11 June 2008 - Cover

11 June 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 2

Most every hallway, several bathrooms, and sleeping rooms were in use as the formed groups began the task of bringing the sounds of their group to life.

Brad and Abby looked over the list of songs, noting, that some good ones had been chosen several times.

“I want us to sing something completely different from them. I hope we can sing one of our songs,” Abby mentioned as she and Brad listed their five songs.

They walked through the area of the hotel where the formed groups were practising their chosen song. There was no shortage of frustration and frazzled nerves as groups tried to plan who would sing what part, with many wanting to make sure one didn’t sing more notes or words than another.

Abby and Brad watched a cameraman follow Jully Black as she observed, commented, and interviewed on the success and seemingly failure of different groups. Tears of frustration and heated arguments were observed.


Brad and Abby approached Zack Werner. “If it’s acceptable, we’d like to sing a song that isn’t on the list,” Abby mentioned, with Brad handing Zack the list.

“You don’t like the songs to choose from on the list?”

“Several groups are doing the same song, so we’d like to do something different,” Brad added.

“Have one or two you’d want to sing?”

“Yes, Party for Two by Shania Twain,” she said.

“Very ingenious because it’s a duet. I look forward to seeing your performance.”

“Thank you!” Abby smiled, taking Brad’s hand. They walked to the small side room where John Stevens was sitting at his piano.

They noticed Ben and Jully and a cameraman were watching a trio finish their song rehearsal with John.

“Hi, Zack gave us permission to sing a song, not on the list,” she said. Brad handed John the list.

“Have a particular song from this list?”

“Yes, Party For Two, by Shania Twain.”

John sifted through a stack of music books on the top of the piano. “Party For Two, you got it!” He smiled, opening the songbook to the title page. He briefly played the notes, becoming familiar with the song.

Brad and Abby consulted with John about the right key and what portions to change to add more of Brad’s singing. Jully suggested they don’t change the duet format and how to emphasize certain words. They had so much fun practising this upbeat song.

Brad asked which instrument he should play, his guitar or the keyboard. Jully suggested neither; let the judges hear only their voices.


They stopped for a sandwich provided by Subway, made further plans, and then listened to other groups rehearsing. It was usual for the boys and girls to stay in separate rooms. To put the finishing touches on their song, they went to her room and practised.

It was tempting for them to sneak in a fuck, and they didn’t want to get caught and possibly kicked out of the competition. That didn’t stop them from kissing passionately and doing some heavy petting.

Abby’s roommate came in, catching him with his hand under her top and feeling her bare breast. It was getting late, and the experience of their song allowed them to say good night.

They were one of the few groups that finished at midnight. Most continued to hone their song choices until four to five in the morning.

One of the girl singers had earlier become ill and was taken to the hospital. The two remaining had to continue and alter the song should she not be able to perform.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.