25 June 2008 - Cover

25 June 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 3

The next evening, Ben Mulroney’s voice silenced the crowd. “This is Canadian Idol! Tonight, your votes have decided the four contestants whose dreams of stardom will end.”

He walked onto the stage of the 1,232-seat capacity-filled John Bassett Theatre as stage lights flashed and the intro theme song played. Among the spectators were all of Brad and Abby’s families. It was difficult for everyone to be in Toronto for the two days of singing plus the results show. As long as Abby or Brad remained in the competition, they’d attend the live results show.

He gave the audience and TV viewers a brief synopsis of what would happen, introduced the live band, and then introduced the four judges.

Before the results were revealed, the twenty-four performed in groups of two, three, and four. Abby teased Brad about his enjoyment of singing with Lisa, Jessica, and Katherine. He, in turn, asked what was on her mind, being the only girl with Theo, Mark, and Paul.

She just flashed her wickedly sensual smile at him, “That’s for me to know and for you to fantasize about!”


“Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special treat for you. We saw them first perform during the top two hundred and were so impressed, we’ve united them again. Singing, ‘It’s Only Love,’ here are Abby Kendall and Brad Hayward!”

The staff recreated the music video wardrobe featuring Bryan Adams and Tina Turner. Brad wore a black shirt over a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Abby looked stunningly beautiful wearing a multi-coloured, very low scooped top, covered with an open, light blue jean jacket. Her long brunette hair cascaded loosely over her shoulders. Her long, slender legs were accented by a short black mini-skirt and black high heels.

This time, there were no time constraints for performing their song.

‘Its Only Love,’ words and music by Bryan Adams and James Douglas Vallance.

Cheers and applause filled the room. Brad began the song facing the band, then turned and continued to play the intro riff as he and Abby walked to centre stage.

The two came together, and you could sense the sexual energy emanating from them. She greeted him with a smile and a kiss on his cheek. Her glistening brown eyes easily betrayed her deep love for him.

Brad began singing as Abby danced sensually to the hard rock beat.

When the feelin’ is ended There ain’t no use pretendin’ Don’t ya worry - it’s only love

When your world has been shattered Ain’t nothin’ else matters It ain’t over - it’s only love And that’s all - ya

Abby begins to sing.

When your heart has been broken Hard words have been spoken It ain’t easy - but it’s only love

And if your life ain’t worth livin’ And you’re ready to give in Just remember - that it’s only love

They sing the remainder of the song in a duet.

You can live without the aggravation Ya gotta wanna win - ya gotta wanna win

You keep lookin’ back in desperation Over and over and over again When your world is shattered Ain’t nothin’ else matters It ain’t over - it’s only love

If your life ain’t worth livin’ And you’re ready to give in Just remember - that it’s only love

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.