REDD, WHYTE & BLEU - Cover

REDD, WHYTE & BLEU

 

Chapter 4

We all laughed at that for a while, until ‘Mad-Eye’ himself walked in to say, “Honey, I’m Home!”

While he doesn’t limp or have only part of his nose or a glass eye, my father does sound like the actor.

After giving Gennessee his ‘Home from work’ kiss, he asked “What’s for dinner, I’m starving!”

“Hold your horses,” she said to him. “Redden, introduce your girlfriend to your father, first thing.”

Walking to him, with her on my arm, I said, “Mr. Fields, I would like to introduce to you, the girl I love and hope to marry someday, Miss April Marie Bleu. I believe you know her parents.”

“Damn,” he said, “Your mother and I were hoping you might just open your eyes to the girl next door, eventually. Lovely to see you again April. Maybe you can convince him to get a haircut this decade.”

I quietly gritted my teeth, hoping somebody might say something before I blurt out a totally inappropriate expression.

“April and I have decided we are going to Cal-State University Bakersfield together.”

The look on his face was something of a smirk.

“Everyone, sit down, dinner will be on the table in a matter of moments,” the lovely Narcissa said.

Ginny helped to get the food to the table, a big pot roast, along with mashed potatoes, chopped carrots, and a nice big bowl of salad.

We had a very comfortable meal being much more social than we usually had.

Dad brought up college, which I knew would happen, and asked point blank what I planned to study while there. Gripping April by the hand, I asked for his patience in this matter. I suggested the possibility of a non-contact sport.

That made everyone break out into raucous laughter. We started to eat for a while, then I brought up the possibility of swimming or my fathers’ favorite sport, golf.

Mary brought up having timed me with surprising results.

Apparently, my honesty took my dad by surprise.

“Redd,” he said, “I was prepared to not give you the money to even go to college, but you have surprised me this evening, in a number of ways. First, you decide to outwardly express care for this young lady and have reckoned with your choices that you had. I suggest that you cut your BMI in half, if you are going to become a swimmer. Get a dietician to help you make what changes you need. I will support you for as long as you need it.”

Not having expected that response, I dropped a tear and said to him, “You know I will do my very best, regardless of the sport. I know you wanted me to end up in the Pac 12 as a Cornerback.”

“Mr. Fields,” April said. “I have had a crush on your son for as long as I can remember. He didn’t realize my feelings for him until very recently and we have expressed our love for each other.”

“See dear,” he said to Mom, “I told you, didn’t I tell you, a dozen times or more, how perfect it would be if these two ever came to their senses.”

Turning back to me, he asked, “I’ve heard you guys are into Harry Potter, I suppose I am Voldemort?”

“Actually, Daddy,” Mary said, “Mom is Narcissa Malfoy, so you should be Lucious, don’t you think?”

“Even though it was a wig, I would love to have the white hair they put on the actor,” he said with a wicked smile.

Mom led the laughter, then things quieted down, we all started to eat.

Between bites, Dad said, “Didn’t Harry end up with Ginny?”

That made my sister giggle.

“Have you been over to officially meet Hermione’s parents yet, son?”

“That is planned for tomorrow night, but I was hoping that maybe in about a week both families could have a meal together, possibly at the Hungry Hunter Restaurant.”

“That is a wonderful idea. A nice comfortable place. I would expect my son might possibly get a haircut before that happens. I’m not saying a buzz cut, just a different look than Deeks from NCIS: LA.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.