War Maidens
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2018 by Lapi

This day was not unique or very special. It was not like this kind of battle had not been waged before; only it had been thousands of years ago. Even before that, pure Demons had fought each other.

As far as Battles are concerned you will never see the like again. Astrid tells me it is OK to relate what happened here. Just to make certain you don’t think this as Ragnarok; it was not. A big Norse battle, granted with beasts and magics never to be seen again.

Here is what might have happened:

In the center was the enemy camp, more troops were converging from the right of the girls with them in the middle.

Ingrid had her spells, Diana her wolves and beasts summoned up to join what Berserk she could muster. Freda’s forces would have to wait, the armies of undead would be needed this battle. Sigrid called upon forces not seen in this scale for thousands of years. She hoped they would turn the tide of this fight in her favour.

Near 129,000 of the enemy against 30-39, 000 or so of the girls troops might not seem quite fair. It wasn’t. Theirs were not regular troops you see. But you already know that.

It was in the telling that is difficult for a modern man to comprehend. The sizzle and sheer elegance exceeded that of Balaclava and the majesty of the death and dying seen during the Charge of the Light Brigade. Death has its own unique style and way of being remembered.

This war plan and strategy, on both side went askew. Greek Fire, arrows, rocks and boulders flew against the girl’s troops.

Teeth of the wolves were gnawing all around, Ingrid’s spells held back the death falling from above while the undead tore the living flesh asunder. Ogres, goblins and dwarves on both sides gave battle, arrows killing indiscriminately.

The clincher was Sigrid. High above she rode, The Valkyrie, Black Riders and dozens of Dragons breathing Fire, Ice, Wind and Water were turning the tide of battle into victory for the girls.

It was not a pretty sight, death and destruction is never glamorous to behold.

The vanquished were strewn across the fields along with our fallen.

Freya had let me see the battles as if I was there, viewing it remotely. Dahlia too watched as her daughters fought along side the fallen heroes and heroines.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.