The Catalyst - Cover

The Catalyst

Copyright© 2018 by 2Ber Hero

Chapter 21: Work & Jack Hoff

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 21: Work & Jack Hoff - Charlie finds his "soulmate", falls in love and soon finds himself embroiled in "self-discovery". He and his friends/lovers begin learning about love, life and. things they never thought possible! This story is a "What if it could really happen" fantasy/romance/action-adventure, of learning and dealing with newfound abilities.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Superhero   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   Enema   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting   Voyeurism  

June, 1985

When the alarm went off, I hurried to the bathroom, then, put on a pot of coffee before taking a shower. (Which Mary and I really needed!) By the time I got back to my room everyone was up and padding around. Mary and I took the time to enjoy a thorough shower together. We love doing it, and it just seemed more expeditious than taking solo showers.

Looking into the closet, I realized I had no idea what I should wear for the first day on the job. I wondered if a suit would be appropriate, but, decided to choose a white shirt and a pair of black khakis.

Since I wanted to appear ‘nerdy’ I found a ‘pocket-protector’ to complete my ‘ensemble’. Mary dressed in a very professional looking pantsuit with semi-comfortable 2 inch heeled shoes.

We all opted to have a simple breakfast of cereal, toast and orange juice, along with our coffee. Greg kept chuckling every time he looked at me, “If you had more hair, Charlie, you’d look just like Lewis in ‘Revenge of the Nerds’!”

“So, my costume works for you?” I smirked.

“Oh yes! You’re about as scary as a teddy bear!”

After we all finished eating, Mary went to a cupboard and pulled out four brand-new travel mugs.

She promptly passed them out, so we could all take coffee to work with us. It’s nice to live with people that help you do the thinking, as I would never have thought of something like travel mugs. After kisses and hugs all around, the four of us jumped into our cars (or truck, in Greg’s case), and headed our separate ways.

When I arrived at work, I went to the receptionist and introduced myself. She called Mr Granger to come to her desk.

He smiled and said, “Hi Mr Swenson, welcome to the busiest architectural firm in Chicagoland! We’re glad to have you!”

He showed me to a rather small office that had a desk, bookcase and a full-size drafting table. He asked me if I was going to need any supplies. I told him I had most of my own materials with me, but I might need some legal pads and pencils.

He showed me to the supply closet and told me to help myself to whatever I needed. He asked me to come to his office as soon as I got situated to discuss my ‘first project’.

Sam was one of the few guys who I HADN’T met when I was doing my internship. As the morning wore on, several of the other people that I DID know, stopped by to welcome me. It felt good to have a few friends and smiling faces to start a new job. By 9:30, I felt that I had my office all set up, so I went to find Sam.

On the way to Sam’s office, I ran into Larry, my friend and mentor during my internship.

“Hi Charlie, Sam told me that he’s putting you with Jack. I just want you to know, I really tried to get you assigned to me. Sam’s concerned about putting you with Jack, so I’m not sure why he’s doing this. Something is going on with the Oakbrook job and I guess he’s hoping you can help get it back on track. Hey, I’ll see you at lunch, we can talk more then.”

“I’ll see you then. We really need to get together after work and catch up on things, maybe have a couple of beers?”

“That sounds like a winner Charlie, first beer’s on me!”

I could tell from the conversation that Larry had no idea that Sam and I had planned anything. As much as I wanted to say something about WHY I was assigned to Jack, I felt it prudent to just be quiet for now. I figured Sam and I could fill him in after work, at the bar.

When I got to Sam’s office, I saw that he already had another guy in there talking to him. I waited by the door, so I wouldn’t interrupt. He saw me standing there and waved me in. He introduced me to Jack Hoff, and told me that I’d be working under him on my first project.

Jack appeared to be about 45 years old and I noticed right away that he was a bit full of himself. He was very taken aback that I was being assigned to him. I reached out to shake his hand and basically got a cold stare in return.

I decided to do the ‘nerdy’ thing and just stand there dumbly with my hand out, hoping he would eventually shake it, so I could start getting into this asshole’s head.

Sam cleared his throat loudly, which gave Jack the hint that he was being an ass. Begrudgingly, he took my hand and squeezed as tight as he could.

Bingo!

I had three flashes and fought hard not to just come out and tell him what a douche bag he was. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

I knew that I was gonna need some help with what I just saw. I decided to again play the nerd card and howled in the pain that Jack was sure he’d caused me. The bastard got an evil scowl then said, “Sam, why did you have to assigned me a NERD? I told you I had this job under control and didn’t NEED any help.”

As much as I wanted to punch this guy’s lights out, I remembered Dad’s adage of, ‘You catch more flies with honey than you do with a baseball bat.’

I decided to go for an Academy award.

“Gee Mr Hoff, I was told by Larry that you’re one of the best architects in the firm! I was really hoping that you would teach me the difference between applied and academic architecture.”

I thought Sam was going to choke on his teeth trying not to laugh.

I could see that Jack was softening slightly and I winked at Sam.

Sam said, “Look Jack, it wasn’t really MY idea to assign this kid to you. This is totally Big Al’s idea after Charlie here worked last summer as an intern. Larry’s got him believing this kid’s really good. I personally don’t see it, but, let’s give him a chance. After a month, if he’s not working out, I’ll fire him myself!”

That seemed to be exactly what Jack wanted to hear.

He really sniggered and said, “I guess if he wants to learn from the best, I’m your man. Come on kid, let’s see if you know how to draft.”

Sam excused us to go to Jacks office, where Jack began to explain what his current project was all about. It was of course, the 12 story high-rise building.

It was going to have 3 stories commercial, 6 stories residential, and 3 stories luxury residential. He explained that my first assignment was going to be developing floor plans and elevations for 12 different styles of residential units. He told me that he wanted me to basically ‘draw up and finalize’, the different units that he had the basic dimensions and configurations for, already written down.

I took the materials he gave me and headed to my office to begin reviewing Jacks notes and instructions.

It didn’t take me long to realize that ALL he wanted me to do was DRAFT.

Normally, I would have felt insulted, wondering why I did five years of college to be hired to do what I could’ve done after my first semester! I was well into my first drawing when Sam poked his head in my office to see how I was doing.

I chuckled and said, (using air quotes) “‘For the record’, I feel like an overpaid draftsman. I’m insulted that I got a five-year degree to do what any decent draftsman should be doing.”

Sam closed the door behind him and said, softly, “‘For the record’, I’m telling you to just treat this like ‘paying your dues’. I had a feeling that’s what he was going to have you do, since every draftsman we’ve ever given him has threatened to quit! Linda didn’t even last a day, before she came to me in tears.”

“Okay”, I said, “If I didn’t already know better, based on these dimensions I would think this was just a normal building. All these residential units have very standard measurements and certainly don’t reflect the odd dimensions I saw on the structural plan. I’m also very suspicious that he didn’t give me a structural plan so I could check my drawings.”

“That IS suspicious Charlie, even if you were ONLY a draftsman, he still should have given you the structural plan to check your drawings with.”

“I know, and I’m going to press him to give one to me.” I chuckled, “How did you like my little act this morning?”

“You about killed me! But, I loved it, how did you like mine?”

“I think it set the right tone for our current relationship. Where are we going to meet later? Larry wanted to meet for drinks somewhere tonight after work. I take it Larry doesn’t know anything about what’s going on?”

“I haven’t told Larry anything yet. I’m thinking that he needs to know what’s going on because you’re gonna need a friend here to talk to. Are you guys going to McGillicuddy’s for drinks? If so, I’ll just meet you guys there.”

“That seems to be the place we’ve always gone in the past. I heard something over the weekend that piqued my curiosity and I want to share it with you. We’ll talk about it tonight.”

As Sam was leaving my office he said loudly, “Quit complaining ROOKIE, just see if you can get some of these drawings done like the man wants!”

We winked at each other as he headed back to his office.

Sam had no more then left when Larry came in and closed the door. “Charlie, what the hell is going on? I just heard Sam hollering at you and I am about to go and give him a piece of my mind!”

I motioned him to come closer and I whispered, “Larry, I really need to talk to you tonight at McGillicuddy’s is that okay? Things are not as they appear, trust me. I’ll explain everything after work.”

“Sam shouldn’t talk to you that way! Poor Linda heard him and I thought she was gonna break into tears. She’s really sweet on you, you know?”

“Ugh, Larry, please just tell Linda it’s not as bad as it sounded. I promise to explain everything tonight!”

“Okay Charlie, I won’t say anything until after we talk tonight. See you after work.”

I flashed Greg to let him know I was meeting Sam and Larry after work. He informed me that Jack had JUST told his boss, Tim, to go ahead and order the rest of the steel, that the PROBLEM had been resolved!

I was incredulous and flashed, “When did he do that?”

About 15 minutes ago. Tim’s gonna call them first thing in the morning and order the rest of the steel!”

“Don’t let him do that Buddy, I’m pretty sure this whole thing’s a scam! Meet me at McGillicuddy’s as soon as you get off work. Sam and my friend, Larry are going to meet us there. I should be there by 5:15 PM.”

Okay Charlie, let me try and stop Tim from making a major mistake. I’ll see you then.”

I realized that I needed my dad. I had an idea so I flashed Dad to see if he was listening. “Hey Charlie my boy, how are you doing today?”

“Hey Dad, I’ve got myself into a situation on my job where I could really use your help.”

I could hear Dad chuckling, “I’m not an architect, Charlie! Hell, I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler. What kind of help do you need?”

“Alas, I’m seeking knowledge that only thee may gather!”

I commenced to telling him all about Jack and what we were talking about at the pool party. I told him that I needed to know everything Jack had going on but I couldn’t just keep touching him without creating suspicion and all I was getting were flashes. He told me he fully understood and would do anything I needed.

I asked him what he was doing right now and he said he was just headed home from work. I asked him if he knew were McGillicuddy’s was. He chuckled and said, “Oh yes son, that’s where all the NERDS hang out!”

“Could you meet me there after work?” I snickered.

“Sure son!”

“Would you have a problem with me introducing you as a clairvoyant?”

“That wouldn’t be my first choice, no. Plus, my friends in the CIA probably wouldn’t be thrilled either. You’re talking about your boss, right?”

“Yes, Sam and my good friend Larry. I was strongly considering telling them about my abilities, and maybe even giving them a small demonstration.”

“Do you trust these people enough son? I’ll make you a deal. You set them up by asking them if they can keep a secret while I hold their hands. If I’M sure they’re telling the truth, then yes, I’m all in with you.”

“That sounds like a plan Dad! I’ll see you there by 5:15!”

I made up my mind that even though this was basically a menial task, I was going to show Jack what I could really do. I also needed a reason to get him to show me the structural plan.

I got into a ‘zone’ and the work was almost doing itself. I started thinking about Linda.

Last summer we worked together and really clicked. Linda’s a real pistol. About 5’ 3” tall with medium length strawberry blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. She has a sassy, playful, yet innocent personality. If it hadn’t been for the distance and the fact I was only there for the summer, I would have seriously pursued dating her. I felt now, that she had been really looking forward to my return and being here full time.

I had to put her out of my mind for now, however, so I could get things done.

By quarter to five, I already had two of the 12 models drawn and was ready to have Jack check them. I stopped by Jack’s office, laid my drawings on his desk, but he was already set to leave.

He said “Oh great, you got one done.”

I just looked at him and said, “Actually, I have TWO done, I think we should go over them and make sure I’m doing them the way you want.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.