Junior Year - Part III
Interlude: Brook Davis

Copyright© 2018 by G Younger

Coming of Age Sex Story: Interlude: Brook Davis - There is a famous movie line: "There's no crying in baseball." Does that apply to making a movie? David Dawson travels to Cuba to make The Royal Palm and discovers that his director hates him. Will he be able to overcome the obstacles placed in front of him to be able to deliver a starring performance? Acting isn't the only thing to do in Cuba. David embarks on a journey to discover this hidden gem and the people that live there. Next is Japan and then U-18 USA Baseball.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Teenagers   Sports  

When my dad announced that he’d gotten the job at State, I wasn’t happy. Who wants to move and change high schools just before their junior year? I’d be leaving everything I’d worked for. I also knew how hard it would be to make new friends wherever we moved. People were already in cliques, and it would be almost impossible to work my way into the ‘in’ group. I should know, because I ran our ‘in’ group, and newcomers need not apply.

Then I did a little research on where we were moving. OMG! We were landing in some backwoods version of Deliverance in the Midwest. I mean, there was no shopping, no cool restaurants, no clubs. What was I supposed to do on a Saturday night? Sit in some cornfield and watch fireflies?

What made the move tolerable was my Grandma Wexler. Mom’s side of the family had founded L Brands, which included stores like The Limited, Bath and Body Works, and Victoria’s Secret. When I was growing up, my grandmother always told me I was her princess. She made me feel special and told me fairy tales. When we arrived in what I’d taken to calling ‘Pittsville,’ she was waiting for us.

“I’ve added a few things,” Grandma announced.

“What have you done now?” my mom asked.

“I’ve added some walking trails. Come, I want you to see them.”

My mom, dad and I followed her into the woods behind the house. It was so peaceful. We emerged into an open meadow with a lake. Beside the lake were three little cabins that looked like they’d come right out of a storybook.

“I had them build three of them so you each could have your own getaway.”

Dad’s was a log cabin with stone floors and a big window that overlooked the lake. Mom’s was light and airy, painted in muted pinks and light greens. Mine looked like it had come out of the pages of the books my grandma used to read me. It was a little one-bedroom cabin with a big fireplace. I could see myself curled up next to a crackling fire while reading a book. I found a bookcase full of the stories my grandma used to read me.

“I thought you might want them for when you have children,” she told me.


I resolved to not let my change of location ruin my junior year. The first step was to join the cheerleading squad. On the first day of tryouts, I discovered I wasn’t the only new girl. Halle James was the daughter of movie star Rita James. The other new girl was Zoe Pearson. She’d been homeschooled, of all things. The three of us gravitated to one another for support.

During a break the second day, Halle admitted her brother was here for drug rehab. I couldn’t figure out why they would move here without a good reason. Then she mentioned she knew Lincoln High’s star quarterback, David Dawson. It wasn’t hard to find out about him, because I think he dated all the cheerleaders. Halle had been in a movie with him and they’d gotten close.

Zoe shocked me when she admitted she had a crush on him. He’d talked to her parents to get her out of homeschool hell so her younger brother could go out for football. She’d told her parents she wasn’t going to be the only one stuck at home. I admired her spunk.

When cheerleading practice had ended, we’d all gone swimming at Tracy Dole’s. In walked Lincoln’s Big Man on Campus with his dog. Every girl there turned to watch him. He had a ready smile that lit up the room. My first thought was ‘Please, Lord, don’t let him be gay.’ At my old school, all the guys that looked that good were. From the stories I’d heard, I knew he wasn’t.

He of course was dating the head cheerleader, Mona Wingman. Those two dating was so cliché. I hoped he was some empty-headed jock because I had a bad feeling he could be trouble. Then that bitch, Halle, smiled at him and began to flirt. She brazenly invited him to dinner.

I marched up before she could steal him for herself, having already forgotten he was dating Mona.

“Are you going to introduce us?” I asked.

Our eyes locked and I heard Mona mumble, “Oh shit!” She walked up and jabbed him in the ribs to get his attention. Inside I was jumping up and down because I’d seen that look in guys’ eyes before. It wouldn’t be long before he was mine. Little did I know how wrong I would be about that.

Turned out David was just a big kid. Mona lured him over by the pool and pushed him in, clothes and all. I expected him to get mad, but he just went and changed into his suit. He grabbed Mona and they both went into the pool. Soon there was a giant water fight with him in the middle of it all.


I quickly found out that David had just broken up with an idiot girl from some private school. That meant that David and Mona’s relationship was new. She could be his rebound girl. Meanwhile, I wanted to find someone to date. Back home it was easy to get into clubs, which meant college guys were my main focus. They were just more confident and a better time. My mom had a long talk with me and encouraged me to give high school boys a chance.

On the first day of school, I wore the tightest jeans I owned and a man’s dress shirt in hopes of attracting the attention of my next boyfriend. I didn’t expect what happened, though. I was getting my books out of my locker when suddenly I felt this big guy behind me. He placed his palms on each side of me, leaning against the lockers.

“Did you wear that for me?” he whispered.

I wasn’t sure if I was being molested. I gave a startled cry and spun around to find him inches from my face. An amused look came over him as our foreheads touched. I felt myself flush because he was so close to me. I wasn’t about to be intimidated by some backwater beau hunk.

“What if I said yes?”

“I would say I’m jealous because you’re not wearing my shirt.”

“Oh, my,” I said, and bit my lower lip.

I’d always been the one in control. They say that a relationship is never equal. I was always the one in charge. There was just something about him that told me I would never be on top with him. David made me feel a little weak in the knees when he looked at me with those smoldering eyes.

I decided right then and there that I needed to find someone else. I checked out the crop of guys and the only one that came close to what I was looking for was Mike Herndon. What a jerk he turned out to be. The sad part was the whole time we’d been on our date, I’d been wishing it was David I was with.

With that in mind, I decided I was going to date David. The only problem was he didn’t want anything to do with me, even after he broke up with Mona. I knew if I was ever going to get his attention, I had to find a way to set myself apart. I did some research on David and found out he was adventurous. Halle showed me a video of him almost killing himself on a jet water board. That looked like fun. I knew David might be up for a little adventure, so I invited him to go skydiving. I imagined it would be a test to see if he really was daring or if the video had been staged. It turned out that he was more fun than even I’d hoped.


I settled into my new surroundings and was happy to find that I liked my new school and the people in it. One of the people I’d gotten to know was Cassidy Hope. When I first met her I thought she was this shy naïve little girl. I soon learned that she’d grown up around Marines and was no shrinking violet. I realized I’d found a kindred spirit. She and I hit it off, and slowly we became best friends.

We both had similar tastes in men, specifically David. I was amazed at her attitude about him. She was content to be just his friend for now. Apparently, her dad had forbidden her dating him. If it were me, that would make me want to date him even more. My dad would never tell me who I could or couldn’t date.

Through Cassidy, I learned something unexpected about David. She was willing to be just friends with him because she never questioned how he felt about her. She had no doubt that he cared very much. She also thought it was amusing to watch him juggle all the girls he dated. She reasoned that at some point he would figure it out and they would be together. I had to admit I would never have the faith she had.


In the spring, I found out that David and I shared something else: we both had political ties. His grandfather had been a political force in the state. My family had always been politically active. One of the things my mom found attractive about my dad was that he wanted to teach political science. Growing up, my dad and I had many spirited political discussions.

I’d never told any of my classmates about my ambition to someday get into politics. It was eye-opening to find someone else who had the same aspirations. In David’s case, his grandmother was behind it. She had big plans for him. David talked my dad into helping him with a ‘get out the vote’ campaign, and somehow, I got pulled into it. It gave me an opportunity to see how a campaign worked.

What I found interesting was that David wasn’t a staunch liberal. He’d helped the governor and senator, both Democrats, with their campaigns. David wasn’t a conservative, either. I actually was more conservative than he was. My dad was very liberal, as you might expect with him being a college professor. During our discussions, I argued the conservative point of view.

I talked to my dad about David, and he told me that David was one of a new breed of people not tied to the beliefs of one party or the other. They were people who were sick of the ‘either/or’ mentality. So much of politics had become emotional, and you were the enemy if you didn’t believe like the party dictated.

David and I talked about it and he said his grandma explained what she felt was coming. She’d said the traditional two-party system was tearing itself apart. There would be a time when both sides alienated enough voters that a third option would become viable. I could see where David might someday be the person to bring people together, instead of the divisiveness that currently ruled the day.

I confess that I thought he’d be good at it, for one reason more than any other. Even though he was perceptive and a good people person, as most politicians were, he was also a natural leader. Much of what happened was either started by David or David provided the driving force to make it happen. Many people were presented with opportunities they would never have dreamed of absent David’s presence in their life. People were better off because they knew him. It was like they wanted to be near him because they felt in their bones that by doing so they were part of something special.

Those qualities you didn’t find in someone very often. And the ‘stupid boy’ didn’t even seem to be aware of it—or if he was, he didn’t let it affect him. He just helped others, made the most of any opportunities presented to him, and had fun.

I think the real reason most of the girls called him ‘Stupid Boy’ was just to keep him real to them.


David and Cassidy had become important to me. I started to see her point of view about him and found that I wasn’t ready for a serious boyfriend. They both were fun to be around, and our trip to the Caribbean just reinforced that.

I looked forward to the summer and our trip to Japan. Cassidy was excited because she’d spent time there and wanted to go back. She planned to share her love for the country. While I didn’t know what the future held, I hoped the three of us would always be friends. I also hoped Cassidy wouldn’t be too disappointed when I finally won David’s heart. David would make a good partner in whatever came our way.


Edited By: XofDallas and Bud Ugly
Proofread By: Zom and TheMikeBomb

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.