ange, Tracy and I would be in my car. Garry, Jenny, Allison and Sandra in Garry’s car, which would be towing the caravan. Paul and Sally would be in their car, with their baby in a car seat, plus Stewie and Traci, while Phil and Robyn, plus their kid, rounded out the group.


Our convoy was on the road well before sunrise; the aim was to get to Port Macquarie by lunchtime. That meant we missed the main morning rush of people leaving Sydney for their summer holidays; we made good time, had a late breakfast at the Oak dairy at Hexham. We pulled into the Port Macquarie caravan part just before 1:00 in the afternoon, time to set up the van and annex under Garry’s direction. While it wasn’t going to be particularly luxurious accommodation, it would be good enough to sleep and relax. Of course, the others teased Lisa mercilessly, suggesting we go out for dinner at the coop, and she could have the oysters, just like last time. She told them all just where they could stick their oysters, she would be having something far less likely to give her food poisoning.

We had our campsite set up, and since it was only a short walk to the main beach, we changed into our swimming costumes, and headed to the beach. We spent the afternoon lying in the sun, catching the waves, and generally relaxing. Dinner was at the Port Macquarie Hotel, a rather enjoyable counter meal in their back bar. It was then back to our campsite; we sat around and Garry and I pulled out our acoustic guitars, and practiced a few songs together. We had planned part of one of the sets for us to do some duets – ‘Summer Song’, ‘Today’, ‘Open up your Heart’ – stuff that we had played together back when we were still at high school; it was great to just sit there out in front of the tent and play. After ten minutes or so, a crowd of people had gathered around to listen to us; the applauded after each song. When we had finished, I told the assembled group in front of our tent that they could come and see all of us playing tomorrow night at the RSL club.

Since we had been up early, we headed off to bed by 9:00; tomorrow we would have to set up for the gig at the RSL club. We had put up dividing canvas walls inside the annex area; but we were sharing with Tracy, Merry and Ange. We pushed our camp stretchers together, and arranged the sheets so we were lying on a single very wide bed. I was in the middle, between Lisa and Merry; Tracy was on the other side of Lisa, while Ange was next to Merry.

The next morning was a rather lazy one; beach, looking at the little shops around the main streets of the downtown area. Just after lunch, at a seafood place opposite the historic Court House, we headed up to the RSL club to set things up in the auditorium for the next three nights’ gigs. We didn’t have a big lighting rig, just a single gantry with some colour fills and two spotlights. The PA system was just as simple; a 32 channel mixer feeding the fold back speakers at the front of the stage and two stacks of house speakers either side of the stage. We had everything set up in just over an hour, then did a quick test, running through what would be the first set. We then rounded out the session with ‘Desperado’, just with me playing the Rhodes and Tracy singing.

Everything sounded good; mind you we had spent a week or two working through the sets back in the studio. We felt we were pretty right for the evening’s performance. We had a few hours to kill before we had to get ready; Ange suggested we go back to the beach for an hour or two, and we all agreed. After relaxing in the clear water, catching a few waves, we went back to the RSL club, had a meal in their snack bar, and got ready for the performance.

Without Rachel and Bruce on drums, Stewie had to step in; he did a reasonable job. Garry mainly played bass guitar in Andrew’s absence, afterwards he told me that he had always mistakenly ‘looked down’ on bass, as not as challenging as playing rhythm or lead.

“It’s not easy, keeping good time, playing the bass rhythm,” he said. “It’s a good challenge for me, I’ll get the hang of it, I’m sure.”

To me, the highlight of the gig was our second set, just Garry and I sitting on chairs playing our acoustic guitars, and singing together. It took me back to how when we were at High School, we would get together for jam sessions, just playing and singing whatever took our fancy. The set ended with Tracy singing ‘Desperado’, as usual, she was brilliant, and somehow she got herself in the right emotional state of mind for the song.


The next two days were pretty much the same, relaxing in the morning and afternoon at the beach, and performing at night. After the final gig on the Saturday night, we loaded up the truck, and early the next morning, packed up the caravan, and hit the road for South West Rocks. We hadn’t been able to get a site in the main caravan park at Horseshoe bay, not at such short notice, but we were able to get a site at another caravan park, half way between South West Rocks and Trial Bay jail. Much the same as we did back at Port Macquarie, we set up the caravan and annex, then made our way to the beach at Trial Bay. It was only a short walk through the national park, and since we were some distance from the main part of town, the beach was pretty much deserted near us.

Since there was no one else around, all of the girls removed their bikini tops, and lay in the sun topless. Trace went one step further, removing her bikini bottoms as well, encouraging Stewie to lie naked next to her. Seeing that there wasn’t anyone else around, Lisa, Merry and Ange also removed their bikini bottoms, but the rest of us weren’t quite as bold. After a few hours, we put our clothes back on, and walked back to the campground, had showers to wash the salt and sand from our bodies. Dinner was at the bowling club, we checked out the auditorium in the adjacent South West Rocks Country Club, it was smaller than where we had played the last few days at the Port Macquarie RSL Club, but it would be fine for us. After dinner we sat outside our caravan, Garry and I played our guitars and sang, and before long, around fifty or sixty people had gathered there to listed to us. It was a good way to get interest in our shows; we told people that we would be playing up at the club for the next two nights.

Our gigs at South West Rocks were much like the last few nights in Port Macquarie, relaxing days at the beach, sampling some of the local cafes, then playing to a packed house, not that the club’s auditorium could hold a large crowd, it looked like a thousand was the absolute limit. We repeated the exercise further north at Nambucca Heads, Sawtell, Coffs Harbour, and then on to Woolgoolga. At each town, we had relaxing, if rather basic accommodation at a caravan park; we could find isolated stretches of beach where we could lie in the sun naked, catch waves and I was working on my sun tan. The nightly gigs were very enjoyable; once we became accustomed to not having as many people playing; I certainly missed having Bruce and Andrew playing with us, they were the foundation of setting our rhythm, our playing style as it were. But being able to relax and unwind during the days, not rushing from one location to another, where we do nothing but set up, play, pull down and travel was a great change for the good.

Once we had settled in at the Woolgoolga Brach Caravan Park, I called Kishore’s home number, and spoke with him, telling him that we had arrived in town. He invited Lisa and me to visit his place, to meet his parents. They lived just the other side of Woolgoolga Creek to the caravan park, only a few minutes’ drive. We pulled up outside a neat fibro house, I knocked on the front door, and Kishore answered.

“Please, Will, Lisa, come inside, my parents are keen to meet you,” he said.

He introduced us to his parents; they were both wearing traditional Sikh clothing. His mother asked us if we would like a cup of tea; we both said we would like that.

“Doctor Morris, it is a great pleasure to meet you,” Mr Singh said. “Kishore has told us so much about you, and how you are responsible for him getting his degree. Thank you, we are indebted to you for what you’ve done for him.”

“No, I didn’t do all that much,” I said. “Kishore did all the work, he did the research, all I did was just supervise his project. And I think his results show how hard he worked.”

“And next week he leaves to move to Canberra for his new job,” Mr Singh said.

“That’s good, Kishore, who are you going to be working for?” I asked.

“The Department of Communications; I will be working on a computer system to help plan for new TV and FM Radio broadcasting stations,” he said. “They wanted someone with a communications engineering background, as well as good programming skills; someone who understands radio signal propagation. I’ve got an Engineering position, rather than a pure computer programmer position.”

“That’s going to be very interesting,” I said. “You will be able to make use of both the electrical engineering and the computer programming knowledge you have gained. What about your cricket? Will you join a team down there?”

“Absolutely, I’ve already made some inquiries, and I will be trying out for one of the grade teams once I’m down there.”

“What about you, Doctor Morris?” his father asked, “Do you play cricket?”

“I did when I was at school, but I was never particularly good. My uncle, in Newcastle plays for one of the grade teams there, he’s a wicket keeper, and my cousin is a school teacher out at Brewarrina, he’s the school cricket coach.”

“So, at least the game is in your blood,” he said. “What do you think of the changes to the Australian team, the new captain they have appointed?”

The three of us – myself, Kishore and his father then spent about fifteen minutes talking about changes to the Australian cricket team. Lisa and Mrs Singh were sitting to one side, talking quietly to each other. At one stage, I heard them both laugh out loud; I wondered what they were discussing. When we had finished our tea, I said to Mr and Mrs Singh that we had to be getting back to where we were staying, and to start to get ready for our performances. Kishore said that he, and some of his old school friends would be there to see us on the Saturday night, I told him to make sure he came backstage to see us between sets. I thanked them for their hospitality and the tea, and we headed back to our campsite.

“What were you and Mrs Singh laughing about?” I asked Lisa, once we were in the car.

“Oh, she asked me if we had any children,” she replied. “I said that we didn’t have any at the moment, but that we were working on having some. She laughed and said ‘practicing making children is the most enjoyable part of it’, and smiled at me. She’s nice, they all are.”

The others had already headed down to the beach, so Lisa and I got changed, and drove the short distance to where the others were. The beach wasn’t as isolated or deserted as others we had been to; so there was certainly no nude sunbathing, although Lisa and a few of the other girls removed their tops.

The few days we stayed in Woolgoolga were enjoyable; Kishore and some of his friends saw us backstage on the Saturday night; the next morning we were on the road for the relatively short trip to Yamba, at the mouth of the Clarence River. After two nights performing there, it was on the road again to our final destination, Ballina. Our final gig was on the evening of Australia Day, we loaded up the truck at the end of the gig, and first thing in the morning we were on the road for the long drive back to Sydney. At least we had enough people to drive allowing us to rotate the driving responsibilities every two or three hours.

Unloading the truck could wait until the next day; we were all exhausted from the trip, and it was straight to bed. I thought it had been a successful tour; while we didn’t play to the large venues and big crowds that we had in the past; it wasn’t as draining, there was plenty of time for rest and relaxation. Still, we managed to play eighteen gigs, we sold over twenty thousand tickets, along with over a thousand copies of the album, and a similar number of singles. Whether or not we made a profit, covering our expenses, that I didn’t know – and frankly I didn’t care. What was important was we got to some places that we would not normally have played at, and we had a great time. For me, the best part was the songs where just Garry and I sat playing our acoustic guitars, singing; I felt like I was getting back to my musical roots.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.