Under the Boardwalk - Cover

Under the Boardwalk

Copyright© 2018 by Lapi

Chapter 13

Into every life, a little rain ... but a downpour?


Eileen’s father, more sputtering than ineligible, uttered, “Get her now, What do you think you are doing you ungr...”

Now Marta was usually cool, calm and collected; she had to be in her line of work. Today, after ensuring a new plane was ready on-time, overseeing a few, a few dozen ‘improvements’, a Trans-Atlantic flight and playing ‘Mother Hen’ to a bunch of newbie slaves; she was not in a good mode. No Sir, not good at all.

John, Eileen’s father alone she could have put up with; but when his men went to ‘take’ Eileen away from her, years of living on instinct for survival automatically brought her to ‘action station’. Her, “Stop them!” to no one in particular, caused an immediate stop to John’s men to happen.

One of the small changes she added, on her own mind you, was the inclusion of some security on the ride over. In addition to some Medicos on-board, she had Marcel, Tony and Marin, men she knew and trusted, ready for almost anything including targets for a ‘TOW’ or low fliers that using a ‘Stinger Missile’ against, might deter. John’s men never knew what ‘devastation’ might have happened had they not frozen in their tracks.

Now it was Marta’s turn as John was wide-eyed and looked like he had wet himself! He was used to ‘getting’ his own way.

“Look ‘Ass-wipe’, I am in a bit of a rush, not in the best of moods and really not interested in ‘playing games’; besides, you are not my type.”

After a deep breath, she went on.

“I was briefly filled in about you, ‘Fat, dumb and full of yourself’ sums up what I was told. Now as I see it you and your ‘puff boys’ have two options. I have the guns, the plane and orders to take the ‘Slaves’ home. Wait-a-second, you don’t have any options. You don’t even see those nice young men behind you holding guns who will be taking you and yours to a nice quiet and isolated place where you will be given a better understanding of the lyrics to the song ‘Bad Boys’ and taught ‘never to threaten she who holds the gun’.

A smile, no a leer, came to her face.

“I so much would have enjoyed participating in it but ‘Alas poor John’ my plane awaits and ‘time is money’, you understand that don’t you John?”

As they were ‘taken for a ride’ Peter listened to the commands he was given. Like any good ‘soldier’ his only reply was, “Jawhol!” In 3 hours or so they would be released, frightened silly but with most body parts intact, important ones that is. It was like Xmas after that, ‘not a creature was stirring, not even The Mouse John’.

The Prep, Boarding, Customs, Passports and Take-off went as planned. The joke the 3rd seat Navigator asked in German, “Where are we going again?” was met with Marta’s reply also in German, “Somewhere you will wish you never saw!”. That took the smile off his face and ‘shut down’ any further attempts to ‘get friendly’ with Marta. No doubt she was a very pretty girl, much like the Coral snake gliding through the water. Look, from behind glass walls but do not try to touch was a very ‘safe’ way to go with her too.

They had a long flight ahead of them, a bit over 8,350 nautical miles. The Airbus 350 900ULR chosen could fly 9,700 nautical miles without refueling, with reserves intact, but we know how things can go, right?

As tired as she was Marta still had the energy to show her ‘guests’ the private cabins and luxurious and spacious interior space she had designed. Her mumbled, “I’m keeping this plane!” was reminiscent of Sandy and the 650 comment.

If we prepare for any eventuality, chances are nothing will happen. When the ‘Beast’ landed in HK, Marta reaffirmed her previous statement that ‘She was keeping this plane’. One seldom ‘falls in-love’ with inanimate objects but the Marta had put so much of herself into the ‘Beast’ she would not let it go now even if it meant...

Strange how a wish can come true. Marta was not the only one fascinated with the plane. Elle voiced a similar feeling. It must have been something in the water aboard since neither one could even afford the fuel needed for the flight they just took. Both had to them a simple solution that they both voiced at the same time; “Let’s Lease it!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.