My Name Is Ed - Cover

My Name Is Ed

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 48

Gerome and the professor worked out a method of recording the images. Gerome agreed to slip in before sunrise and shoot the Cranes while they went about their daily routine. Since it was not part of my master plan, I showed little interest in the project. I did agree to give Gerome anything he needed for his project.

“Good Ed, I really need you to take a look at the commercial I am getting ready for the local evening news. The Utube plea for help has raised some money, but not enough for me to get paid. Take a look at the new one before I send it to the Jackson TV station. Do you know anyone there.” he asked.

“I did but I forgot her name. She is probably gone now anyway. The person to call is my son John. He lives in Jackson.”

I gave Gerome the number for John’s office. His call most likely would not get answered, but he could leave a message.

I went back to reading everything I could find on pot farming. Many of the mechanics were interesting to me. On one site the instructions were all about growing the plants indoors. My intent was to use the all natural approach. It was cheaper and I assumed it would be just as safe. I felt that way since no one ever came to my house visiting.

I chose a variety of pot with a fast grow time. From the seeds going in the ground, until time to harvest the plants fell within the ninety day time we had easily within the growth time of a couple of varieties. I ordered the seeds from an online advertisement. They were shipped to me from Mexico in a plain wrapper. It was my plan to plant two small test crops. One planted in the ground, and one planted in five gallon black plastic paint cans. Both of the test crops were in the ground, or can, shortly after the cranes arrived.

I carried Maurine to see the fights the first Friday night after my crops were in the ground, which also just happened to be the first Friday after Gerome finished his next commercial. Of course I wanted it to be a success for Gerome and Lucinda, and a little for the professor. On the other hand I just wanted the name awareness. Not for me for the Mississippi Sandhill Crane project. I just wanted people to stay the fuck away from my three acres. If his commercial did that, I was tickled.

Maurine and I carried a bag of hot dogs again. Ten hot dogs and five root beers were in the bag. Maurine had also insisted I buy french fries.

She usually ate healthy, but gave in to junk food to please me. The healthy eating, most of the time, kept her from gaining weight. Staying very active did it for me, although I had gained five pounds in the two years since my retirement. I promised myself that I would pay more attention to what I ate and find a hobby to burn calories. While screwing might do it, I didn’t have that much energy.

The next month I planted Bamboo plants in a corner of my yard. It was a spot that wasn’t really visible from the driveway into the one acre of land surrounding my cabin. It was still an easy trip from my cabin for the little cart I had built.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.