My Name Is Ed
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

I almost called Linda half a dozen time, but knew that it would be the wrong thing to do. Because of the desire to make a fool of myself, I slept poorly. When I finally awoke, I had way more than enough time for a shower before breakfast.

Not only did I shower and make coffee, I found a clean pair of khaki cargo pants and a navy blue long sleeve pullover tee shirt. I slipped on my new puff vest before heading out into the morning, almost December, air. I drove the Hyundai Accent, my econo-box, to the diner located in downtown Vicksburg. There were several other lower classed diners that I frequented more often. Since this was a business breakfast of sorts, I picked the slightly quieter Downtown Diner.

I finished reading the Email on my new HP mini laptop. The email attachment was both Linda’s non statement, and Barry’s official statement. There was also the synopsis of it all. Since I trusted Lois, I went to the synopsis first.

A Patrol Deputy was dispatched to the Lucky 13 club at 11PM on November 23 2017. Upon arrival he found an adult male who appeared to be unconscious. The patrol deputy radio for an ambulance. The deputy interview bystanders while waiting for the EMT personnel to make his decision. The interview results were; no one saw a thing.

“Now there is a shocker,” I whispered aloud.

The EMT on the scene checked Barry’s vitals and transported him to the ER clinic. The doctor there determined Barry’s injuries were serious enough to hold him overnight.

Detective 1stclass Lois Smyth and Patrol Deputy Patty Purcell interviewed Barry Abrams at 1:05 am on November 24 in the emergency clinic. When asked what happened Mr Abrams replied that he was struck from behind and he fell. After he fell someone kicked and stomped him until he was unconscious.

When asked if he knew who did it he replied, ‘Not exactly but the man said, “This is a message from Linda. Leave her alone”’. Shortly thereafter he lost consciousness he admitted. He stated he could not identify the person or persons who did the beat down.

I was sitting there thinking about Linda and Barry’s relationship. Could she have hired someone to give Barry a beat down. Probably I decided. Was she stupid enough to have that person deliver a message like that. I doubted that seriously. Sure she knew guys who could do it, but she would never leave a trail back to herself. The guys doing the beat down wouldn’t want a trail either. I determined that Barry was full of shit. So who could have done it.

I had a couple of ideas, but I would need Smyth to uncover them. Someone without a dog in the fight would be much more creditable. I could pass on information pointing her in the right direction, but it should be left to her to do the actual arrest, if there was one. If the new chick Patty was cute, maybe I could give her the arrest. That brought a laugh to me. I laughed because Lois was the more valuable contact, and she was also a cutthroat ambitious bitch.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.