The Nature of the Game - Cover

The Nature of the Game

Copyright© 2018 by Vincent Berg

3: Shared Interests

Romantic Sex Story: 3: Shared Interests - Taylor is aiming for big things: a career in professional sports, and doesn't like making waves. However, when Taylor meets the flamboyant Jacob in the drama department, there's a distinct clash of cultures. The out-and-proud attitude of one unable to hide imperils the future of one who can. Casual meetings under the bleachers risk loss of millions in future earnings. Yet two figures can't keep their hands off each other. Can the two resist each other long enough to survive high school?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Ma   Teenagers   Gay   Fiction   School   Sports   Anal Sex   First  

Jacob lay against the headboard while Taylor sat on the edge of the bed, studying the room.

“You’re sure into Star Wars, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I’m a bit of a fan boy. Go ahead and mock me. I’m used to it. I get plenty of it already.”

“Actually, I’m into it too.”

“Really? Tell me, what do you think the proper order to watch the films is?”

Taylor laughed. “Personally, I’d avoid the prequel trilogy entirely. Not only is Jar-Jar ... jarring, but it introduces an incredible amount of confusion into the series.”

“I prefer watching it chronologically, though I’m not sure I’d have followed the series if I started in that order. How about Star Trek? Do you like the original, the later series, or the more reboot movies?”

“I like Star Trek: the Next Generation, but then I prefer hard science fiction. The original Star Trek dealt with interesting issues, but it was all speculation with no basis in science. Next Generation tried to interject a semblance of reality into the series. While Star Wars was a space opera, the original Star Trek series was more science fantasy.”

“Hard sci-fi?”

“Science fiction based on real physics. I like challenges, considering different scenarios.”

Jacob slid his hands behind his head, surveying the same objects. “I’m concerned with the story telling, how it’s written and how the tale unfolds.”

Taylor laughed. “In other words, you’re a literary nerd while I’m a science geek.”

Jacob chuckled too. “It’s funny, we come from different directions, but end up at the same place. Are you interested in other sci-fi stories?”

“I loved ‘The Martian’. It told a realistic story, and draws you into the challenges which can only be solved with the underlying math.”

“I liked the movie, but never read the book,” Jacob said.

“I read a lot of books, both science and science-fiction, but spending all day practicing cuts into my spare time.”

“I’m in the similar situation with band, glee club and musicals.”

Taylor rolled his eyes. “Yeah, they’re the same.”

“Hey, music is hard work, and involves constant practice, training and dedication, just like your football. Just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s wrong.” Jacob paused a moment before switching the conversation back.

Taylor stood and examined Jacob’s bookshelf. He shifted some books, examining the ones hidden behind the front shelf. “I see you’re also into fantasy?”

“Sort of. I’m not into Dungeons and Dragons, but I’m heavy into the ‘young adult’ romance stories, as well as Fantasy like the “Percy Jackson” and “Harry Potter” series.”

“You mean where hunky vampires in perfect makeup and nicely-dressed werewolves fight over the pretty girls?”

“Hey, there are few decent gay sci-fi books. It’s easy enough to imagine myself as the lead heroine.”

Taylor chuckled. “Sorry, but that’s where my skepticism draws a line in the sand. I’m not able to suspend my disbelief that long. I prefer seeing the young women get eaten while the surviving men wrestle in the nude.”

“Yet, I’m guessing you don’t own a single ‘gay story’.”

“You’re right, just as I don’t keep any pornography where my family might discover it.”

“I’ll tell you what, any time you want, come here and enjoy some of mine.”

Taylor laughed, turning around and leaning against the bookcase. “Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m not about to get involved with anyone yet. Don’t forget, this is a one-time thing.”

“Yeah, yeah. You’re the tough loner. I get it. You don’t need to beat the topic to death. I was the same. I couldn’t imagine us having anything in common, but I’m coming around. I always assumed you were like most jocks: bullheaded and not terribly bright. Granted, you’re still bullheaded, but you’re not obnoxious about it.”

“As much as your statement rankles me, I can also appreciate it. You’re right. Many of my friends—my straight jock friends, at least—fit into that category.”

“What about outside influences? Is there anyone you can open up to?”

“What, you mean admit I’m gay to? Hell no! I’m not giving someone the power to torpedo my career. There’s too much riding on my future to squander it.”

“I understand you’re not into relationships, but having someone to work through issues can help. I’m not suggesting a romance, but stopping by to talk isn’t risking much.”

“Except that you’re the recognized school fairy! If anyone sees us together, they’ll ask questions.”

Jacob frowned, brushing imaginary spots from his pants. “Well, I’m done with the ‘under the bleachers’ nonsense. I still have gravel burns on my knees from yesterday.”

Taylor chuckled. “A few love stains never hurt anyone. What about you? Are you into anything physical? Do you exercise, jog, walk, sky dive?”

Jacob blushed. “I manage getting plenty of physical exertion, but besides band practice, I don’t walk around in circles much. There’s a lot of marching with band, but it’s not what you’re discussing. I play tennis occasionally, but I’m only a social player. I compete to spend time with people. I walk, or rather, hike, but that’s to let my mind wander. I don’t power walk for exercise.”

“Well, I can’t complain too much. Although working out is a major part of my life, if people didn’t sit on their couches, cheering for the athletes on the screen, there wouldn’t be any football scholarships.” He cocked his head. “You don’t smoke weed, do you?”

“Nah. I tried it, but there are too many associations. I’m not into the druggie crowd.”

“Good, I’m a bit paranoid about failing drug tests by proxy—getting too close to others and inhaling enough to get me dropped.”

Jacob grinned as he stood, pulling on his shirt and pants. “Despite your protests, you sound like you’re grilling me for a ‘friendship’ position.”

“No, I’m ensuring spending an hour with you won’t hurt me.”

Jacob turned, putting on his socks. “There are plenty of ways to get bruised, and physical injury is only one.”

“Yeah, and the biggest pain is watching my future get flushed down the drain by taking needless risks.” Taylor glanced around, as if searching for something. “I should take off.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.