My Name Is Ed - Cover

My Name Is Ed

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 6

We had Megan in the car when we stopped at a local grocery store to by the ‘stuff’ for my not so famous Wednesday night Glop. I needed a pound of ground beef, one white onion, one large Mac and cheese family sized dinner kit, one loaf of Italian bread, one can of crushed tomatoes and one can of tomato paste.

“You promise me you have margarine, garlic salt, and salad dressing at home?” I asked.

“Yes I promise,” Linda said with a smile.

“So Megan can you make the salad,” I asked as I threw in the basket bag of salad mix. It was fresh lettuce tomato and some garden greens I didn’t recognize.

“I can open the bag,” she said.

“That’s good, but you have to wash the green stuff as well,” I said. “When we get home, that is going to be your job. I’m going to be busy cooking Glop.”

Which is exactly how it worked out. I cooked the Italian meal. Megan made the salad while Linda sat in the living room relaxing. After dinner I showed Linda and Megan how to use the front door and the rear door cameras. The cameras had an AP for my smart phone. I hadn’t minded putting out the money for the cameras, since I was planning to use them in my other business. I could use them to keep an eye on my dead drop sites.

Linda and I didn’t mention Barry’s visit to the courthouse to Megan. “You do know that she is probably going to find out about her dad’s problems,” I suggested.

“Yeah, but not now, and not this way. You don’t think he will come here do you?” Linda asked.

“If he gets high or juiced there is no telling what he will do,” I suggested.

“You won’t hurt him will you. I mean if he shows up here,” Linda asked.

“I will try not to come to blows with him, but if he presses me to defend myself, I will do it aggressively.” I said. “If that happens it could result in any outcome.”

“If anything happens to Barry, Megan will never forgive us,” Linda said.

“You mean she will never forgive me. If it comes to that, I would rather she not forgive me, than not forgive you,” I explained.

“Change of subject, that was a delicious meal,” Linda said. “Better yet, there is even enough for another night.”

“Yes that’s why I like to make it at home,” I said.

“Are you really my lawyer’s father?” she asked.

“Yes John is my only child. He moved to Jackson after college. He wanted to be a pool lawyer. That means he handles all kinds of things. He is even a court appointed lawyer now and then.” I explained.

“So you have done this kind of thing before?” she asked.

“Not body guard work. I served some papers for him once in a while,” I explained. “It doesn’t pay enough to make it worthwhile. I only do it when nobody else is able or willing to do it.”

“Megan will be in to watch Jeopardy in a couple of minutes. Before she gets here I want to say something. You have been better to me and Megan than anyone, even her own father,” Linda said.

“Well you are both easy to be nice to. It’s a shame that I’m so much older than you,” I said with a smile.

“That isn’t true. You are not too old for us,” Linda said.

“Not if you are looking for a grandfather figure for Megan,” I said. “If that’s the case what kind of relationship do you think we could have.” I was at least laughing by that time.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.