25 June 2008
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

The next day, Brad tried to take Abby’s mind off her evening performance. After rehearsing her song on stage in the morning, the group was given a tour of the Ontario Science Centre in the afternoon.

Brad loved her choice of song, especially the version the band was practising with her. “I know that song; I’ve played it several times with Dissension back home,” he remarked.

He couldn’t believe his good fortune when the band leader invited him to join them to rehearse Abby’s song. “I wish you could play with the band tonight,” Abby happened to mention.

Thirty minutes later, Brad was informed he’d be allowed to accompany the band for Abby’s song, provided he stayed in the background. The song had to be altered to fit the most content into the allotted time. This meant leaving out the soulful riff between the verses.

Abby’s choice of clothes was conservative for her: form-fitting jeans and a slightly scooped white top. Her long brunette hair cascaded past her shoulders.

“I wish I could sing first and get it done and over with,” she complained.

“You’re hiding your nervousness very well,” Brad replied, giving her a comforting hug. The feeling of her sensual body moulding to his was always beyond compare.

“How did you do it, acting so cool and confident on stage?” She asked.

“I was nervous too. I’ve played a number of times with Dissension at concerts, so that helped with the nerves, and playing hockey in front of six or seven thousand fans helped. I really like performing my song, and I made it fun to do.”

Brad cupped her soft face in his hands, “Usually it’s you cheering me up! I love you, Abby, and will always support your dreams. This is your time, and that is your stage; you own it! I heard you practising your song, and you’re going to blow the roof off this place!”

“I’d sooner blow your cock in any place!” She whispered in his ear.

“Tonight sounds good to me!” He smiled.


The live broadcast began with the twenty-four sitting in three rows. As Mark Day received the judge’s critique for singing Heart’s ‘Alone,’ Abby prepared to be next. Several other contestants noticed Brad walk over to the band and strap on an electric guitar.

As Mark left the stage to good applause, Ben continued, “Next to sing for you is sixteen-year-old Abby Kendall, from Trenton, Ontario, singing Bryan Adams’ ‘Somebody.’”

The camera focused on Abby as Brad started the familiar beginning riff to this iconic song. It had to be slightly quicker-paced and shortened so she could sing as much of the song as possible within the two-minute time limit.

‘Somebody,’ words and music by Bryan Adams and James Douglas Vallance.


As the intro began, Abby strutted to the left corner of the stage, her fist pumping the air, her right leg forward, foot-stomping the floor to the strong beat of the song.

I bin lookin’ for someone Between the fire and the flame We’re all lookin’ for somethin’ To ease the pain Now who can you turn to When it’s all black and white And the winners are losers You see it every night

Abby happily skipped to the right corner, still rocking her body to the beat and pointing to the audience. The backup singers joined in to emphasize the verse. The camera showed Brad as if he were a member of the band.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.