Neighbours
Chapter 2: Hollywould

Copyright© 2018 by Mark Cane

It was Thursday afternoon. Debbie and I were in her kitchen, brainstorming a future story for SOL. The doorbell rang, and Chloe came tearing downstairs to open the front door. It was Holly, from the next street over.

Holly is a little pixie. She wears thick-rimmed black spectacles and old-fashioned metal braces on her teeth. Her hair is Shirley Temple curly and worn almost exclusively in twin bunches atop her head. She favours horizontal striped, thigh-high leggings, miniskirts, and sweaters.

Her choice that day was pink, orange, and mauve striped leggings, pink sneakers, and a shapeless purple bib-overall dress with a denim skirt beneath. She could audition for the part of Harley Quinn’s precocious little sister.

Chloe and Holly dashed upstairs. I raised a quizzical eyebrow, and Debbie smiled.

“Exclusively homework. Holly the maths whiz is Chloe’s tutor. Her salvation, really,” she said, laughing.

Holly could be perfectly mainline if she ditched the aberrant glasses, made her parents invest in straight-line orthodonture, tamed her hair, burned her existing wardrobe and let Chloe replace it. Chloe knew fashion, also make-up.

Was Holly conscious of Chloe’s proclivities, I wondered, and those of the family in general? (Excepting Straitjacket Harry, who practised the three tenets of sublime ignorance: Here no, See no, Speak no.)

Debbie read my mind and laughed. “A month ago, I’d have bet on Holly being the most naïve girl in the entire township, and retired a millionaire. Even Chloe admits she’s a lost cause. Was, anyway.”

Slipping off the stool, she crossed to the coffee maker. “I’ll tell you a little tale, Mark. I’d like to adapt it for use in our next story, if you agree. It’s technically my turn to write the first draft, and I’ve had this in mind since it happened three weeks ago.”

I accepted a mug of thick black coffee. Blowing across the hot surface, I said, “Okay, shoot.”

She grinned mischievously. “That’s usually your job, but okay.” She slipped her lovely bottom back on the stool. “It was Tuesday afternoon, after school. I was here at the bar grading papers, and Chloe and Holly were in the dining room, books spread over the table doing their homework. Gradually, tones became higher-pitched and I grinned, expecting a typical row.

“ ‘Shut up!’ Holly cried suddenly, and I laughed at the outraged embarrassment in her voice. That could only mean one thing: boys, sex--or both.”

“ ‘Mum!’ Chloe hollered.”

“ ‘Don’t you dare!’ Holly squealed. ‘I’ll leave!’ “

“Chloe laughed, and I shook my head, wanting nothing to do with her teen mischief. Two seconds later, Chloe was in the doorway.”

“ ‘You’re never gonna believe this, Mum!’ “

“ ‘I hope not,’ I said caustically.”

“ ‘Holly is 14 years old, and she’s never seen a boy’s penis!’ “

“I grimaced as Holly squealed, ‘Chloe, no!’ “

“ ‘Stop it, both of you,’ I said. ‘Before I get out my belt!’ “

“Turns out Holly’s a living dinosaur, the only non-extinct member of the species ‘Virgin’ on Planet Earth. She had never had sex, never been touched, or even kissed. I immediately thought to call the Royal Academy of Sciences.” She snickered. “Lovely Holly had a coronary as Chloe confessed all to me.”

I chuckled. “To be a fly on the wall to that conversation. Not yours and Chloe’s, but hers and Holly’s leading up the kerfuffle. That we could sell to News of the World.”

Debbie snorted. Then related the remainder of the story.

“I thought, goodness graces, this youngster is a date-rape waiting to happen. A single beer, a puff from a joint...even an innocent afternoon homework session could leave Holly brutally de-flowered. She hadn’t the foggiest notion of how to properly protect herself.”

“ ‘Holly, sweetie...?’ “ I said.

“Yes, Mrs. Tolliver?”

“Have you really never seen a boy’s penis?”

Blushing furiously, Holly shook her head, but then nodded. “On the Internet. But never in real life.”

Debbie shook her head. Uncertain of her next words, she started as Jonny walked behind the two girls in the doorway.

“Jonny, wait!”

Earbuds firmly implanted, iPhone in hand, Jonny either ignored his mother, or failed to hear. Debbie shouted his name this time, and Jonny backed to the doorway.

“What?” he demanded. Chloe looked confused, Holly apprehensive.

Debbie cleared her throat. “Do you have a moment?” Both girls now looked shocked; Holly, nearly panicked.

“Mrs. Tolliver!” she squawked. “No--please!”

Jolted by her reaction, a confused Jonny looked blinking at Holly, eyed his suddenly smug-looking sister, and then his embarrassed mum.

“What’s goin’ on? The match is gonna start any minute now, mum.”

Wishing she had simply let this go, Debbie cleared her throat again. “If you’d be so kind as to help us out?”

To stop Holly fleeing the house in terror, Chloe had sidled up behind her and grasped her biceps. Holly looked ready to self-immolate. Jonny looked ready to scratch his head.

“What kind of help?” he asked suspiciously.

Debbie kept getting redder. “A bit of a physical demonstration, I think.”

Holly was on the verge of full-blown panic. Staring wildly at Jonny, three years older than she, and a prominent fixture in her fantasy life, she vehemently shook her head. “Not Jonny! No, please! Not my best friend’s brother!”

Furious with herself, wishing she had just kicked the pair back to the dining room when she had the chance, Debbie pressed on.

“Would you please show Holly your penis?”

Stunned, pop-eyed and dropped-jawed, Jonny blurted: “Her? No way! I’m not showing my cock to no skank!”

The kitchen went utterly silent. Then, redder even than poor Holly, he mumbled a humiliated apology. “I didn’t mean that. You ain’t no skank, Holly. You’re just sorta...”

Holly had begun to cry. Freeing herself with a jerk, she spat “Thanks!” at Debbie, and twisted away to go. Jonny looked back at her.

“I always kinda liked you, Holly.”

Holly stopped up short. Furiously red and embarrassed, she croaked: “You do?”

Jonny nodded, cracking a grin. “I even like the way you dress sometimes.”

Holly looked slightly less horrified now. “You do?” she repeated.

“The match between Man U and Leicester City is about to start. Wanna watch it with me?”

“Mum!” Chloe complained.

“You can watch it too,” Jonny allowed. “I’m not trying to split you two up.”

In a huff, Chloe retorted: “You just called her a skank, A-hole!”

Concurrent with Debbie’s automatic “Chloe!”, Jonny snarked her good: “She ain’t the one I called skank, skank.”

Debbie stood up. “Enough, you two! Language!”

“He started it!” Chloe complained.

“I’ll be the one to finish it, too,” Jonny quipped.

“Mum!”

Debbie shook her head in exasperation. “Honestly! Teenagers! It’s always, ‘He did this’, or ‘She said that’, or ‘I’ll do it later, Mum.’ “ She speared them both with a finger point. “I have a good mind to send you both packing and keep Holly here.”

Holly put a hand over her mouth and giggled. She was bright red, eyes shiny with excitement. There was no mistaking her uncontrolled tremble. Her eyes widened further as Jonny slid his hand into hers and interleaved their fingers. Watching her stare at him in open-mouthed awe made Debbie roll her eyes.

“This is the weirdest household imaginable,” Chloe grumbled. “You never let on you liked my brother.” Her eyes narrowed. “Is that why you always want to come over?”

“Chloe!” Holly was mortified. “No, of course not! I always thought...” She half-turned her her back toward Jonny. “I always thought your brother hated me.”

“So did I,” Chloe said stiffly. “That sure changed quick.” Her eyes narrowed again. “Have you two...?”

Holly was shocked. “Of course not! Your brother?” She finally looked at him. “I never in a million years thought...” she gulped loudly. “Am I dreaming?”

Everyone but Holly burst out in laughter; everyone’s favourite Pixie coloured more darkly, casting her eyes to the floor. Debbie thought she’d gladly jump into a magically opening hole in the linoleum.

Chloe said: “I want you to see his cock. Right here in front of me, Holly.”

Holly whipped her head back, mortified. “Chloe!”

“I’ve already seen it,” Chloe quipped. “I want to see your eyes when you do.”

Jonny rolled his. “I should have stayed and watched the match at Rog’s.” He squeezed Holly’s hand to sidetrack any resulting stab of insult. “You’re right about this being the weirdest household imaginable.” He looked down. “Would you like to see it?”

Chloe rolled her eyes disgustedly and folded her arms. The theatrical reaction failed to fool her mother. Debbie was perfectly aware how madly Chloe adored her older brother.

An embarrassed silence ensued. A horrified maroon, Holly stared at the floor. Jonny wasn’t but a few shades lighter; Chloe was pretty flushed as well. Accepting the accuracy of her children’s household assessment, clearing her throat, mum said: “We should afford Holly and Jonny the privacy they deserve. This isn’t something a boy and his girl should have to share.”

Chloe looked stricken, but nodded agreement. She’d relive this unfortunate snafu endlessly, Debbie imagined, wondering how it came to this.

Holly objected in a thick voice: “It’s not fair to Chloe. I’m over here for her, and friends don’t do that to friends.”

Chloe looked both relieved, and guilt stricken. “Hol...?”

“No. It’s okay. It really is. If Jonny’s okay with it?”

Jonny looked fit to be tied. Leaning forward, he said around Holly: “Does she know about...?”

Flushing, Chloe half-nodded, half-shrugged. “Some of it,” she admitted. “She knows I gave you a BJ.”

“Chloe!” Holly hissed, mortified. “Don’t tell him that!”

“He already knows,” Chloe said wryly. “Who do you think I gave it to?”

Holly coloured the shade of overripe plums.

“He enjoyed it too, didn’t you, brother, dear?”

“Shut it,” Jonny muttered. All became quiet again. Finally, disgruntled and unsure what to say, Jonny looked at the kitchen clock and muttered, “Bloody hell. The kick-off is anytime soon now.”

Chloe chuckled. Then, moving stiffly, went to stand before her brother. “Tell me to stop and I will.”

Though conflicted, Jonny shook his head, then nodded. Dropping to a knee, Chloe unzipped his fly, then unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned the top of his jeans. Gripping Jonny’s hand, biting her lower lip, Holly stared wide-eyed at Chloe’s trembling fingers. Debbie bit her lower lip, as well. Maybe she hadn’t ought to sanction this. Maybe this had gone too far.

“He’s big,” Chloe warned. “I told you that.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.