Under the Boardwalk
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2018 by Lapi

On the way out to Vito’s I stopped in to reconfirm some things with Emma, our manager here. I told her that Ashley was in my suite and had asked Ella and Aimee to take care of her. I hesitated to tell her exactly why and what happened.

“There has been some trouble, can we increase some security and add some to the suite I am in, I’ll double check and OK it this morning with Vito.”

“Sure, I’ll just add the extra cost to your bill. (LOL) Should I call Joey too?”

“Not a bad idea, maybe add some cameras and a gate in the garage.”

“You’re Serious then?”

“Quietly though, OK?”

I made another call. We owned a security firm so, long story short I asked for them to contact Emma, ASAP and send people to her for hotel security duty.

As I turned onto the Expressway, my cousin’s call confirmed much of what Ashley had said. I did feel better helping her but focused on the attack on Vito right now.

When I got through the back gate and drove up to the house Gina, one of his daughters ran up, hugged me an told me “He was waiting for you. They are out back on the patio. Should I go to?”

She was my ex sister-in-law and I knew Vito shared much with her about the family business.

“Take my arm, hold on to me and if Vito doesn’t say anything stay next to me. No other one’s opinion counts on this Hon, act like you belong there,”

That got me a tighter hug. Gina was a dichotomy of sorts. Sweet, kind and giving to some and the devil incarnate to others. Vito did not have a son but Gina would probably take over for Vito, she was the heir apparent.

Vito sat in a recliner. He had a small cast on his right hand, several bandages on his face and his left arm in a sling. We exchanged looks, my head and eyes shifted towards my silent partner. Vito gave a smile and nodded his head. No other permission would be needed.

He pointed to a seat next to him, Gina sat by my side. My ex was not there, I would have been surprised if she had been. In many ways Gina was closer to me than Mona ever was, we seemed not to need too many words to understand each other. I also think she knew I would do anything and everything to protect her and Vito, my ex not so much.

Gina made quite a show of sitting, squashing next to me then tucking herself under my arm until she was comfortable. In many ways I was still her brother, this was her way of saying ‘we’ both belonged here. I saw Vito just shake his head. It was not some ‘PDA’ she was doing, rather a show of ‘family’ unity.

I saw Mona stand by the patio doors, Vito gently shook his head. She looked at Gina and me sitting next to Vito and stormed away.

Gary Saunders, out ‘Consigliere’ rose, got a nod from Vito and began. “At approximately 10:04 last evening Vito with his usual three car configuration left Amati’s Restaurant. Ten minutes later, still on Route 101 the lead car hit a mine or explosive device, two men were killed immediately, one died on the way to hospital and one is still in ICU. Vito’s car was hit by, what we think was a RPG or shoulder fired missile. The driver of that car was killed, Paulie and Tony injured and Vito had minor injuries also. The third car’s occupants returned fire, probably much greater return fire than the attackers expected. Six of the attackers were killed which probably saved Don Vincent’s life.”

He reached for some water.

“It looks like a paid hit. Two of the dead were freelancers from Miami, the other four locals. There were no previous demands or warnings. Security for all of you especially Gina and you Tommy needs to be increased. Don Vincent will remain in the house until we settle what went on. Gina will represent him in all things. Paulie is handling collections, Vince and Tony the clubs, Joey the Casinos in Jersey and Tommy, the Hotels and Planes here and in Vegas. You all will co-ordinate anything else you need through Gina.”

Another pause and confirmation from everyone. Without looking, Gina patted my arm.

“Any questions?”

What about those who attacked Vito?” from Vince.

Tommy you and Gina need to remain to discuss that part with Vito and myself, the rest you start now and may leave us.”

Gina and I remained seated while everyone else but Gary paid their respects to Vito and left. Mollie came in with some food and drink. When she left Gary told us more details of what happened. He was excused. We followed Vito inside and into his private office. We entered, still standing he started.

“The walls have ears, even here.” While talking he handed Gina a DVD disc. “Do what must be done, Capiche?”

Gina nodded, went up and kissed the old man.

“We will father, we will.”

I sort of knew Vito still liked and trusted me, Now I was a bit confused until I remembered he had no son. This was a different Gina than who met me coming in. She took my hand, gave it a squeeze and said. “We need to go to your place. Here is not the right place to discuss what must be done.”

‘Okay Fine’ I thought. ‘What’s one more beautiful girl who at 17 was in-between Eileen and Ashley. Wait, didn’t Joey say Gina had a boyfriend already?

From appearances today, when they heard about me and Gina, a lot of folks were going to be pissed off. There must have been a dozen suitors trying to marry her and dozens more wanting to get in her pants. Looking at Gina as we walked to my car that no longer seemed much of a problem. By now even Vegas would have a summary of what went on. I wondered who would cause more angst, Gina or me?

Gary was understating ‘we’ would have additional security as three other cars were waiting at the gate leading out. One of the new guys walked up, had Gina and I exit my car and enter one of the armored jobs instead. Yes, this was additional security I guess. After I said where we wanted to go, it took an extra hour to get there. Gina just giggled like a schoolgirl, in-fact she was still in high school.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.