The Business Trip - Cover

The Business Trip

Copyright© 2018 by Unca D

Chapter 6

Sex Story: Chapter 6 - A character-driven romance: Darren and Marcia are colleagues travelling together to attend a business conference. Staying at the same hotel their working relationship deepens into friendship and then romance. Each confesses to the other unhappy and loveless marriages. Drawn together they start making love. Afterward they return to their respective spouses. Their workplace roles are disrupted by Marcia's jealous and violent husband, and she turns again to Darren for solace.

Caution: This Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Oral Sex   Safe Sex  

Darren lay, leaning on an elbow and regarding Marcia. She stirred and opened her eyes. “Good morning,” he said.

“Morning ... Been awake long?”

“Not too long,” he replied. “Did you have sweet dreams?”

“Always the sweetest when I’m in your arms. You were watching me sleep, again -- weren’t you?”

“I love watching you sleep.” He rolled onto his back and she snuggled against him. “We have to talk.”

“Yes, we do. Let’s get something out of the way, first.”

“What’s that?”

“Go ahead and say it.”

“Say what?”

“You have earned a big, fat I-told-you-so. Go ahead and cash it.”

“I’m not going to gloat,” he replied. “Having you is victory enough.”

“I realize why I held on for so long ... and, even in light of the assault ... the rape ... why I was reluctant to let go. I couldn’t help thinking that if I had done something differently...”

“Don’t give yourself a guilt trip. It takes two to make a relationship work. It only takes one to wreck it. He’s the one who couldn’t grow with you. What sort of feelings do you get from me?”

“Respect, unconditional love and acceptance, trust...”

“Ask yourself this -- if you had those feelings from Rob, would you have stayed in my room?”

“No. Not a chance. Of course, you’re right. The other thing is ... I hate admitting I made a mistake. This points up to me that Rob was a mistake. All those years ... for nothing.”

“They’re part of what formed you, Marcia. I accept you for who you are. Without them you might be a different Marcia. I’m willing to do my part to make this work.”

“So, what do you see for us?”

“There are four to five months left in this project. I have some other prospects lined up. The truth is, I can do my job from anywhere. I know your career with Walnut Street is important to you, Marcia. I’ll relocate my business here. The only troubling thing is -- I have an office assistant who I’ll have to let go. I’ll feel badly about that. As for a place to live ... Stephanie has agreed to buy out my share of the equity in our house. That’ll be nest egg we can use.”

“You can move in with me,” she said. “I told you, I own the place.”

He chuckled. “I was speaking with Dickson -- our attorney back in Pittsburgh. Pennsylvania divorce laws are quirky. He told me that, since Stephanie and I are filing jointly, we can have it wrapped up in ninety days. If either of us had filed singly, we would need to have been legally separated for two years. So, if I had wanted to make it miserable for Steph -- I sure could have.”

“But, you didn’t ... because you’re a decent human being,” she replied.

“And, because I want you. I know this is a community property state. Even if Rob spends time behind bars, the divorce would require you to sell your place and divide the proceeds.”

“There’s not much equity to divide,” she replied. “You see, when I started at Walnut Street, we were living in a rental apartment in Lincolnville. One of Kirk’s requirements is that his first- and second-line managers live within fifteen minutes of the office. Part of my hiring package was help buying the condo.”

“What kind of help?”

“He provided a generous signing bonus, and he arranged for a down-payment on the property.”

“Wow,” Darren replied. “Ray has told me about Kirk’s philosophy -- the principle of top talent. Kirk thinks that twenty percent of an organization does eighty percent of the work. If you can identify that twenty percent and get rid of the rest -- you have a lean fighting machine.”

“I’ve heard that,” Marcia replied. “I know it’s a hard firm to land a job in.”

“And, you landed one. Ray also told me about his compensation policy. He pays well but expects a lot from his staff. If someone leaves, he wants to make sure it’s not because of the money.”

“I’m making almost twice what I was before,” she replied. “That was another thing that bothered Rob, that I was making more than he was. The problem is, after a while it begins to feel normal.”

“But a down-payment on a house? What was that? Forty or fifty large? ... I can’t imagine that as a perk.”

“It’s in the form of an interest-only promissory note that’s due in full when I leave the firm. I am saving up to pay it off early, though.”

“So, standing in line behind the mortgage and that note, the only equity would be the principal paid down in the first year,” he remarked, “which isn’t much.”

“That, and any market appreciation, which also isn’t much. I can buy Rob’s interest out-of-pocket. On top of that the mortgage and deed are both in my name -- Rob’s credit rating wasn’t good enough for him to be on the loan with me.”

“Somehow I find that unsurprising,” he said. “I like your place. You won’t have too many bad memories there, will you?”

“Not if we redecorate it.” She cuddled tighter against him.

“When we talked in Saint Louis you were dodging the big question,” he said.

“What one is that?”

“Children.”

She lifted up on an elbow. “Do you seriously want another child?”

“The bigger question is -- do you? You said Rob didn’t want kids. You never said if you do or not.”

“I can hear my biological clock ticking, Darren. I’ll be too old pretty soon.”

“You have a few years, yet.”

“I’m thinking about you, too. Let’s say my cutoff age is thirty-nine...”

“Women have healthy children into their forties,” he replied.

“Let’s stick with thirty-nine. By then, you’ll be fifty and by the time he’s out of high school -- you’re at retirement age.”

“Haven’t you heard? Sixty is the new fifty. Besides, I always wanted a little girl. I think having a daughter would keep me young.”

“Little girls aren’t trouble-free. I know, because I was one.”

“Well,” he replied. “We don’t have to come to an agreement now...”

“That’s a relief.”

“ ... but I don’t want to close the door on the topic unless you do.”

She caressed his face. “You really are sweet.” Marcia kissed his lips and snuggled against him again. “I’m believing this will work, Darren.”

“If we both want it to -- it will.” He nuzzled the top of her head. “And, I want it to.”

“So do I.” She pressed her hips against his. “So do I.”


Darren rode the elevator to the twelfth floor and into the Walnut Street office. “Hi, Cory,” he said.

“Good morning, Darren. She’s back there waiting for you.” Cory gave him a wink that told him interpersonal secrets did not survive in this office.

He headed for Marcia’s cubicle and found her regarding her computer screen. “Hi,” he said. “I was sorry to see you move out of my mini-apartment.”

“I’m more comfortable in my own home,” she replied. “Nothing personal.”

“Understood.”

“I had a call from Jim Young...”

“That’s Kirk’s attorney?”

“Correct. Rob’s lawyer has proposed a plea deal -- he’ll agree to an Alford plea on felony battery with a sentence of five years, four suspended and the one to be served on work-release. Rob also is constrained by the restraining order, which also runs for five years. He’ll be prohibited from owning firearms. We’ll proceed with the divorce and he won’t ask for spousal support from me. However, they want to drop the spousal rape charge.”

“What do you think of that deal?” Darren asked.

“I think he should spend time in real prison, not work-release. However, he will be monitored electronically and any violation of his sentence or the restraining order will put him behind bars for the full five years. The hospital report, the photos you took and the voicemails he left on my phone convinced his lawyer that he wasn’t getting off Scott-free. What do you think of it?”

“I’m disappointed the spousal rape charge isn’t going forward,” Darren answered.

“I think I’m going to agree with those terms,” she said. “It gets the whole matter behind us. For violating his bail stipulations, Rob is in custody until sentencing and then he goes straight to the county jail for processing. Jim is proceeding with filing the divorce paperwork. Maybe you could give me a hand tomorrow, removing his stuff from the condo.”

“I’d be happy to,” Darren replied. “What are you going to do with it?”

“His folks have agreed to take it. I’ll definitely want backup going over there.”

“Why? Aren’t you on good terms with them?” he asked.

“Not in the least, especially after this incident. They blame me for all his trouble. I know, Darren -- it wasn’t my fault.”

“Any chance we can get together tonight?” he asked.

“I was hoping you’d ask,” she replied slyly. “I took the liberty of packing an overnight bag. We have our team’s weekly Friday at Farley’s tonight. Afterwards we can go to your place. Is that okay?”

“Any time I have with you is more than okay,” he replied.

“I know we discussed you moving into the condo,” she added. “I want to get rid of every trace of Rob first. And, I want his court case settled, first. Otherwise I’m afraid we’ll jinx it.”

“Understood.” Darren set his case on the desk and removed his laptop. “Let’s see if we can get some preliminary reporting requirements together so Kyle can start sizing his piece of this project.”


Darren sat in the passenger seat as Marcia drove the few blocks to his extended-stay hotel. “One of these days I’ll need to fly home, get my car and drive it here,” he said.

“How long a drive is it?”

“About twelve hours. I’m guessing Rob’s stuff won’t all fit in your little car. We can rent a truck. How big of a one do you think we’ll need?”

“Maybe one the size of a delivery van,” she replied. “It’s half the master closet, plus the TV and sound system downstairs. He used the spare bedroom as a man-cave and that closet is full of his doo-dads ... video games, DVDs and so on.”

She parked in the hotel lot and released the latch on her trunk. After retrieving her overnight bag she slammed down the trunk lid and Darren escorted her into his room.

He closed and bolted the door and then held her in a tight embrace. He kissed her lips. “You are so pretty and I love you,” he said.

“I’m glad you think so. I love you, too.”

Darren stroked her cheek with the backs of his fingers. “I should have realized it right away,” he remarked.

“Realized what?”

“That you’re the sort of woman who’s pretty but doesn’t realize it.”

“Is that my problem?” She kissed his lips. “I thought it was my weak chin and overbite. Darren -- I don’t want to get your hopes up. I got my period last night. One thing about having an IUD is that it doesn’t make your periods any better.”

“Does it make them worse?” he asked.

“No -- but mine are bad enough. Actually, as I’ve grown older, the cramping isn’t nearly what it was when I was in college ... but the flow is just as heavy. The good news is, it’s usually over in three days ... I can’t believe I’m talking about this with you.”

“Why not? I need to know about your life if I’m going to be in it. It doesn’t bother me, Marcia.”

“Well ... It bothers me. I suppose part of is how disgusted it made Rob.”

“I’m not like Rob,” he said.

“I’m sure I know that better than anyone,” she replied. “Like I said -- I have a lot of unlearning to do. It’s been a tiring week and I’m going to get ready for bed. Do you need to use the bathroom?”

“Ladies first,” he replied.

Darren used his phone to screen his email while Marcia readied herself in the bathroom. She emerged in her satin robe. “It’s all yours,” she said.

“I just have to whiz,” he replied.

“Guys do have it so easy.”

Darren stepped into the bedroom and stripped out of his clothes. Marcia was lying on her back with the covers across her abdomen. He regarded her full, soft breasts. “That is a sight I’ll never tire of.”

He joined her between the sheets and she cuddled against him. “Just having you hold me is satisfying,” she said. “When I’m in your arms, my cares evaporate. I’ve learned so much from you, Darren. I’ve learned how to do my job better. I’ve learned so much about love. Before I met you I don’t think I knew what true love felt like.”

He nuzzled her hair and inhaled her scent. “I do love feeling you in my arms,” he said as he caressed her back.

Marcia ran her fingers through his chest hair. “I suppose even if I’m out of commission there’s no reason for me not to play with you.” She kissed his chest. “I love feeling your hair on my face.” She splayed her fingers and ran their soft pads across his nipple. “Do you like this?”

“I like it,” he replied. “I think guys like a lot of the same kinds of touch. Our bodies aren’t really so different.”

She continued stroking his nipples. “I mean,” she continued, “when we foreplay and you touch my nipples the sensation goes straight to my clit. I love feeling the arousal build in me -- my whole body relaxes and I feel ... it’s hard to describe ... a mellow desire, if that makes sense. Do you feel something similar?”

“I think a man’s response is more visual and less tactile,” he replied. “Your touch is arousing, but so is looking at your face and body.”

“My face turns you on?”

“It certainly does. There’s an innocence, that little girl in your features that I find irresistible.”

Marcia smiled and kissed his lips. “You are sweet ... and sexy, too.” She knelt straddling his hips and began caressing his arms and shoulders. “You have a nice build,” she remarked as she ran her hands along his sides. Then she resumed teasing his nipples, this time using both hands. He placed his hands on her thighs and caressed her smooth skin.

Marcia leaned over and began tonguing his nipples, switching from side to side. Darren ran his fingers through her coarse brunette hair. She covered his chest with kisses and then kissed his lips.

She knelt by his legs and began caressing them. By now his manhood was fully erect and Marcia wrapped her fingers around it. “I love it when you get big and hard like this.” She squeezed his shaft and forced out a big drop of clear pre-come. She caught it with her thumb and smeared it onto his glans. “I love it when you deliver oral on me,” she said. “The sensations are subtle but so arousing.” She licked the underside of his shaft. “I like it when you dance your tongue over my clit ... like this...” She began flicking the tip of her tongue along the underside of his phallus, moving up and down until she reached the underside of his glans.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.