My Name Is Ed - Cover

My Name Is Ed

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 32

‎It was Sunday after lunch for some of us, after church for others, when Lucinda called me. “I need you to do me another favor,” she pleaded.

‎Since we had wrapped up the Mr. X surveillance case the day before, I felt sure she wanted me to at least help explain the results to the wife. I hoped that she didn’t want us to confront Mr. X. If she did want that it could get pretty confrontational pretty quickly. Of course since Lucinda wanted to play the role of my bodyguard, I wasn’t too worried.

‎‎”I get your need for some help, but why me?” I asked.

‎‎”You looked grandfatherly,” she explained honestly. “And have a kind of old biker vibe.”

‎‎”Gee, now there is a compliment, I could have done without,” I said with a laugh in my voice. “So are we talking to Mrs. X or both of them.”

‎‎”She is afraid he might get violent. So she doesn’t want to be alone with him when she shows him the evidence,” Lucinda explained. “Also my car needs an oil change.”

‎‎”Okay, then we put it down to car trouble. It has nothing to do with the fact that you might need grandpa as backup?” I asked.

‎‎”Of course not,” she said also sounding light hearted. “Try to dress professionally.”

‎‎”Do you mean I have to take off my bib overalls before I pick you up?” I asked.

‎Now you might think I’m kidding, but I do wear those when I work on the worm farm, even in the winter. I can wear a thermal shirt under them and a sweatshirt over them so I look like a hick, but I’m warm and comfortable. I had even taken to making deliveries dressed that way. Hell I was a worm farmer, I needed to embrace the fact, or so everyone said.

‎‎”Damn right you do. Especially if I have to take you to dinner after we finished breaking the news to the family X,” Lucinda explained.

‎‎”Then give me at least an hour to scrub off the worm shit,” I said.

‎‎”The plan is for 3PM, at her house. That is when we share the evidence,” Lucinda explained.

‎‎”I’ll be by your place before then,” I said. I answered the phone while working in the space under my little house. I finished turning the worm beds, before I went upstairs to shower and redress for the big reveal. It should at least be interesting. Lucinda promised that she was going to provide all the security we needed. I had my doubts so I included the .357 upside down holster in my outfit for the evening. I also placed the folding baton in my jacket pocket. If I needed it, I wanted it handy. I believed even that late in life to always go out into the world fully dressed.

‎It was 2:30PM when I pulled up outside the Vicksburg Self Improvement training center and Gym. It was better known as the Vicksburg Self Defense Center. The major partner and manager of the gym came out to meet me. You guessed it Lucinda Mercer or some bastardized Spanish translation of it.

‎‎”Hey Lu how goes the work of MMA?” I asked. “You must be doing something right. I don’t see any major cuts or bruises this time.”

‎‎”You just saw me yesterday,” she answered.

‎‎”Hey you have had almost a full day. One of those heavy bags could have assaulted you, just saying,” I suggested.

‎‎”Prick,” she mumbled.

‎‎”Bitch,” I said a little clearer.

‎‎”Just follow your gps and let’s get on with it,” she insisted.

‎She didn’t look as bored as usual. I was sure that she was busy anticipating her next move. Planning just what she would do, if Mr. X decided to go all medieval on her. It was something I planned to warn him against at some point during out conversation. The idea of starting out little show and tell in his home, but ending it in the local ER was not a really good plan.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.