25 June 2008 - Cover

25 June 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 1

Once Brad and Abby had made it to the top twenty-four and returned home to Trenton, where they’d become instant celebrities, Autographs and pictures were asked of Brad for his popularity on Canadian Idol and not his hockey prowess. He was more admired by the girls than ever. Abby was just as recognized and grew to accept the attention of her new fans. Her short dresses and skirts were replaced with form-fitting shorts, and she always wore a low-cut top to highlight her firm breasts.

Abby teasingly cautioned Brad not to become sexually involved with any of his willing female fans. He jokingly replied for her to be mindful of those boys more interested in her sensual-looking body than her beautiful voice. Their sexual partners continued to be their close friends and Dan’s extended family.

Returning to high school, they were more popular than ever but now had final exams to write. Brad credited Abby with keeping him focused on his studies, which came naturally to her, and they graduated into grade twelve.


The top twenty-four gathered in Toronto occupy the same floor of the upscale, downtown Sheridan Hotel. This season, the two dozen finalists were not evenly split between male and female contestants. There were fifteen boys and nine girls.

Since it was unknown who would win Canadian Idol, each contestant was interviewed, and a more detailed bio was produced for showing on TV.

The sequence of events was, that the contestants chose a song based on the requirements for that week, be it rock, country, oldies, or a certain artist. They would practice their song interspersed with touring the city sights. The large group was divided into two. The first twelve would sing live on TV on Monday and the second group on Tuesday, with the results, show airing on Wednesday.

Four will be eliminated the first week, June 25th, then another four the next, and then six the third week to get down to the top ten.

Contestants drew a hidden number that determined the order in which they’d sing. As luck would have it, Brad was in the first group and picked number one.


Host Ben Mulroney stood to the side of the stage, introducing the band and the four judges. They each gave their take on the top twenty-four and then asked several of the contestants their expectations. “Remember to call the toll-free number at the bottom of your TV screen and vote as many times as you like for your favourite Canadian idol, or text your vote using your cell phone.”

“First up, to start our quest to find the next Canadian Idol, singing Michael Jackson’s ‘The Way You Make Me Feel,’ is Brad Hayward.”


The camera centred on Brad as the drummer and guitar players began the heavy beat of the song. The two backup singers would repeat his sentences from the main verse. He was no great dancer, but he did have a few moves he’d use during his performances. His version had to shorten the five-minute song to the allotted two-minute performance time.

‘The Way You Make Me Feel,’ words and music by Michael Jackson.

“Hey, everyone, come on and put your hands together!” He shouted into the microphone and began clapping his hands. Then, tapping his left one tapping his thigh, he began to sway to the beat.

Brad pointed to Abby, his fingers prompting her to stand. By design, she was wearing high heels and a sensual-looking dress.)

Hey pretty baby with the high heels on! You give me fever like I’ve never, forever known!

You’re just a product of loveliness! I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress! (Abby turned in a circle to show off her sensual, petite figure.) I feel your fever from miles around! I’ll pick you up in my car and we’ll paint the town! Just kiss me baby and tell me twice, that you’re the one for me!

The way you make me feel! (The way you make me feel!) (The background singers swayed in unison to the beat.) You really turn me on! (You really turn me on!) You knock me off of my feet! (You knock me off of my feet!) My lonely days are gone! (My lonely days are gone!)

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.