Misunderstandings & Judgements - Cover

Misunderstandings & Judgements

Copyright© 2018 by NikolettJay

Chapter 7

The next few days passed by the same as they always do. Alexandre left to return to France, much to Elia’s relief. Rita sulked for a couple of days, a short amount of time for her standard. It was cut short by the news that Carlos had invited Jazmin to spend a little time with him in Paris

“He wants me to meet his sister.” Jazmin told Elia that evening.

“He has a sister?”

“Yes, a twin, her name is Christina, had I not mentioned this before?”

“Nope.” Elia replied shaking her head.

“Oh!” Jazmin exclaimed sheepishly. “Sorry, I thought I had.”

“Guess your head is too up in the clouds.” Elia teased.

Jazmin laughed, still looking sheepish.

“Anyway, it’s not going to happen for another two weeks but he’s extended the invitation to you.”

“Me?!”

“Yes”

“Why me?”

“Why not?” Jazmin pointed out with a smile. “He likes you and wants to include you in the invitation.”

“Wow!” Elia began. “Paris.” Jazmin nodded excitedly

“Do you think you’ll be able to make it? “ She asked anxiously. “Two weeks time, I know it’s short notice, but...” She broke off her sentence once again giving her a sheepish look.

“It’ll be great if you could come.” She continued. “Even if it’s just a few days, I’ll be staying a week you can stay for either all or part of that.”

“I’ll give it my best shot.”Elia reassured her.

Sticking to her word Elia took the matter to the bosses at the theatre to plead her case, and to her relief, they were quite accommodating and granted her a long four day weekend. Elia couldn’t wait to tell Jazmin when she got home that evening. Both Cecilia and Jazmin were there to greet her when she got in and she wasted no time in telling them both her news. They both were pleased as she told them however she could immediately sense something in their expressions and reactions wasn’t quite right. There appeared to be a strain in their smiles, something that indicated that something else was on their minds.

“Is there something the matter?” She demanded. “I mean it appears as if something is and I’m wondering what.”

Jazmin and Cecilia exchanged looks

“It’s ok,” Cecilia told Jazmin assuringly. “I will deal with this by myself.” Jazmin nodded and after glancing at Elia left the room.

“What was that all about?!” Elia pressed her friend. Cecilia patted the seat next to her on the sofa.

“Come.” She urged. “I will tell you.” Elia did as she said and waited for her to explain herself.

“I’m leaving.” She began simply.

“Leaving? Elia repeated in surprise. “When and where?” Her words came as a jolt, she didn’t expect their arrangement to last forever of course and she wanted the best for her friend, for her to put herself and Mariah above all else but for this to come up so soon and so suddenly came as a bit of a blow, she loved them both dearly and would miss them even if they only went as far as the next street.

“To France.” Cecilia continued.

“France?!” Elia’s confusion deepened while Cecilia nodded in reply and paused, trying to think of the words to put across. She leant forward and took hold of Elia’s hands.

“I’m going to live in the Provence, with Billy.” She told her softly. Elia stared at her in dismay

“What?!

“He’s giving me everything I wanted, both for myself and Mariah.” She explained.

“With Billy?!” Elia gasped. She felt stunned and lost for words as she tried to fathom what Celilia was telling her.

“He offered me the chance to live and work there with him, and I accepted it.”

“Why?”

“Because I want a better and more secure future. My child deserves at least that.”

“But.” Elia spluttered. “There has to be a better way for you to get it?”

“Is there, really?” Celilia questioned.

“There has to be!” Elia insisted. Cecilia shook her head

“What’s wrong with the one I’ve been given?”

“Everything!” Elia cried. “A second-hand offer from a man who’s more shallow than a paddling pool!” Cecilia paused, she couldn’t help but feel amused by her friend’s analogy. Her mind, however, was set.

“He has a good heart.” She told her. Elia felt aghast, a thousand arguments and reasons ran around her head and yet she was at a loss as to where to begin.

“You don’t have to do this.” she argued weakly.”

“What do you suggest I do instead?” Cecilia asked. Elia sighed, struggling to think of an answer.

“Would you rather I tried to re-connect with John?”

“No of course not!” Elia responded. That was the last thing she would want for them both. Cecilia’s ex-had proved himself totally unworthy of fatherhood.

“Without this my future here in Europe is uncertain.” Cecilia began. “I want to be able to stay here and carve out for myself a good life for myself and something even better for my child. He’s giving me exactly that, don’t you see?”

“But you’re worth something better than this!” Elia argued. “I can’t even believe he’s lame enough to make the same type of offer to two different women in just a couple of days, can he even make you happy?!”

“But this isn’t about me.” Cecilia corrected. “This is about my child, he and I are in agreement on that. He’s so good with her and she seems to have taken to him as well, he’s connected with her more in a few days than John has her whole life. He’s promised to give her every opportunity available. Elie, please try to understand I want her to have the best life and this is the way to do it!”

Elia sighed sadly. She understood that Mariah’s interest was her friend’s first priority, she just wished it could be achieved some other way. She wanted her to be happy, in every way yet this option seemed in her eyes more of a compromise than a choice, one that was barely satisfactory. More than this, however, they’d be in another country, she would miss them dreadfully!

“But surely you can make a good enough future for her here?” Elia reasoned. “ Mariah doesn’t need riches and privilege to have a good life. Sure we have simple lives here but she is surrounded by love.”

“But what will become of her when I’m forced to return home. Her chances of seeing you and Jazmin again would be tiny, and she loves the both of you. All the while we’ll be struggling to get by, she’ll be exposed to not only the pain of a separation but a hardship that will affect her for the rest of her life.” Elia looked on in silence as her friend continued.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.