9 July 2008 - Cover

9 July 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 3

The third night and results show always featured the contestants singing in groups to different songs. Brad and Abby were happy to be practising an extra song to help the time pass by quicker and take their minds off the impending voter results.

The theatre was again filled to capacity, with the Hayward and Kendall families so excited for and proud of their son and daughter.

“Welcome to Canadian Idol! I’m your host, Ben Mulroney, and tonight these sixteen performers will learn their fate. Only ten will go on, and one of them will become your Canadian Idol! For the remainder, their idol dreams come to a disappointing end.”

He then introduced the judges, the band, and the backup singers.


The show was now well underway, with several groups of competitors entertaining the audience.

“Next, Canadian Idol has another special treat for you. We’ve received countless phone calls and messages asking to hear this duo perform again. You first saw them during the top two hundred performing, ‘Party For Two,’ then last week, ‘It’s Only Love.’ Please welcome your favourite season six couple, Abby Kendall and Brad Hayward, singing, the theme song from the movie, ‘Dirty Dancing,’ Bill Medley and Jennifer Warren’s, ‘(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life!’”

Their clothing reflected Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey’s appearance in the movie video. Brad wore a black shirt and pants, while Abby wore a white mini dress with a scooped neckline that flared out at her tiny waist.

‘(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life,’ words and music by Frank Previte, John DeNicola, and Donald Markowitz.

Standing close, facing Abby, Brad began to sing with light music.

Now I’ve had the time of my life No, I never felt like this before (The back of his left fingers lightly smoothed over her soft cheek.) (Abby’s eyes are half-close to his sensual touch.) Yes I swear it’s the truth. and I owe it all to you. (He points to her.)

(Abby looks at him and smiles.) ‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life and I owe it all to you (Placing a hand on his chest.)

The band begins the strong beat of the song, with Brad and Abby following in the footsteps of the movie.

(Brad) I’ve been waiting for so long
Now I’ve finally found someone
To stand by me

(Abby) We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy

(Together) Now with passion in our eyes (They look at each other.)
There’s no way we could disguise it secretly
So we take each other’s hand (They briefly hold hands.)
‘Cause we seem to understand the urgency

(Brad) Just remember

(Abby) You’re the one thing

(Brad) I can’t get enough of

(Abby) So I’ll tell you something

(Together) This could be love because
I’ve had the time of my life
No, I never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you (They look at each other.)

(Abby) With my body and soul (Pressing her body against his, she places her left palm against his cheek.)
I want you more than you’ll ever know

(Brad) So we’ll just let it go (He places a hand on her hip.)
Don’t be afraid to lose control

(Abby) Yes I know what’s on your mind
When you say:
“Stay with me tonight.”

(Brad) Just remember
You’re the one thing

(Abby) I can’t get enough of

(Brad) So I’ll tell you something

(Together) This could be love because

I’ve had the time of my life
No, I’ve never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.