8 March 2008 - Cover

8 March 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 4

“Brad, please come back for a moment.” Zack asked. They returned to the square piece of wood, still holding hands.

“If you sing as well as Abby says, why didn’t you try out for Canadian Idol?”

“This is Abby’s time to shine in the spotlight, not mine. I’m so proud of her. I already have my time on TV and in the sports section of the newspaper.”

“What do you do besides school and have a talent for the guitar that has made you so popular?”

“I play right wing for the Belleville Falcons of the Ontario Hockey League. Hockey is my priority in life over a singing career. I love Abby and want to see her go after her dreams. I figured that going any distance in the competition would interfere with my hockey career. This weekend is only one of a few where our team doesn’t play any games.”

“Someday Brad is going to play in the NHL,” Abby predicted. “This is his first season, and he has already set several team and League scoring records.”

“The auditions will begin to air on TV on the 6th of June. Golden ticket winners will have to be in Toronto on the 11th for shows on the 12th, 13th, and 14th. Once the shows are edited, the top 200 will air on TV on the 16th and 17th. The finals start live on July 14th, with the winner crowned on September 10th. With you both in high school, you may have to arrange to write your final exams on a different day,” Zach mentioned.

“We’ll make any arrangements we need to,” Abby confirmed.

“Since you’re here, why don’t you take the time to sing for us? If you’re worthy of a golden ticket and a scheduling conflict develops between us and your hockey, then let us handle it,” Farley added.

“Please, Brad? I know how good a singer you are, and now you can prove it to them too,” Abby encouraged.

“Okay, I’ll do it!”

“Thank you, my love.” Abby’s right breast pressed against his arm as she leaned up to kiss him.

“Can I borrow the keyboard? I didn’t plan on singing, but I do have a song in mind that I sang last year for a benefit show to promote organ transplant awareness.”

“Of course you can,” Jake offered. Several of the Idol staff positioned the keyboard and chair on the wooden platform. Other staff quickly cued his name, age, and home city for viewing.


Abby stood off to the side as Brad sat behind the keyboard, turned it on, adjusted the features to the sound he desired, and positioned the microphone.

“What song are you going to sing for us?” Sass asked.

“Never Let Go, by Bryan Adams.”

“Who hasn’t heard most of his songs, but I’m not familiar with ‘Never Let Go,’” she mentioned.

“He and several others—I can’t remember who wrote it for the movie, ‘The Guardian.’ The movie starred Kevin Costner.”

‘Never Let Go.’ Words and music by Bryan Adams, Eliot Kennedy, and Trevor Rabin.

Brad began to play, the keyboard recreating the sound of a piano and accompanying instruments. His name, age, and hometown were listed below him.

Can you lay your life down, so a stranger can live? Can you take what you need but take less than you give? Could you close every day without the glory and fame? Could you hold your head high when no one knows your name? That’s how legends are made, at least that’s what they say

We say goodbye but never let go We live, we die ‘cause you can’t save every soul Gotta take every chance to show that you’re the kinda man Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

Can you lose everything, you ever had planned? Can you sit down again and play another hand? Could you risk everything for the chance of being alone? Under pressure find the grace or would you come undone? That’s how legends are made, at least that’s what they say?

We say goodbye, but never let go We live, we die ‘cause you can’t save every soul Gotta take every chance to show that you’re the kinda man Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

Never let go, never let go, never let go Gotta take every chance to show that you’re the kinda man Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.