8 March 2008 - Cover

8 March 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 3

“Good afternoon and welcome to Canadian Idol,” Sass Jordon offered, and the other judges welcomed her. “What is your name, age, and where you are from?”

“Hi!” She beamed, giving a small wave of her hand. “I’m Abby Kendall. I’m sixteen years old, and I’m from Trenton, Ontario.”

“Hi, Abby, who is this with you?” Farley asked.

“This is my boyfriend, Brad Hayward. I don’t play guitar, but he sure does. I hope it’s alright if he plays for me while I sing.”

“This year, we allow contestants to play an instrument while singing. I don’t see why he can’t play for you,” Jake mentioned, looking to the other judges. “We’ve also provided a keyboard should a contestant wish to use it.”

“Are you in school?” Zack questioned.

“Yes, Brad and I are both in grade eleven.”

“Do you do very much singing?” Jake asked.

“I’ve sung the national anthem at several of Brad’s hockey games. We also sing together for the kids at Trenton Memorial Hospital who are waiting for organ transplants.”

“That’s very commendable. What song are you singing for us today?” Farley asked.

“The Power of Love by Celine Dion.”

“Quite a commanding song choice,” Sass cautioned. “Why did you choose that one?”

“She can sing it very well,” Brad inserted.

“People who know us say we’re too young to know what real love feels like. I say they’re wrong. Why can’t the love of two teenagers be just as strong as that of two adults? Brad supports me in everything I do. This song helps to prove what he means to me.”

“Abby has already said a countless number of times that someday we’ll be married,” Brad added, and the judges smirked at the forecasted fantasy of the mid-aged teens.

“You do make a very nice-looking couple,” Sass complimented.

“Thank you; we think so too,” Abby agreed.

Okay, Abby, whenever you’re ready,” Jake prompted.

‘The Power of Love,’ words and music by Gunther Mende, Candy DeRouge, Jennifer Rush, and Mary Susan Applegate.

Abby looked at Brad. Guitar ready, he began a several-bar intro for her as she took a deep breath and exhaled. She tried to remember his suggestion to alternate her stare from one judge to another. While she began, ‘Abby Kendall, age 16, Trenton, Ontario,’ was superimposed below her to show on the TV screen.

The whispers in the morning Of lovers sleeping tight Are rolling by like thunder now As I look in your eyes

I hold on to your whole body And feel each move you make Your voice is warm and tender A love that I could not forsake

‘Cause I’m your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I’ll do all that I can

Lost is how I’m feeling lying in your arms When the world outside’s too much to take That all ends when I’m with you

Even though there may be times It seems I’m far away Never wonder where I am ‘Cause I am always by your side

‘Cause I’m your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I’ll do all that I can

We’re heading for something Somewhere I’ve never been Sometimes I am frightened But I’m ready to learn Of the power of love

Abby ended the song on a long, high note, taking a breath. “Keep singing, keep singing!” Jake prompted. Abby looked at Brad, who continued playing.

The sound of your heart beating Made it clear suddenly The feeling that I can’t go on Is light years away

‘Cause I’m your lady And you are my man Whenever you reach for me I’ll do all that I can

We’re heading for something Somewhere I’ve never been Sometimes I am frightened But I’m ready to learn Of the power of love The power of love The power of love

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.