DENNIS & NANCY: a G-rated Story! - Cover

DENNIS & NANCY: a G-rated Story!

 

Chapter 1

Something quite fascinating happened at the start of the third week of fourth grade at Carrows Elementary School.

Right after the bell that started second period, School Principal Nora Donnelly, walked in our classroom with a young lady. After a quiet discussion with our History Teacher Miss Stinson, Principal Donnelly addressed the class directly, “Hello everyone, Carrows Elementary School has a new family who has moved in, the Haights, (she spelled it) and they have two elementary school-aged children, Nancy and Hillary. Hillary is starting 7th grade, and in 4th grade is her younger sister Nancy ... everybody, please say Hello to Nancy?”

All of us together said, “Hello!” But I was the only one who stood up to say it.

Nancy did a quick hand wave to everyone, and I said, “There is an empty chair next to me, Principal Donnelly!”

“That is Dennis Spellman,” our Miss Stinson said. “Dennis, could you please help Nancy to her chair?”

It was easy to walk up, take her quite heavy book bag, and lead her to the chair.

After she sat down, I handed her her books and she broke into a nervous smile and said, “Thank you, Dennis!”

After the principal left, some of the nearby ne’er-do-well boys were giving me grief. It didn’t bother me, there is nothing wrong with good manners!

When the class was over, I hoisted her books again and asked, “Where is your next class, Nancy?”

She pulled out a piece of paper, which I glanced at saying, “It appears we have four out of seven classes in common, including Geography, which is next. May I walk with you, please?”

“You are so very kind, Dennis,” she said putting her arm on mine.

This was the first time that’s ever happened to me, not counting my mother.

I was negligibly nervous, but we walked casually to the appropriate classroom. She must have all the books for all the classes in her backpack.

Mrs. Jaynes saw her sitting next to me and asked her to stand where she was and introduce herself including where she had moved from.

She stood, “My name is Nancy Haight, (spelling it). Our family moved from San Jose, California to here in Columbus, Ohio. I would like to thank Dennis Spellman who is helping me learn the school campus and is carrying my books for me.”

It is a private first through eighth school, rather expensive from what I understand. Both of my parents make good money, my dad Bill, is the main Pharmicist at Memorial Hospital Pharmacy Center, and my Mom, Ginnifer, is an Independent Broker-Realtor with her own office and eight employees.

“Who knows the Capital of California?” Mrs. Jaynes asked the class.

I was first to raise my hand, “Yes Dennis?”

I stood, “Sacramento, which is the County Seat of Sacramento County, and is the sixth largest city in California!”

Whenever she asks a question concerning cities, counties, and/or states, you are expected to answer it and also add additional information, as I did.

“Very good, Mr. Spellman!”

I got a smile from Nancy who mouthed, ‘Very Good’ to me.

Her next class was Math, but in a different classroom from mine. Despite that, I still took her things for her.

I had walked up to Miss Mathewson asking if I could transfer to her classroom, and she looked at Nancy who was standing next to me, than smiled and said, “Find a seat, Mr. Spellman.” It’s good to know all the teachers!

I gave Mark Thompson a ten dollar bill, and moved in next to the lovely Miss Haight.

During class she handed me a note, which I quickly read to myself and mouthed ‘Yes’ admitting what I had done.

After fourth period was Lunch, and once we put our bags in our lockers, she took my arm and by now I was very comfortable with her on my arm.

After going through the food buffet, I said, “You pick the spot.”

My best friend, Fred Moss and I ate lunch together quite often, but he saw a girl on my arm, smiled, and waved after the lovely Miss Haight and I sat together.

We talked and ate finding out a lot about one other. I asked where in town she lived, finding it a short walk from the Spellman home, meaning we likely had the same bus stop.

If I was a romantic and bold enough, I would suggest that we were meant for each other. However, at 10 years old that is not a subject you bring up. It was only the third week of school, and I told myself to not be too ostentatious, which my older brother Karl often said about me. I have had the highest grades every year since first grade at this school. I help Karl if he asks.

After school, we got on bus number 25, and sat by each other.

Deciding that it was nobody’s business what we talked about, we texted one another instead.

Her father, Paul Haight is a Defense Attorney and her mom, Debra is an Independent Realtor.

It’s a small world after all!

The usual students got off with us, walking off in different directions.

If I may, let me describe the young lady I walked arm and arm with all day:

She has lovely light blond hair, down her back and blue eyes. She is about six inches shorter than I am. I am 5ft3. I have light brown hair, with blue eyes.

For comparisons sake, find and look at the cover picture of the film LES MISERABLES, Nancy looks just like her.

I walked her all the way to her front door at 2468 Camino Primavera. Most streets in our subdivision are either part or all Spanish. I live on the 2300 block of Camino Sierra.

She let herself in and invited me inside. I casually mentioned that it was improper for me to be there, only the two of us.

After I set her books down just inside her front door, she said, “Thank you Dennis. You were very nice and kind to me all day, see you tomorrow.”

She stopped me long enough to give me a peck on the cheek as her sister was let out of a light blue Toyota, and came walking up the brick path to the open door.

“Found a boy on your first day, Sis. He is cute!”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.