Convergence of Fates - Cover

Convergence of Fates

Copyright© 2018 by Iori Angel

Chapter 6

Knowledge is all about understanding, wisdom is making use of it, and technology is making use of that wisdom in order to achieve definite results. And once we have the technology ready, we can apply it to everything in order to control it.

(Professor Zhaernon En’Kalhurn-University of Delta Draconis year 452)

Colonel David O’lleary

PX2458 uncharted star system, Year 456 of the Unified Alliance.

I was floored. Those are the command codes of the ship! How did she get them? The unnerving smile of the woman irked me. The light on the bridge went out and we were plunged into the darkness for a time, the screen and com didn’t and we still could see the woman.

“Sir! The ship is moving toward the station.” The pilot at the helm squealed.

I could see that none of the light on the control consoles for the weapon, engineering, astrogation are available. At least we have Life Support. That thought drove home how serious the situation is physically on me, I couldn’t breathe and think. Until pure rage took over. How dare she?! I am Colonel David O’lleary of the PMC Ares! I have more accolades and successes than all those floozies in HQ combined that are flying desk instead of ships! My eyes found those of my XO who nodded to me, his uniform was black and flawless with shiny medals and the Ares insignia that looks like swords in the letter ‘A’ form. The guy never gave up on me; God knows he has reasons to.

“Prepare to board the station! Super Soldiers get ready!” I said when I push the buttons on my chair to give orders.

We can turn this situation around! I am sure of it, we will take this station, take care of that woman – Maybe have a little fun- and blow up that station to erase that we were ever here. On the horseshoe formed bridge, the officers are trying to take back control of the ship, some even tried to open up their consoles or shut off the AI controls. But I feel that this ship has sailed. The situation is so dire that I cannot laugh at my own jokes ... Strangely the camera and communication on the ship were not disabled and I could watch the platoon of super soldiers prepare and roam the grey colored corridors of the ship. The engineers couldn’t or wouldn’t work on the fusion reactor feeding energy to the Electro-Plasma System. The Medical wing went into overdrive and prepared beds and supply en masse for future patients.

Everyone is doing his job but I could feel a silent undertone of fear while they are doing so. I felt the same, fear that I attacked more than I could handle and that I am sending my troops to their death. I’m certain that is what I am doing. We should have retreated when the fighter of Corporal Evan disappeared in that station. Putting my arm on the chair’s armrest I think of a way to recoup my loss, but the sight of us docking with the station put everything on hold.


Fenicia

Everything is ready, my armored right hand roamed on the body armor I’ve donned. Black with a blue undertone, it is a good one that gift it’s wearer with augmented reflexes and strength – as if I needed it with my nanites augments- but every little bit would be needed for what I am about to do. My Peace pistol is strapped to my right thigh, my Freedom recoilless rifle on my back, my EPP*(Energy Pacifier Pistol) and the grenades in my toolkit should get me through this situation. While I am checking weapons, the systems of the armor synchronized with my AI bio-implant. I could see the systems powering up on my HUD (Head Up Display), the armor linked with the targeting computers on my pistols and rifle. It showed me the ammo and energy charge for each, the number of targets it could acquire. And the real kicker is how the whole armor could link with my nanites augmentations.

Quantum Uplink (AKA Q-Uplink)

Interrogation enhancer

Security domination

Stealth

Integrated Fabricator (available only with armor)

LiDAR

Smart Vision

Pathfinder system

Medical Health System

And there are locked augmentations that I must discover later, it is clearly said on my HUD that I don’t have the authorization or the rank to have the full-unlimited package.

The fuck? It surprised me and at the same time didn’t. There is no free meal in this galaxy and the fact that there secrets in my own body that I can’t unveil unnerved me.

Sigh.

“No big deal, I will resolve everything when I don’t have mercenary on my heels,” I told myself.

I am in the docking bay of the station, awaiting the ship to get in. If they surrender it might be a problem though, we don’t have the personnel to keep all the crew of the Warsong in the brig! A wicked smile appeared on my face.

“Hmm, I like how that ship is named and how she looks like a bird of prey. I’m going to take it from those humans, but something tells me that it will need a visit to a shipyard when I have “peaceful negotiations” with the Commander of this ship.”

“No kidding.” I hear say in my Q-Uplink.

The Q-Uplink permits me to communicate silently with station defense; Ell Evan and Idunn are holed there. We are in constant communication, so I hear everything they say and the same is true for them.

“Colonel O’lleary is never going to surrender, I know that old fool. That’s why I am here manning the weapons of the docking bay to snipe at those Super Soldiers that are going to surge from this ship.”

While Ell said all this I took my time to analyze the docking bay. I am floating in zero-G, near the gun ports and turrets of the docking bay. Shiny silvery wonders that spew energy and metallic projectiles at high velocity; there waiting to shred human bodies.

“How beautiful,” I said.

The Docking Bay is 2 kilometers long, 900 meters large, 1, 5 km in height. The whole station is dozens of kilometers long and can house thousands of beings, but is inhabited by only androids, robots and Idunn who love to be left alone and not bothered by stupid people and research in peace. But I think that if we survive this ordeal her friend won’t let her in an empty station alone anymore. It made me laugh a little.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.