Claudette - Cover

Claudette

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

Chapter 14: Homecoming

My plane landed and I retrieved my bag. I went to my car and headed for our home and Claudette. She was there when I arrived and our meeting was fantastic. We had missed each other and making love. We skipped supper! Food wasn’t what we wanted.

We were lying in bed later and talked about my views on the trip. I gave her a lengthy report with my thoughts as I went. I again told her everything about Helen. Claudette said, “You were right then and even more I want to meet her. She sounds like she could be a true friend.”

I nodded. “I’m looking forward to showing you off in Atlanta.”

“We show each other off, my husband.”

We slept happily. A few days later, we went to Sunday school and church meeting her parents for the service and then joining them at their house for lunch. It was delightful as always.

It was late in the afternoon when we headed to our apartment home. “My love, I do enjoy time with your parents. They are good people.” We walked in the door and I took Claudette in my arms as I kicked the door closed. “I like being with you better. I know it’s early but let’s go to bed.” Claudette nodded happily. I did remember to lock the door before joining her in bed. We had a late, light supper and went back to bed.

In the morning, she went to work while I worked out. I ran and used the exercise room in the apartment complex today. After a light lunch, I waited for Claudette to come home from her day of teaching.

She came in the door very tired. I kissed her and walked her to the sofa. I got her some water and rubbed her feet while she relaxed. After a while, she said, “Eric, that may be the most loving thing you’ve ever done for me. Thank you.”

“I appreciate what you do and who you are, my good wife.” She had been wearing a skirt and blouse. She let the skirt ride up while I massaged her feet showing her lovely toned legs. I was enjoying touching her which made her feel good and looking at her which makes me feel good.

“Husband, I guess we need to think about supper.”

“Yes, I guess that’s true.” I was massaging higher and higher.

Claudette squirmed exposing her lower body completely. She murmured. “I’m not hungry for food. You have something else in mind and I agree. Kiss me, my love.” It was much, much later before we thought about food.

It was time for Christmas break for Claudette. We were enjoying married life as much or maybe even more than when we first married. We would spend Christmas with her parents and then drive to my parents’ house staying in Atlanta for a few days before heading back to Colorado Springs. With both of us driving, it was not too difficult a drive. While we arrived in Atlanta tired, we weren’t too tired and celebrated our being together in the hotel room that night. I had messaged Helen and she offered to see us at the hotel for breakfast. We met her then.

We were seated at a table when Helen walked into the restaurant. I stood and shook her hand along with giving her a friendly hug. She sat down and exclaimed, “Wow! You must be Claudette! Your pictures don’t do you justice. Many baseball players have pretty wives or girl friends but you’re in an entirely different class. The Atlanta press will take notice.” She smiled reassuringly. “For the most part, they are nice people. If you need help and Eric isn’t handy, call me. In addition to handling media relations, I have a black belt in kung fu.”

Claudette smiled and became at ease. Helen was like that. The two of them hit it off. I was glad though not surprised. Helen was good people as was Claudette so it wasn’t surprising that they liked each other. Both were beautiful women confident enough in their looks to not feel challenged by another’s beauty.

We enjoyed our breakfast and took a quick tour of SunTrust park. We returned to the hotel for the evening. In the morning, we would go to my parents’ home.

We enjoyed that time and wandered around my town here. In church, we talked with Christine and Julian Hornsby. They, too, were married. Everyone gave heartfelt congratulations to the other. They had both completed their masters; degrees and were working on their doctorates. As our wives talked, I said, “Julian, you look better and happier than I can ever remember. I’m glad for you. I know you are taking care of your girl. It all has worked out well.” We gave each other man hugs. The ladies kissed and hugged the other’s husband. We parted in friendship. I could tell that Christine was happy. I was glad for them. I was glad for me, too, and told Claudette all of that.

She gave me an extra hug and we rejoined my parents. We had a great meal and day. We would head back to Colorado Springs the day after New Year’s Day to arrive in time for Claudette’s classes to restart.

We drove back and Claudette resumed teaching her classes and I continued to work out. I had talked with my old manager and was allowed access to the batting machines in the stadium. I was appreciative. The commercial one was not comparable.

January passed into February and then I received instructions to report for the Braves in Florida. I packed and drove down. Eventually, my car needed to be in Atlanta and we would need a place there. This would begin that process. With Helen’s help, I found a place for the duration of my spring training stay. She suggested that I use a few days off to get a place in Atlanta. After talking to Claudette, I would do that. I was missing her greatly. We had gotten used to being together.

I rented in the complex that we had seen before when Claudette and I toured Atlanta. I talked to her and she said to order furniture for it when next up there. I was cool to that idea knowing that she had better taste than I and was more set in what she wanted. I could wait until my next trip to Atlanta to figure that out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.