My Name Is Ed - Cover

My Name Is Ed

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 13

Saturday afternoon and night I called around to my all informants and the newer club owners in the Jackson and Vicksburg areas.‭ I was curious that was all. My part in the investigation of the incident was over. My conclusion was Barry got his ass whipped by JD whoever he was. Barry twisted reality to make himself appear a double victim and get a little payback for his wife having made him pay off their joint debts.

I really didn’t need to meet with Linda on Monday, ‭ but I just wanted the meeting. John’s bed buddy being there wouldn’t help me at all. John had to have a lawyer present, since everybody in Vicksburg seemed to think I had an affair with Linda. It wasn’t true. It was just a lie which Barry had spread around.

Everybody knew Barry was the worst kind of liar, ‭ but they all loved a bit of gossip as well. It was Sunday Morning when I arranged an accidental meeting with Linda Abrams. I arranged the meeting at the First Church of The Nazarene. I hugged Megan and spoke to Linda in a whisper.

‎”We need to talk,” I whispered. “Before the meeting tomorrow.”

‎Linda didn’t answer. She just continued walking into the church. I waited until everyone was inside then drove the Accent away. I headed to the house, but stopped along the way for a big ass burger. I carried it home where I could use a whole roll of paper towel for the mess, if I needed them.

‎I opened the wrapper and asked the empty room, “Why the hell do these things never look like the picture on the drive through menu. I should have John sue them for false advertising. He could make it a class action suit and then retire.” I mumbled it of course, since no one could hear.

Since I still didn’t have a TV set, ‭ I watched some old TV shows on Sunday night. I answered several calls from people returning my earlier calls. In all I hadn’t learned much.

About‭ 9PM I heard a car in the gravel drive. I looked out to see Linda pull up beside my Accent. She didn’t have Megan, so that meant Megan was with Linda’s mother overnight. That happened often, or so I had heard.

‎”Hello Ed,” she said as I opened the door.

‎”Come in hon. I’ve got a pot of, not too old, coffee on the stove, and a bottle of instant iced tea in the refrigerator. So which will you have?” I asked.

‎”The tea,” she suggested. I busied myself preparing it. “So what did you want to talk about.”

‎”You know we are going to ask you who your alibi witness is for the night of Barry’s beat down. So tell me now and we can figure out something,” I suggested.

‎”You know I can’t do that,” she said.

‎”Look, I think we have given the DA a better theory of the event. We just need to show that you are cooperating to have them drop you as even an accomplice. So who was it? The Sheriff,” I asked.

‎”Hell no, not that pig,” she said with a laugh.

‎”Tell me and I’ll cover for you. Was it the presiding judge?” she looked away rather than answer. “Well that’s clear enough,” I said.

‎”I can’t get him involved, or he will be ruined,” she said.

‎”Not to mention your job will be gone,” I said. “What you are going to need is someone believable, who is willing to take the fall, someone like me.”

‎”You would do that for me,” she asked.

‎”I would do that for John,” I agreed “But you need to stick to the story we come up with. If they catch you in a lie, it will kill your credibility.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.