Strings Attached - a There and Back Again Story
Chapter 10: Leliana

Copyright© 2018 by Aquea

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: Leliana - Nathaniel Howe, the pariah of Ferelden. Leliana, a damaged bard. Two people who never should have met - but the story has changed, and somehow the two are drawn together despite everything. There and Back Again presented their relationship as a 'fait accompli' - but how did it start?

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fan Fiction   GameLit   High Fantasy   Oral Sex  

Leliana had almost managed to resign herself that her – increasingly ardent – fantasies were just that: fantasy, and pure fiction. Nathaniel had shown no sign of wanting more, and as she kept reminding herself, he was a Fereldan Arl – he was never going to choose her, even if he was interested. And he’d made no overt moves to show that he was interested in her; he’d been friendly, and he still watched her the way Alistair looked at cheese, but he’d done nothing else.

But it was only ‘almost’ resigned. Every time she tried to quash the last tiny bit of pathetic hope that remained – the part that fostered silly daydreams of being rescued like a princess by a knight in shining armor – she’d catch his eye across the camp, and realise he’d clearly been watching her, his gaze dark and intent and unreadable, and the little shred of hope just wouldn’t die.

She was somewhat ashamed at her inability to read him; she had been part of the Grand Game since she’d been a teenager, could fit in equally seamlessly with Empresses and servants alike, could negotiate conversations with masked Duchesses in her sleep without missing a single cue, but when it came to Nathaniel Howe, she hadn’t the slightest idea what he was thinking behind his polite smile.

Nor could she bring herself to do more than she was; she was certainly never going to be able to approach an Arl in the army’s camp and ask him if he liked her, as though they were noble teens at a ball instead of nobleman and common-born messenger. There were plenty of camp followers who offered themselves freely to him and the other nobles, but that was ... different. He never took any of them up on the offers, and she had no intention of being compared – even in passing, even in gossip – to one of those women. The man was handsome, but she couldn’t deny she wanted more from him than a quick tumble.

So she was friendly, but never inappropriate, deferring to him as expected from a messenger working for a lord, trying to maintain a veneer of professionalism even as she watched him almost as avidly as he watched her. And she resolved, over and over, every time that hope crept up on her, that she was fine with things like this, that she had important things to do, and no time for handsome archers, no matter how attractive.

She was therefore entirely shocked the day that she saddled her horse, collected her bag full of deliveries, and climbed up wearily – after a night spent singing by the fire until far too late – to find Nathaniel, mounted on his own, beautiful roan stallion, seemingly ... waiting for her?

She rode up with a smile, happy to see him but suddenly nervous about what it could mean – maybe he was leaving? Perhaps he’d been reassigned, or was reassigning her? Was he even waiting for her?

He was, it turned out, waiting, and he wheeled his horse around to come alongside her so she didn’t have to stop. “My Lady.” Formal as always, he nodded at her, and she had to admit a little thrill in the undeserved title – as though she was his lady, even though she wasn’t nobility. “I have to go talk to the Knight Commander myself, and I thought we might ride together. With your permission, of course.”

She nodded politely, while her mind reeled. “You are welcome, my Lord.” He still winced when she called him that, and she smiled apologetically. “Nathaniel.” The last was whispered, so no one but he could hear it – and she could deny it, if confronted – but he merely smiled at her approvingly. He followed her as she led the way along the track leaving the camp; it narrowed dramatically a hundred feet outside of the camp, but she knew it would widen enough that they could ride side-by-side for most of the trip. She thought frantically, wondering what they would talk about, and whether her pathetic crush would make everything totally awkward.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.