Sarge
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

The second week began on a Tuesday, and with the prince going to a business meeting in the Secret Service Limo. The prince returned from that meeting with a bug up his ass. He was not happy with the way he was being treated. The third string agents were not as adept at schmoozing as the first string agents. One of the younger agents actually put his hands on the prince to move him along.

While all that was happening, we were relegated to baby sitting the wife and daughter. While the Prince was meeting with billionaires, we were driving the women to high end stores to shop.

To my great surprise Tasha, the princess, asked to stop by the Dollar Tree. When Nita pulled into the parking lot of the store, I give Tasha a stern look.

“I just want to buy all the peanut butter they have in stock. We ate it all the time at school. It is the best peanut butter there is, period,” she said.

“Okay, why not let me go in and get it for you,” I suggested.

“Get all they have in stock,” she demanded.

She saw the look on my face and added, “What, I tried to fit in with the other girls, even the townies were all princesses.”

I nodded and went inside to purchase 100 jars of dollar a jar peanut butter. I made a note to myself to try it when I got home.

“Now that we are alone, I want to go to Lucy’s gym to work out this afternoon,” she said.

“You must get your parent’s permission,” I said.

“My father must he know what kind of gym it is?” she asked.

“No, just the name so that he can pay your ‘workout fee”,” I said. “I’ll get Lucy or Nita to go with you.”

“Will you drive us. I really prefer you as a driver. Dominic is a bit of a show off,” she said.

“As you wish,” I suggested.

Lucy arranged a simple beginner lesson for Tasha. The people in the gym had no idea who the second woman was, so we left it that way. I was going to be Lucy’s friend come to watch her work out with her friend Tasha. Tasha’s cover was that she was a Hebrew exile. She had come with her father who had been exiled from Israel for being too radical. She was apolitical. She was just a good first generation Jewish refugee.

Also according to her Legend, she was a lesbian and a friend of Lucy’s. Lucy’s workout with her lover got a hell of a lot of attention. The fact that Lucy bounced up and down on her titanium lower leg was part of the attraction. The fact that the others though it was two lesbian lovers working out together also helped them maintain interest. Finally the fact that Lucy appeared not to show Tasha any mercy also helped. I knew and expect that the MMA fighters also understood that Lucy pulled her punches, so a not to really hurt Tasha.

Tasha knew enough self defense to score a couple of points. I stayed outside the shower room to make sure no men went inside. I also checked the women who went in for weapons. The check was just a visually only observation. I doubted that anyone, without a death wish, wanted to try Lucy in a hand to hand combat workout.

After they dressed and we were ready to leave, Tasha shocked me by giving Lucy a sexy hug and long kiss. When we were in the limo she turned to Lucy and asked, “So how did I do?”

“In the work out, or the make out?” Lucy2 asked.

“Both,” she said.

“A and C+,” Lucy said with a smile.

“Then we need to work out together again,” she said.

“You need to learn all you can about being a Jewish refugee in America today,” Lucy said. “If you continued to play this game, your life may depend on it one day.”

“Fucking A, I’m going to play Tasha now and then at least,” she said.

“First thing you have to learn is how to be an American Indian,” I said.

“What do you mean,” Tasha asked.

“Learn to walk the forest and leave no marks upon the land,” I said. “Even more important be proud of your ability to come and go without leaving a trail.”

“That will take a lifetime,” Tasha said.

“Yes it will. How good you become at it, may determine exactly how long that lifetime is,” I said.

I wanted her occupied. She was by far the biggest threat to our security plans. Kids act on emotion, a hell of a lot more than adults. Acting before you think things through gets people killed needlessly every single day. I liked the kid fine, I would like her a hell of a lot less, if she got one of my people injured or worse killed.

When we got back to the hotel Ari had a message for me. The prince wanted to see me. How the hell could he know so soon that I was giving his daughter spy craft lessons. I could explain it was harmless, but he might not pay me any mind.

“What can I do for you Prince?” I asked expecting the worst.

“You can take over driving me. I am not happy with your Secret Service,” he said.

“Well it isn’t my secret service, but to be honest they have a lot more assets in the field.” I said.

“You have four skilled and highly trained agents and I assume you are equipped to handle the job,” he observed.

As a back up team, we are well suited to do the job, but you need the Chicago Police Department, and the FBI taking care of all the details involved in a protection plan. We just don’t have the assets in place to handle that,” I admitted.

“That is exactly what the Secret Service agents said. I think you are a resourceful man. I think you can work it out,” he said. “I have already told them I don’t want them in contact with me or my family, so you figure out their role going forward.”

“If they are willing to work with me, we can handle it,” I said. “Just as long as I have your bodyguards on board. I know you have some I haven’t met, and I don’t need to meet them. I would hope they wouldn’t shoot me by mistake.”

“They will not,” the prince said with a knowing smile. “You should worry more about the Secret Service.”

“Oh I worry plenty about the cowboys on all sides,” I said as I laughed. “Okay as long as you clear it with my boss. I’m good to go.”

“Also my daughter seemed very tired when she returned from her workout at the gym. It seems your Lucy worked her very hard,” the Prince said.

“Would you like me to speak to her?” I asked.

“Absolutely not, the girl is too pampered,” he said.

“Lucy just showed her around the gym. You daughter chose her own workout. We are security specialist not personal trainers,” I said.

“Whatever she is doing, keep it up,” he said. “I am really quite pleased with your service. So pleased That I would like your team to drive us to dinner tonight.”

“Thank you sir,” I said. “You do realize that is going to cause a lot of hard feelings?”

“Please allow me to take care of that problem. Just keep my family safe,” he demanded.

“We are going to need the FBI at least,” I said. I don’t have enough people.”

“I can get you whatever you need just tell my bodyguard,” the prince said confidently.

Ari caught me as I left the suite. “Because I do not speak, does not mean I do not understand,” he said.

“I never doubted that for a moment. We both have the same mission,” I said. “At least I hope so.”

“When the team came back to the hotel from taking the prince’s family to dinner, There was a woman of about fifty waiting for me. She had that ‘reaching the end of a career look about her.

“You Selfridge,” she asked.

“I am, and who might you be?” I asked.

“Alice with State,” she said.

“Which state?” I asked trying to be a smart ass.

“The biggest one, and I don’t mean Alaska,” she replied.

“Oh my what can I do for you,” I asked.

“I am responsible for the Prince’s safety,” she continued. “We need for you to back off.”

“Do you know how I got involved in this in the first place,” I asked.

“You were hired by the Saudi royal family through their shell company in the united states,” she replied.

“And for the first week we stayed in the background and everything was fine,” I said. “Then one of your agents got a little heavy handed with the Prince. That is why he asked that my team take over the direct contact with the his family and himself. Does that sound about right?”

“There was a misunderstanding. That agent has been reassigned,” she said.

“Well in order to protect the Prince, I need all the backup help I can get, but I assure you I intend to do the job I was hired to do. We can work together or you can go to hell, and we will bring in more assets.” I said bluffing her. “Then if something happens it will still wind up in state’s lap.”

“You know if you have an accident on the bike our problems might be over,” she said.

“And if I catch it on my real time body cam Force Protection might just raise the biggest stink you ever saw, or maybe it would be my estate.” I said.

“I see you thought of everything,” she said.

“Not everything, but enough things I hope,” was my reply.

I checked in with the night watch in the hall and with Ari. I took his smart phone and installed my AP for the staircase camera on it.

“I’m sure you have someone awake at all times even if we can’t see him. This might help,” I suggested.

I didn’t sleep well with strange people totally in charge of the security, but my team had to rest sometime. We also had to be ready for the morning activities. Of course my idea of morning, and the royal families were not the same.

By the time the royal family decide to make an appearance it was 10AM. The whole team was present during our drive out to breakfast. Two of us traveled in the Limo and the other two in the Lincoln Navigator, which Dominic had rented the day before. The idea was to use the navigator to transport the women shopping after their late breakfast or early lunch, depending on how you looked at it.

I had of course finished my bike ride by seven and was ready for the day when the family showed itself. The whole family was gathered in a very upscale eatery when Alice appeared.

“I thought you might like to know, we have detained a Saudi citizen in this country on a student visa. It seems he has been talking about a plot to send his countrymen a message,” she said.

“That is interesting. You will let me know how you progress,” I said.

“This is payment for your cooperation. We have a team of agents covering this restaurant and the office of Ergo petroleum company. The Prince’s visit there is still on I assume?” she asked.

“As far as I know that is going to happen next,” I agreed.

“We will slide a few more assets there,” Alice volunteered.

“That would be a good idea,” I suggested.

When we left Ali drove, I rode shotgun, and Lucy trailed us on the scooter. We seemed to be ready for almost anything. The women were by far the most vulnerable. It was too bad for one Saudi student that he and two of his gangster friends tried to grab the navigator. They pulled up beside the navigator in a work van and looked it over.

Dominic felt they weren’t right so he ran a red light to force their hand. When they came through the Chicago police who were following the limo in unmarked cars took them down. Even in Chicago carrying an automatic weapon in the car was a no, no. The whole things was over in less than a minute thanks to Dominic.

Obviously driving a mob boss was good training for the protection business, I thought. When I saw him at the hotel after lunch, I simply gave him an attaboy. He smiled which was as good as a thank you.

The lead story on the local news was Quick thinking limo driver saves Prince’s wife and daughter. I was horrified, but at least they did not show the faces of the royal family or Dominic. Dominic wore a knit cap and dark glasses in all the shots.

The Saudi student and his two thug friends were identified by name, and their mug shots accompanied the story.

“Well you have a competent driver at least,” Alice said when she called on the phone.

“Well you know how affirmative actions is,” I said. “You got to get lucky sometime. By the way thanks for the tip.”

“Not a problem. Seriously if you need bodies just call me,” she said.

Well Lucy2 is taking the Princess to the gym tonight, do you have a couple agents who can keep their mouths shut?” I asked.

“Of course,” she said. “So who from your team is accompanying her?” She asked.

“Probably all the girl staff,” I replied.

From three till five, the three women were gone. Lucy2, Nita, and Tasha, took to the gym. Lucy told me later that Tasha had some self defense training and because of that she could handle herself. What she lacked was the will to use it. She lacked the aggressive attitude.

“So can’t you teach her to be a killer,” I asked with a laugh.

“You never know till the time comes, do you?” she asked.

“No you don’t,” I agreed.

“I will tell you this her eyes light up every time she discusses the ride through town with the cop cars in front and the siren going,” Nita added. “Keep Dominic away from her. He is her knight in shinning armor.”

“Yeah, no accounting for taste,” I said. “Tonight we are all standing watch at a local theater where the family will attend a performance of a revival. I don’t even know the name of the show.”

“So be ready to leave here at 7PM. They are going to hold the curtain for us so let’s don’t keep them waiting.” I demanded

The prince’s own bodyguard was in the limo when we loaded the family. He was also available when we entered the theater, and again at the door to the box. My team and the FBI wandered around looking for potential snipers. Bombs were also a threat so we never stopped looking for hidden parcels. After all that work it went off without a hitch.

Everyone was back at the suite by 10PM. We turned the detail over to the prince’s personal men, and the Chicago Police Department. I didn’t have a lot of faith in either, so I slept light.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.