Under the Boardwalk
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2018 by Lapi

I had said that few words were ever necessary between us, her actions and mine were usually the same or had similar results. That similarity also applied to the people we placed our trust in, rather more any lack of trust. With the recent events, concerns with Vegas, Vito’s departure and the expected reactions to Gina taking over reduced those we trusted in number even further.

I know it seemed strange but if money might turn family against family then Gina and I could also do that. It would seem strange to turn to Law Enforcement, namely my shooting buddies and childhood friend at the FBI but most of our operations were now legit.

Our Hotel, Casino and Prostitution business seemed to be the exception; but their scope was limited to operating within those confines. Drugs, smuggling, tax evasion, kidnapping, extortion and any other unsavory activities were gone. The LEOs knew they would never entirely eliminate ours and those activities of others though, we at least paid our taxes and for the most part both law enforcement sides never had a problem with us. There were too many newbies trying to make a name for themselves in those other areas we exited.

In discussing this approach, both Gina and I felt guards at the hospital for Eileen could be off-duty FBI, we both thought they would make better guards. $75,000 a week would go for that purpose. Not a lot of cash but at $100 an hour it would be a nice bonus for them if nothing happened. We felt it should carry on to the Hotel too when she was moved there. Seeing the same faces that she was now used to would help her recovery.

The search for Eileen’s assailants ended up with several would be abductors identified. She had been targeted by a group of Latin wannabees for a stay in Mecca but it was not to pray. Her abductors thought she was dead; they were so strung out. Now things were starting to make some sense. Kidnapping of white females for the Saudis was a big business. It was also a business where there were few players in the US when you mixed in drug distribution; this made it somewhat easier to track down the perps.

My FBI friends and I made a deal. Door number one, I got, it was to be the two perps. The rest, the drugs, suppliers and the kidnap ring went to them. Pretty neat even if I have to say so myself. When I told Gina she thought it was a ‘hoot’. (Cowboy word meaning a yell out or shout in agreement, pretty much like ‘Hear. Hear’ in your Parliament East Ponders)

We already had our hands full with more to come if I listened closely to what Gina said about Vegas and the like. Detroit and Cleveland should take care of the transition but trained replacements would or could be a problem. I would speak with Joey after all, there was not much differences between casinos.

We had some good news this morning, Aimee and Ella would take over many of Emma’s tasks, freeing her up for expanded duties. Surprise, surprise was that Ashley jumped at taking over the private floor room service since it was only our people and she felt safe there. Emma also gave her the added responsibility of training 4 or 5 part time girls for food, beverage and banquets while Aimee was still there to help. It may not sound like much but in the Hotel business it was like the discovery of some long lost artifact to science.

Jumping ahead, within eighteen months, 14 girls joined our ranks at various Hotels as full-time employees, 4 more as assistant managers, 3 others were accepted at the casinos in Jersey and one was fought over by Vegas to work there. What started out as a temporary change to fill an open spot to replace Emma and help Ashley out, grew into a half dozen training programs for all the Hotels and Casinos too. I’ll call it a win folks, one of the few that worked that year. Isn’t there some saying about ‘necessity being the mother of invention’?

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.