Hardware & Harmony - Cover

Hardware & Harmony

Copyright© 2018 by Coaster2

Chapter 11: A New Love Life

That first date worked into another, then another. It was becoming obvious that there was mutual attraction going for us. She wasn’t just beautiful, she was wise, and well educated, and fun. I learned that her position in the dental clinic was a professional one with a certificate of accreditation. It implied that her income might be more than I first suspected.

“Did you ever decide on the keyboard and amplifier?” I asked one day when we were out for a drive on a sunny Sunday afternoon.”

That provoked a laugh. “Still the salesman, huh!” she grinned. “Yes ... but I’ve been a little unfair to you. I can afford to buy the items you suggested. I’m cautious about letting people think I’m financially comfortable. I have a future education fund for Randy to feed, as well as making sure Mrs. Palmeter is properly paid for everything she does. Luckily, the child support from Randy’s father will continue until he’s eighteen and that will help with both those expenses.

“You’ve been very patient with me, Nick. I can’t help but compare you to Randy’s father ... or sperm donor as I think of him. He was so immature compared to you. Not just because you are older, but the way you were brought up and the care you gave to your grandparents and your brother has been a real eye opener for me. I’ve only ever been with one man ... make that boy ... and so I’m really naïve about relationships. I’m twenty-eight years old, for Pete’s sake. Back when I was a teenager, I was just young, dumb, and horny. Randy caused me to withdraw and rethink my behavior. Now, you’ve come along and I’ve had to rethink everything.”

“And?”

“I’ve never had someone make love to me. I’ve had sex, but never with the right person for the right reasons. You’ve proven you could be that right person,” she said softly.

“I would do everything in my power to prove you are right,” I promised.

“So ... what comes next?” she asked nervously.

“The first element of this must be finding a place of privacy. I still live in my grandparents’ home. Mostly because I can help them around the house, and also because I’m worried if I leave them alone. I wonder how they would handle that. John’s gone, of course, and won’t be back other than to visit. Sooner or later, I’ll be gone. I guess I have to face up to the fact that I’m overprotective of them.

“Anyway, that’s not what’s important. They will be away for a couple of weeks starting next week. They’re on a bus tour of Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. That will give us a couple of weeks of complete privacy ... that is ... if we need them.”

“What do you mean, ‘if we need them?’” she asked.

“I mean ... I’m taking nothing for granted. We have a lot to learn about each other. Not just the history or habits, but how physically compatible we are.”

“Oh ... I didn’t think of that,” she mused. “I find it hard to imagine that it won’t be as good as I’m hoping it will be. You’re much more experienced than I am, so I’m hoping you’ll guide me along the way.”

“I hope I’m up to the task, but I promise you, I’ll do everything I can to make this a good decision on your part.”

She smiled. “I’m sure you will. I think I know you well enough now that you’re not just another pretty face,” she grinned.

“My grandparents are leaving this coming Saturday afternoon. Is that too soon?” I wondered.

“No. This afternoon isn’t too soon,” she said with a stern look.

“Oh ... well ... okay then, let’s plan something for next Saturday ... okay?”

“Are you sure you wouldn’t like to get a head start today?” she said with a sly grin.

There was no mistaking her intention. She’d made up her mind and she didn’t want to delay the decision any longer.

“Do I need protection?”

“Nope. I want the real thing, Nick. No substitutes will be accepted,” again with that knowing smirk.

“Do you want to get anything from your apartment?”

“No! Just find us a place, Nick. I don’t care if it’s the ‘No Tell Motel.’ Just find a place where we can be really alone and we can finally do what we both know we’ve been working our way toward.”

I shook my head. This was a very different Rhonda Carter and it was taking me a few moments to catch up with her.

“The Delta Inn isn’t far from here. It looks pretty respectable. That okay?”

“Yes. Get a move on, Mister. We’re burnin’ daylight,” she said, then laughed.

“Alright, then,” I said, stepping on the accelerator. “I certainly don’t want to make love to you for the first time in the dark. Giddy-up you little ponies.”


“Are you okay,” I asked quietly after our first time making love.

“Oh yeah,” she sighed happily. “I was right about you. You knew exactly what I needed – a love injection. It makes the pain go away immediately. I have a feeling we’re going to wear each other out when your grandparents are away.”

“Are you going to talk to Mrs. Parmeter about us?” I wondered.

“Yes. We don’t keep secrets from each other. She’s been after me to find someone and now that I have, she’ll clear the decks for me. If we want to spend the night together and wake up in each other’s arms, that will be just fine with her.”

“You’ve already had this discussion with her?”

“Not specifically, but she’s told me more than once that it wouldn’t be a problem for her to stay over with Randy. All she’d need is some advance notice.”

“What about Randy. Has he said anything about our dating?” I wondered.

“Not much. He did ask me if you were my boyfriend now,” she grinned. “I told him yes. He was quite pleased to hear that. You’re someone he looks up to.”

“This is amazing,” I said, shaking my head. “Everything is falling into place.”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Nick. If this afternoon is any indication, we are very compatible in bed. But there’s a lot more to a relationship that just sex.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.