After the Energists: Championships, Concerts & Completion - Cover

After the Energists: Championships, Concerts & Completion

Copyright© 2018 by AL-Canadian

Chapter 27: Sharp Dressed Man

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 27: Sharp Dressed Man - After his NIS week, Mike and his friends are set for their sports' championships, and the NIS band challenge and concert. Life altering events are needed for the hopeful reunion with Mike's prior love, Kaleigh. Will the two timelines be completed? Read on. Once again, please vote and drop me a comment or two.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Reluctant   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   True Story   Celebrity   School   Sports   Tear Jerker   DoOver   Time Travel   Sister   DomSub   Light Bond   Group Sex   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Safe Sex   Sex Toys   Squirting   Nudism  

Labatt’s Guest House, London, Ontario

9:03pm, Tuesday, December 4, 1979

With a wink at my blonde Amazonian girlfriend in the recliner, I tore into the opening guitar riff to my striptease song... Sharp Dressed Man. As I was rockin’ out this killer opening, I turned to Cano and Sammy and said, “You two can take a break on this if you like, ‘coz it really is a Lisa, Eda and Mike power trio song.”

It wasn’t long before Lisa and E were adding their first tentative backing sounds to my wicked guitar riff. Before I got to the first verse, Katie had pulled Sammy and Lynette to the side and was whispering something to them. I chuckled to myself as this could only mean trouble for me as I played this song at our concert. All three of them had sparks coming from their eyes when they turned to me as I sang:

“Clean shirt, new shoes,

I don’t know where I’m goin’ to.

Silk suit, black tie,

I don’t need a reason why-y-y!

They come a runnin’ just as fast as they can,

‘Cause every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man!”

(Note: Sharp Dressed Man was written by Billy Gibbons, Frank Beard and Dusty Hill of ZZTop, and is from their 1983 album, Eliminator. While it wasn’t their biggest hit, reaching number 56 on the Billboards charts, it was part of an amazing trilogy of video songs with Gimme All Your Lovin’ and Legs.)

“Oh! My! Salds Dievs!” Zupena cried after I motioned to Eda and Lisa to stop their playing.

“Cuda! Please tell me you’re calling that song, Sharp Dressed Man!” Wayne exclaimed as he sat on the edge of the sofa with Anthony, Tina and Tempe.

“We know what you’ll be wearing at the start of this concert off, Mike!” Katie said as she held Sammy and Lynette tight to her sides as the trio of ladies stared at me with those still sparkling eyes.

“And we also know how that silk suit and black tie is gonna be coming off of you,” Lynette huskily said as she high-5’ed Sammy in front of Ms. Katie.

“Don’t I get a...” I started to say before all three of them yelled,

No!“ Sammy then quickly added, “Your outfit and stripping methods are our domain, Cuda!”

I immediately looked at Mr. Labatt and saw him give me a raised hands, shoulder shrug with a negative head shake motion to signify he knew better than to get involved in this lost fight.

“Oh! Shit!” I playfully said and turned to rip into that opening guitar riff once more.

Before I got too far into it, Lisa asked, “Do you like what E and me were doing?”

“Oh! Yeah! If you wanna spice your bass line up a bit more, I’ll be good with it, Bricky.”

“Cuda! Stop! Stop!” Cano shouted and waved as her voice wasn’t amplified by a microphone.

“Yeeessss,” I drew out my response as the three of us quit playing the opening.

“In-ah, instead of you singing that last line in that first verse, I think we, us girls oughta sing something like, “‘Cause all us girls are crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man! What do you think of that?”

I simply gave her a small nod of approval. She immediately went over to her keyboards and pulled off her wireless mic. Seeing that, Sammy did likewise with her microphone and moved over near Brick and me.

On this run through of the music opening and the first verse, Eda set the tone by starting Sharp Dressed Man with a killer drum roar and cymbal crash to lead Lisa and me into the introduction. The four Bandettes created a wonderful harmony on Cano’s modified last line. With a short guitar riff before the second verse, I sang:

“Gold watch, diamond ring,

I ain’t missing not a single thing.

Cufflinks, stick pin,

When I step out, I’m gonna do you in-in.

They come a runnin’ just as fast as they can,

‘Cause all us girls are crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man!” (All four Bandettes sang this modified line.)

Our friends and Mr. and Mrs. Labatt were grooving and nodding their heads as I then lead Lisa and Eda on a wicked instrumental session. Both Sammy and Cano were all over me as I played, pretending that they were taking my jacket and tie off as I played. After that hard-driven, forty second interlude where they pretended to have my ‘upper body’ stripped, I sang the third verse:

“Top coat, top hat,

I don’t worry ‘cause my wallet’s fat-at.

Black shades, white gloves,

Lookin’ sharp, looking for love.

They come a runnin’ just as fast as they can,

‘Cause all us girls are crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man!” (Bandettes harmonized this line.)

Just as I tore into the rockin’ last guitar solo, Sammy and Cano both sunk to their knees and pretended to rip off my pants. About fifteen seconds into this riff, they then used their ‘pretend teeth’ to tear off my boxers. Sammy killed me when she stood up and acted like she was swinging my unneeded boxers in her hands and whooped it up like a crazed chick at a male-stripper show. Her step-mom was nearly as bad as the younger Labatt. Ms. Katie was standing up alongside Zupena, Tempe and Tina, going bat-shit crazy as I led Lisa and Eda in this minute long bat-shit crazy solo.

As Cano thought I was bringing the song to an end, she called out, “Sing that first verse, again, Cuda!”

I looked at her with a funny expression on my face, and she just nodded and mouthed, ‘Sing it.’

I turned to Eda and Lisa, and they just nodded that they were onboard with heading back into the main song. After I repeated the opening few lines, Cano did a slow it down motion to us and then she finished the song off with an emphasized, “‘Cause ... all us girls ... are crazy... ‘bout a sharp ... dressed ... man!” After each pause in her vocals, Cano did a ‘cut’ signal and then a ‘go’ sign.

Lisa, Eda and I easily picked up on Cano’s intention and adjusted our playing to her modified lyrics and signals. The three of us then finished this off with a fifteen second burst of energy with both Masciotro sisters going to town on their relatively new musical toys.

“Now, that was a song, Mike!” Mr. Labatt said as he gave me and the girls a couple of fist pumps.

“Oh! I can see explosions going off on that last line!” Ms. Katie said as she used her hands and arms to emphasize her point as she added, “Sharp! Boom! ... Dressed! Boom! ... Man! Boom! – Boom! - Boom!

“Oh! Katie! That’s gonna be awesome!” Sammy said as she moved to give her step-mom a hug, along with Tina and Tempe.

“I patiešām patīk šī dziesma, Mikhail!” Zupena said as she stepped up to me to show me just how much she really liked this song. Lisa joined in with Zupena in giving me a bunch of kisses on my face.

“That was a killer song, Mike,” Lisa said after the two beauties stepped back from me.

“You and your sister did an awesome job picking up on the flavor of that song, Bricky,” I said with a huge grin on my face.

“E will back me up on this, but we uh, we both heard something like this song and the rhythms in our heads on the way back from that basketball tournament...” Lisa rambled with a her hands going as fast as her mouth.

“ ... Or on my ride back from Toronto with the Labatts,” Eda excitedly interjected.

“Yeah, E simply vocalized her drums and I did the same with my bass sounds after we had our Sunday lunch,” Lisa added to her sister’s claim.

E walked up to us after Lisa’s statement and simply said, “It was scary weird that we did that on Sunday afternoon.”

“We didn’t know or I didn’t hear any of the lyrics but I definitely heard your guitar sound in my head when we vocalized our instruments,” Lisa added.

“You guys ... you’re just too synched up for your own good,” Wayne said after he wrapped E up in his arms.

“These two are scary good, Dude,” I laughed as I gave both girls a kiss on their foreheads.

“You’ll get no arguement on that from me,” Wayne said as he leaned down to kiss Eda’s right ear.

Stopppp! I don’t want a Wet-Willy!” E screeched as she struggled to get out of Wayne’s strong arms.

“Well, kiddos. It’s getting a little late and it’s a school night. So...” Mr. Labatt said with his wife tucked under his arm.

Ah, Daddy! This was just gettin’ fun,” Sammy playfully whined into her wireless mic.

“Samantha!” her dad sternly but with a huge smile on his face admonished his daughter.

“I need to get these four girls home,” Anthony said as he squeezed Tina to his side.

Outside the now locked up guest house, I gave Lynette, Lisa and Tempe some goodnight sugar as they got into their vehicles. Zupena was right behind me to follow suit with her girlfriends.

“Don’t distract him on the way to your house, Zupena,” Tempe chuckled as we walked over to my car.

“No, I distract him in drive way, ‘kay?” Zupena laughed.

“He has an eleven-o’clock week-night curfew,” Lynette called out from her open Chevy Nova car.

“That leaves a good bit of time for distraction!” Tempe laughed, which set Lisa, Eda, Wayne to laughing in Anthony’s extended cab S-10.

“Let’s go, Zupena ... so we’ll have that time for some serious distractions,” I said, which drew some serious, ‘Ohhhhs!’ from my friends.

“You make them jealous, Mikhail,” Zupena laughed as she let go of my hand when I opened the passenger door for her.

Zupena and I did have some wonderful distractions in her drive way, although we limited them to kissing and some nice over her sweatshirt caressing of her braless small boobs. Neither of us minded when her mom flicked on the garage light to let us know she wanted her giantess baby to come in the house.

On my short drive home from Ilderton to Bryanston, I thought, ‘Call Paul and Cathy,’ and my computer immediately materialized over my passenger seat.

When the call was answered, “I simply said, “Happy Birthday!” to which ever one of the twins answered the phone.

“Thanks, Cuda!” Cathy squealed over the computer’s speakers. “I was just about to head off to bed when the phone rang. Hang for a sec, Paul’s right here.”

“Hey, Cuda!”

“Happy birthday, Paul! ... and you, too, again, Cathy,” I said knowing they had the phone between their heads.

“Thanks, my man. I’m guessing you’re on your way home from a late evening practice?” he asked.

“Yeah, we just went over the song I’m gonna do my strip to ... Cano and Sammy have it all planned out how they’re gonna rip my clothes off me as I play it,” I laughed.

“I ... we can’t wait to see that,” Paul and then both twins said over the speakers.

“So, how does it feel to be seventeen?” I asked.

“Same as sixteen, plus a day,” Paul laughed.

“At least he got him some sweet lovin’ on his birthday, while I got bum-kiss,” Cathy whined.

“Now that you’re gonna be on naked on TV, Girlfriend, I thought you’d have all kinds of options for boyfriends,” I replied.

“They’re not the options I want. Paul will tell you, most of those yahoos ain’t worth the time of day,” Cathy complained.

“The quality level for guys is pretty low. Remember, we’re in Bum-Fuck-Egypt-North, and our school only has like three-hundred-and-seventy kids, unlike Medway’s almost eight-hundred,” Paul added to his sister’s lamentation.

“Plus, you’ve got London at your fingertips and we’ve got ... Timmins and frozen, freckin’ tundra,” Cathy laughed.

“Well, I just know you’ll find a good guy, soon,” I said as I slowed to a stop at the traffic light at Ilderton Road and Hwy. 4.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! We just heard some group called, Mike and the Time Bandettes playing a three song live set on the local FM station. Know anything about that Mike ... of the Time Bandettes?” Paul excitedly said.

“Oh! Shit! Last Friday a Global TV guy came to our Strathroy show, and videoed and obviously audio recorded our opening three songs. To our great surprise, he met with Sammy’s parents, and Mr. Labatt approved the release of them to various FM stations over the province,” I said as I punched my Barracuda from the traffic light.

“I thought that was where those songs were from,” Cathy laughed.

I then spent the time it took to get to Bryanston explaining to my northern friends about how we found out about the recordings, and that we got quite a tidy sum of dough for those three songs. We wrapped up our conversation with my repeated happy birthday wishes and a promise to stay in better touch as we prepped for our shared concert in January.


Montcalm Secondary School, London, Ontario

5:18pm, Wednesday, December 5, 1979

Wayne and I looked up at the scoreboard in Montcalm’s secondary gym, where their girls’ volleyball team was playing the Banting Broncos. I quickly deduced that the Cougars were ahead 5-2 in this game, and it looked like they were up 1-0 in this best of three match. We quickly spotted Eda and Lisa out on the court. Lisa was in the front row about ready to switch to the right side position with their taller, middle hitter set to move to the inside spot. Eda was standing behind the end-line with the royal and white volleyball in her hands, waiting for the referee’s signal to serve.

A piercing whistle sounded from the stands, and I oriented to it. Dr. Candi was up on her feet, doing that double finger call. She waved to us as she stood in front of Momma and Nonna Masciotro, as well as Mikey, Anthony, Tina, Tempe, Sammy and Gary.

As we walked towards our gang of cheering friends and family, Eda hit a slow, dancing floater serve, which was shanked over the Broncos’ bench by the receiver for the Cougars’ sixth point of this game. Lisa led the charge of teammates congratulating her older sister on that awesome serve. When she saw Wayne and me, she whispered something to Eda, and both girls gave us a very subtle wave before focusing back on their game.

We both stood and watched as E got the volleyball and prepared to serve again. As she bent over to dribble the ball a few times, ‘Damn!‘ I was all I could think of at that moment. Athletic girls in tight spandex volleyball shorts just rocked. With a slight elbow from Wayne, I whispered, “Damn nation,” to my friend.

Wayne looked at me and then whispered, “Hot damn, is more like it.”

The Banting player did a nice job of passing Eda’s next floater serve. Their setter then sent a long, high pass to their left, outside hitter. Lisa and Montcalm’s middle blocker moved to form a double-block against this ‘strong-side’ attack. Both Cougars timed their jump perfectly, and Lisa angled her hands inward showing she’s been properly instructed. The spiked ball slammed into Lisa and the middle blocker’s hands, and ricocheted back into the Bronco’s court.

Both girls immediately turned to each other with their arms up high, screamed and shared a double high-5.

“Way to go, Bricky-Baby!” Dr. Candi screamed over the loud crowd noise.

“Great block, Lis!” I shouted and then turned to walk up the bleachers to our crew of cheering family and friends. Wayne and I sat in the row behind Momma, Nonna, Mikey and Dr. Candi, alongside the Sullivan sisters, Anthony, Sammy and Gary.

With the Broncos’ coach calling a time-out to hopefully settle his girls down, I leaned over and asked how the girls did in their first match of the day. “They-a won two-a games to one against Lucas,” Momma Masciotro proudly said.

“E was a serving and setting machine in that game!” Anthony added with pride in his voice.

“Lisa had like nine or ten blocks and a good many kills, too!” Tina replied as she gripped her boyfriend’s arm.

“Yes, they won 15-13, 12-15 and 15-12,” Dr. Candi said as she twisted in her seat to lightly swat my and Wayne’s thighs.

“A doctor’s not supposed to injure people, is she, Cuda?” Wayne laughed as he pretended his leg was killing him from that playful swat.

“Not really ... but her medicine has a healing effect,” I said and winked at our good doctor. Her eyes got real wide at my words and she gave me a very subtle negative head shake.

“How was your basketball practice?” Tempe asked me and Wayne.

“We had one of Coach’s ‘Don’t get a swelled head‘ type practices,” I replied and let out a long sigh.

“He ran you to death, did he?” Tempe laughed, knowing darn well what that saying meant.

“Oh, gawd! I almost puked after that last suicide,” Wayne said with a head shake.

“When’s your next game, guys?” Tina asked as the Montcalm girls broke their huddle.

“Friday at home ... against Beal,” I replied with a smile.

“Aren’t they like the top team in Southern Ontario?” Dr. Candi asked with a smile. She knew the answer to that question because she’d been dating Beal’s coach for a couple of weeks now.

“Yes ... as if you didn’t know it already,” I laughed.

“You’ll have to forgive me if I remain neutral when I come watch you guys play the Raiders,” she chuckled.

“Why?” Anthony asked as Eda picked up the ball to serve.

“Tell you at the next break, ‘kay?” Dr. Candi said as she turned and started to yell louder than anyone for the Cougars.

E’s floater serve darted at the end and landed just wide of the sideline for a Banting side-out. With their four person service receive formation, Eda and Lisa were positioned to move into their weak side hitter’s, and setter’s position to the right front of the volleyball court. Their backrow-left teammate popped up the Broncos’ serve, and Eda scampered under it and sent a high set to her strong-side hitter.

That girl slammed her spike into the Broncos’ two-person block. Fortunately for Montcalm, Lisa positioned herself near the net and popped that block ball up in the air for her sister-setter. Lisa quickly scurried back a few steps, and when E gave her a short back set, Lisa slammed the volleyball over the net without a blocker in defense. Her spiked ball deflected off a Banting backrow player and angled to gym’s far wall for a Cougar side-out.

The Cougars didn’t have much trouble defeating the Broncos 2-0 in this match. They won this second game, 15-7, with Lisa hitting a few nice slide spikes and one superb ‘X’ spike, where she went behind the middle-hitter’s fake spike to hammer home the Cougars’ fourteenth point. As they said she was against Lucas, Eda was a setting machine. I think she only had two bad sets in the game action Wayne and I were there to see.

Anthony, Tina, Tempe and Sammy continued to rag on Dr. Candi after they heard she was dating Beal’s basketball coach, and wouldn’t be cheering for Medway when we played them on Friday. I finally had to come to her defense and said, “As long as she’s not super-rooting against us, I’m fine with her being semi-neutral when she’s going out with the enemy’s coach.”

“Thank you, Mike,” Dr. Candi said as she gave me a little punch to my shoulder.

“I’m so-so glad you came to watch us play, Dr. Candi!” Lisa exclaimed as she bounded over to her before she came to either me or Tempe. I just winked at Tempe when she raised an eyebrow at Lisa’s action.

“You and Eda were awesome out there, Lisa. You’re a great setter, Eda!” Dr. Candi said as Wayne was hugging his girlfriend.

“Thanks, Dr. Candi,” E replied with a smile.

“I’m glad you guys came to my game,” Lisa then said to us. She then moved to give me a kiss and Tempe a hug. With a good many of her teammates and classmates around, Lisa wasn’t sure if they were as ready to see two girls kissing, which was more prevalent at Medway since we had the NIS program. While Tempe was slightly disappointed in not getting some sugar from Lisa, she also understood why Lisa was somewhat hesitant to kiss her best girlfriend.

Eda then said, “One of our captains is having a team party on Friday. So, after your basketball game, do you guys wanna come to it with us?”

Wayne looked at me and I nodded that I thought it would be fun, so he said, “Oh, yeah! We’d love to come to one of your team’s parties.”

“I’m sure a few of your other Medway crew will be welcome,” Lisa said with a smile.

“I’ll double check, and if Steffie and Geena aren’t thrilled with your basketball friends and their girlfriends, then we’d rather hang with you guys,” Eda quickly added to her sister’s words.

“Nah, you don’t need to get off on the wrong foot with your teammates. If it’s just us and the Bandettes, we’ll be fine,” I replied as Tempe and I gave Brick a hug.

“We’re gonna have a get together after the girls’ gymnastics meet, aren’t we?” Sammy asked as she winked at Tempe.

“Don’t see why not,” I replied.

“Are you guys going to Sammy’s to rehearse?” Anthony asked.

Eda and Lisa looked at me for guidance on this. I then said, “We probably should, seeing how Friday and Saturday aren’t looking promising for practice.”

“Well, we can play after Tempe’s meet on Saturday,” Sammy said to which E and Lisa quickly nodded in agreement.

“Oh! Oh! Oh!” Sammy excitedly cried as she grabbed Tempe’s arm. She then said, “I wonder if we talk with Mr. W or Matherson first thing tomorrow, if like, we could do a little show at Medway after the gymnastics meet. Word of mouth will spread like wild fire and that should also get a large crowd to come watch your meet.”

“That would be killer!” Tempe exclaimed as she bounced on her feet at Sammy’s idea.

“Heck, I’ll call TR on the way over to your place and ask him,” I said to Sammy as Lisa and Eda joined Tempe in a girl-group-hug.

“What time will your meet be over, Tempe?” Sammy asked the hugely happy blonde.

“Uh, it starts at two, so ... with six team for rotations and the awards ceremony, I’d think it should be done by four, four-thirty at the latest,” Tempe replied with a crinkled up face.

“So, if you ask Mr. W about us playing from five-ish to say eight, how does that sound?” Sammy added after she looked at Eda, Lisa and me.

“I think that’s good. That should still give the Toronto and Windsor schools time to get home at a semi-decent hour, as they have the longest travel times,” Tempe added with Lisa hugging her arm.

“Okay, we’re gonna run, shower and change, and we’ll be out as fast as possible,” Eda said as she grabbed Lisa and tugged her away from Tempe and me.

On the way over to Sammy’s with Lisa and Tempe in my Barracuda, Mr. Williamson said he would be okay with us doing an after the meet show, as long as Mr. Matherson and Coach St. Georges were on board with it. If it was approved, he said he would call the other five schools to inform them of the ‘After the Meet‘ entertainment, and invite them to hang around for our band’s performance.

We had about twenty-five minutes before Cano got to the guest house from her volleyball practice. During that time, Lisa and Eda shared a story of one of their friends at Montcalm who thought she was in love with a guy, who simply tricked her into sleeping with him. Once the dirty deed was done, he dropped her like a hot potato. This girl felt lower than a snake’s belly and her once sunny disposition was shattered by her awful experience.

“It just seems like she’s lost her halo,” Eda said as we stood around the kitchen island eating some finger foods.

“Sandy’s just ... she just needs some good vibes or to be showered in like...” Lisa softly said as she drummed her fingers on the kitchen island.

“She just needs some Holy Water to restore her,” E added after a pause in the sister’s story.

I looked at Sammy and saw the wheels turning in her head. A moment later she softly sang:

Somewhere there’s a stolen halo.

I used to watch her wear it proud (well).

“No, no. That’s not right,” I immediately said as she stared at me. “A girl with a halo wouldn’t be proud. She’d be humble, I’d think.”

I used to watch her wear it ... well,” Lisa sweetly sang.

“Yes, Sandy did wear it well... ‘till that ass, Jared took it,” Eda quickly added.

Sammy and I looked at the sisters and then we both sang those two lines with that new ending word. Sammy then stammered:

Everything would shine,

Where ever she would go.

But looking at her now, you’d never know (tell).

“I like that, Sammy,” Lisa replied with a smile.

“Something ain’t right with those lines,” Tempe added as she appeared to be repeating the lines in her head.

“You’re right, Tempe. I don’t like that last line’s ending,” Sammy quickly added.

“Wear it well ... you’d never tell,” Eda simply blurted out as her hands moved in rhythmic fashion like she normally did when trying to put the lyrics or music together in her head.

Somewhere there’s a stolen halo.

I used to watch her wear it well.

Everything would shine,

Where ever she would go.

But looking at her now, you’d never tell.”

I sang with my eyes closed as I pictured this unknown beautiful teenager crushed at her unfortunate experience. The second stanza of this future Big and Rich song, Holy Water, flooded my mind, so I simply continued with:

“Someone ran away with her innocence,

A memory she can’t get out of her head.

And I can only image,

What she feelin’ when she’s prayin’.

Kneeling at the end (edge) of her bed.

And she says, ‘Take me away,

Then take me fartherrrrrrr.

Surround me now,

And hold, hold, hold me with (like) Holy Water.

Holy Water.”

(Note: Holy Water was written by Big and Rich’s Big Kenny Alphin, and John Rich, plus Vicky McGehee and Jeff Cohen. It was from their 2004 album, Horse of a Different Color. Big and Rich wrote this song to honor their sisters, both of whom were victims of domestic abuse. This song reached number 15 on Billboards’ Hot Country Songs, and number 75 on their Hot 100 charts. The lyrics in (parenthesis) are the real lyrics with my modified ones preceding these originals.)

“That’s beautiful Mike,” Lisa softly said as she wiped a tear from her cheek. Tempe, with tears in her eyes, too, hugged her best friend.

After a few moments to digest those lyrics, Eda and Sammy both said almost simultaneously, “I pray at the ‘edge‘ of my bed, not at the end!”

Lisa immediately added, “You can’t hold me ‘with‘ Holy Water, Mike. It has to be ... something else like ... like, ah...”

Hold me ‘like’ Holy Water,” I added after replaying that line in my head after Lisa’s hesitation.

“So, if you change it to ‘edge of her bed‘ and ‘hold me like Holy Water‘ ... will that work?” Tempe softly asked as the ‘non-musician’ in our group helped clarify the lyrics to this song.

“Let me get our notebook, and write this down,” Eda said as she turned and grabbed our song notebook from the top of the fridge.

As Eda was writing those lyrics down, Sammy asked, “Acoustic, electric ... both?” in my direction.

“I think we need a mix of sounds on this song. My electric will just add the spice to your main acoustic entree,” I replied as I pictured the sound in my head. “You take the lead acoustic, and I’ll just add Silverburst to complete the sound with Cano’s keyboards.”

“What about my keyboards?” Lynette laughed as she stepped in from the cold.

“Oh! You’re gonna love this song, Lynette!” Tempe called as she turned to greet the final Time Bandette as Cano tossed her Letterman’s jacket on the coat tree.

“Yeah! We were talking about a girl, who was done majorly wrong by a jack-wad punk at our school. Cuda just put together some wonderful lyrics about it,” Eda related to our late-comer. She added, “We’ve made some subtle changes to them, and now we’re getting started with the music.”

Sammy ran over and pulled out her acoustic guitar and brought it back over to the island as Cano grabbed some chicken fingers and crackers as she read the song’s first verse and chorus. It didn’t take the six of us, counting Tempe, all that long to put together the lyrics for the next two verses. We also modified the chorus in a few places to make it pop.

We decided on a couple of stylistic changes. First, we just had Sammy play her soft acoustic guitar for the first part of the chorus. Next, we cut the ‘like Holy Water,’ ending on the second last chorus to emphasize the ‘Hold, hold, hold me!’ cry of an anguished soul. Our full band exploded through that powerful line to lead us into the final, rocking chorus.

“We need to just repeat the, ‘Like Holy Water!‘ line a few times and then bring this to a soft ending,” Lynette added after we played that previous boisterous ending.

“Yeah, I think our five part harmony will be a beautiful way to end this,” Lisa added.

We played this song a couple more times with Sammy and me harmonizing on the verses, with all five of us singing the chorus. The only time any one of us sang solo was on the first part of the chorus when I sang the, ‘And she said,’ phrase. The girls all thought that that was the best way to lead into the harmonized chorus.

“You know what would really set this song on fire?” Tempe said as we rested on the living room furniture. I just smiled at my petite girlfriend as she added, “You need Kalena’s violin on this song. That would be just so perfect, I think.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.