25 May 2008 - Cover

25 May 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 3

“We’re back from a commercial break in the action, and at the fifteen-minute point, we still have no score,” Mark noted.

“Mark, Belleville clearly has had the edge in play, outshooting the Chiefs seventeen to nine. While Jason Bennett has made routine saves for the Falcons, the score could easily be 5-0 for Belleville if not for the outstanding goaltending by Dustin Tokarski. You can bet the scouts are taking note of his ability to keep the Chiefs in the game despite the lopsided shots on goal for the NHL draft in June,” Jim replied.

The tough-fought battle continued as the last minute of play was announced. The first period has also been a contest between the coaches, matching line for line.


“With the face-off in the Chiefs’ end to the left of Dustin Tokarski, Falcons’ Coach Stanton put on his fourth line of Chris Page, Derek Lambert, and Randy King, with Long and Warren on defence. The Chiefs’ coach, Bill Peters, counters with his fourth line of Seth Compton, Judd Blackwater, and Ryan Letts, with Mike Reddington and Jared Spurgeon defending.”

“Compton wins the draw, moving the puck back to Spurgeon. Spurgeon cradles the puck behind the net as the forwards skate into position. He skates out from behind the net, leading the attack through the slot, then curls back. The Chiefs make a quick player change, with Blackwater and Letts replaced by Bowman and Wahl. They reform their attack, then Compton is replaced by Bruton.”

“Coach Peters has changed his fourth line for his top one and forged into the Falcons’ zone. Spurgeon gains the center line, then passes to Bowman. Bowman crosses the blue line, dropping the puck for Reddington. Randy King attempts to check Reddington but can’t halt his forward motion.”

“Reddington passes to Wahl, who forwards the puck to a partially open Compton. Compton takes a body check against the boards from Page but manages to pass to Bowman. Bowman side steps Long, and let’s go a quick wrister at Bennett.”

“He sores!”

“Bowman picked the top right corner over Bennett’s shoulder to give the Spokane Chiefs a 1-0 lead very late in the first period!”

“Mark, as we look at the replay, this seems to be a designed play by Coach Peters. He innocently put out his fourth line first, and Coach Stanton countered with his fourth one too.”

Then, when the Chiefs had solid puck possession, Peters did a quick line change. The Falcons’ line was outmatched by the Chiefs’ top line of Bowman, Wahl, and Compton.”

“Giving up a goal in the last minute of play to give Spokane the lead after dominating the period so much won’t sit well with Coach Stanton.”

“Jim, Coach Stanton, and the Falcons will have the first intermission to access their first period and form a new angle of attack to try and even the score. Ken, over to you for the features planned for the first intermission.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.