CHARLES, CLAIRE & KALISTA
Chapter 36

 

After we got home, I changed into a swimsuit and practically jumped into the spa. Being that everyone else was of a like mind, within a half hour, I was joined by my entire C.A.S.K of ladies. Kalista came up to me and asked, in an alarmingly sexual tone, “Whatcha doin, Loverboy,” and she sat down on my lap, spreading herself out in a leisurely manner.

“Well, Special K, you sexy lump of clay, you, I was looking at the final leg of our US SST tour.” I had my laptop on a stool nearby.

“Charles,” Claire said, looking at me like I had done something wrong. “‘A sexy lump of clay?’ Why would you use such an old-fashioned sounding expression, and how come I never heard you use it on me before?”

“Claire, really – I can’t say anything remotely flirty to anybody, unless I use it on you first?” I said with a caddish smile on my face.

“Well, since you put it that way, it does make me sound a little like a ‘witch with a b,’ doesn’t it? Well, where does our final leg of this tour start, anyway?” she responded climbing into the spa.

“Well, it being March, Michael has us starting in Texas, going to Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas, two nights each; then up to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma then west to Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico. We continue west to Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff, Arizona; 9 cities, 12 performances.”

“RING!”

“Excuse me, this is Charles Newman!”

“Are you home in Ohio?” Ken asked.

“Yessir, have you got me some good news?” I aside.

“I’d say so, they took the deal, and cleared off the property to its boundaries.”

“Attaboy, Kenny. Which of the plans we talked about seem most likely to happen?”

“With the property being one-quarter of an acre, I suggest the additional poster building plus a screen-printing factory that is 250 feet square.”

I thought for a moment, then responded, “I agree, - Go ahead and build the walls and roofs. I will get the money for the inner workings, OK?”

“You are the boss, boss ... Bye!”

“What was that all about?” my most evocative mother said walking into the room unwrapping her towel to show off her C-cups in a tiger designed bikini top and bottom.

“We need to put more money available to Ken for him to proceed, there will be an exact duplicate poster plant and a 62,500 square foot screen printing plant to make T-Shirts and Sweatshirts with any of the pictures on them!”

Kalista and Dimples gave me a kiss each, as Annie got in and found a jet she liked.

Back to the Tour, I said, “On to Southern California, with stops in San Diego, Long Beach, Anaheim and Bakersfield; all two performances each except for Bakersfield. A flight west to Waikoloa, Hawaii, where we perform twice, then it’s off to Sin City, or Las Vegas, Nevada for three nights and Reno for a single night. Then we fly practically cross-country to Minneapolis, Minnesota, with our vehicle taken to Bismarck, North Dakota, where we will meet up with it six days later.

From Minnesota, we take a puddle jump, to Madison then Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Next is two days in Chicago, Illinois, followed by St Louis, Missouri, and Little Rock, Arkansas; 13 cities, 20 performances.”

Annie whispered to Special K and replaced her on my lap ... Oh Boy! I was glad I had memorized the tour.

“Bismarck, North Dakota is next, followed by Rapid City, South Dakota, and Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska. Denver, Pueblo, Greeley and Grand Junction, Colorado follow on the list, with two in Denver. Salt Lake City, Utah is after that, followed by Caspar, Wyoming and Billings, Montana; 11 cities, 12 performances.”

My lap was increasing underneath my mother, as Sarah approached us walking slinkily and raising a leg to get in.

“N-Next, a long drive on to Seattle, Washington. Followed by Portland, Eugene, and Salem, Oregon. We’re back in California, only this time we’re busier. We’ll have two performances each in Sacramento, San Francisco, Oakland, Stockton, and San Jose; 9 cities, 14 performances.”

I had to open the laptop, “Then we’ll make a coast to coast flight, performing in New York, New York for the final three performances of our United States Something Special Tour; 1 city, 3 performances, for a total of 43 cities, and 61 performances; all in just 155 days.”

“Then, in late August, according to this email from Michael, we get 10 days to recharge and we head off on our International SST Tour, which he hasn’t finalized yet. It’ll probably start in Canada somewhere, since Michael is from British Columbia. We will be traveling exclusively by plane from that point on!”

“Charles, that works out perfectly. We can get our ‘Golden Ticket System’ set up so it’ll start on Labor Day, and we can track it for a week,” Annie said.

“That’s something I plan to talk to Ken about, separating 20-pack orders from the ones and twos,” I said.

“That also means hubby-to-be, that we should start pre-planning all of our wedding details, like my dress, the cake, the music ... the Hon-ey-mo-on,” Claire said.

She stretched out the word, so it had around four syllables to it, and I believe I heard her growl at me.

Claire reached over Annie, who was still in my lap, and gave me a really dangerous kiss.

“Help, I am being smothered by her boobs,” my mother said, pulling herself out from between Claire and me.

It didn’t stop Claire and me from continuing our kiss, but Kalista, along with Annie and Sarah were all laughing and giggling at the same time.

I got a call from Brian, finishing it as I walked into the room.

Sarah had called to have some replacement pictures taken. Sarah Jane showed up without Ken or the kids. We took replacement pictures of Kalista filling out her red dress a lot better and my and Claire dance pose picture. We next replaced the Charles, Claire and Kalista picture from before, with a picture of us in our ‘For Good’ outfits.

I replaced my solo picture, first getting a very light trim from Sarah. It was in a matching coat and pant, but with an open collar and a loosened tie.

The Moms asked that we repose the Annie and Sarah picture with them both in their yellow dresses again, but this time they were both ‘free and easy’ giving Sarah Jane something of a loud gulp when she first saw them. After talking to everyone, we removed the five heads pose completely, leaving us with an even 20 poster poses.

I then pulled Saran Jane aside and questioned her about the things we talked about previously. She satisfied me that we could track 20paks separately.

“What about FedEx?”

“Charles, they said that if we signed an International Contract, they could reduce their rates by 44%?”

“And you said?”

“Here it is, for you and your LLC President to sign.”

That prompted me to go to Sarah Jane and give her a kiss on the lips. Her reaction was to kiss me back, making all the ladies break out into loud giggles. Annie even snorted!

All three of us signed the contract; as Ms. McArthur rolled it up and said it would be sent within the next 24 hours. She left with a spring in her step!

No other new pictures/posters for a while, these are the 20 that people will have to purchase to get a Golden Ticket to our wedding.

I had Sarah write a press release that there will be a Major Announcement on Labor Day this year, concerning Charles & Claire. We massaged it to say that there has been a change in the relationship between us, and we intend to clear the air on Labor Day.

Sarah sent it as an Open Letter on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, LinkedIn, LiveJournal, and Orkut. Within twenty minutes there was all kinds of activity on all of the social networking sites. We videoed Claire, Kallie, and I dancing to ‘Big Blue Earth,’ which we also put up on YouTube – with a message for people to donate to their local Library.

I announced a C-Cask meeting, and they all arrived downstairs.

“I have spoken to Brian, who is having his Eagle Court, the day after tomorrow. I expressed that we all would be there to support him. I would love it, if you would wear something appropriate for the evening. I will be in my BSA outfit that night, provided it still fits.”

“What a good friend you are,” Sarah said.

I sent Sarah, Claire, and Kalista out shopping for some more show underpants, while Mom and I just sat around and talked.

“Mom, did Sarah ever tell you that she thought we could go out on our own Tour, sometime after Claire and I come home from our honeymoon?”

“Yes, she did, but I didn’t realize you were giving it serious thought? What about school? What about going back to Cotillion, or Professional Competitions? Has all this money we’re making gone to your head? I have been worried about something like this, that you have fallen in love with being in the spotlight!” Annie professed.

“Are you ... going to let me answer any of those questions, Mom?”

“Sorry, Charles,” she smirked.

“Taking your questions in order; there will always be school, whether it’s Junior High, High School, Community College, Major University or a private Dancing College. Next, our style has evolved from amateur to better amateur, to professional and now we’re doing ‘show dancing,’ a different style from where we started. I am not saying that we couldn’t get back to where we were, but lately I have been asking myself the question ‘Why?’ The three of us are still something of a novelty, don’t you agree?”

“Yes, I suppose so – that’s right ... what’s your point?” she asked.

“Fame can be a fickle thing, Mom ... I see that. The money is a little intimidating, but we have the best Moms for the job, taking care of us, babysitting, chaperoning, and helping with various personal issues. While we are still a commodity, something people enjoy and will pay to see ... doesn’t it make sense to take advantage of the access to the people we have right now?”

“That’s what’s got me thinking of starting our own ‘Absotively, Posilutely Tour,’ starting New Year’s Day, or about eighty days after the wedding and our honeymoon in Hawaii. I thought maybe Sarah, you and I could sit down and talk to Michael, to find out how to actually set up a tour. You need places to perform, music to perform to, the right to perform it, and clothes to perform in...”

“Why are you laughing so hard mom, what did I say that was so funny?”

“The Absotively, Posilutely Tour! Really Charles? People won’t get that, will they?” she said, still chuckling a bit.

“Get what mom, what’s so wrong with calling our Tour that?”

“Well, people will see it, then realize it didn’t say what they first thought it said. So, they’d have to look at it again...”

“ ... You are a brilliant boy, Charles.”

“My mother is the brilliant one; smart, beautiful, willing to put up with an arrogant son who thinks the world revolves around him.”

“I just realized something Charles?” mom said with a really wicked smile coming to her face.

“What Mom?”

“You slipped in that you and Claire would be going to Hawaii on your honeymoon; what about us, I mean Sarah, Kalista and me?” she said with a bit of a whine in her voice.

“If you’ll look over the transcript of the proceedings, Mrs. Newman, you’ll find I said, ‘Our Honeymoon,’ everybody’s going. I figure we’ll book it when we’re there on our West Coast swing of the SST later in the year. Maybe we’ll use the same hotel that Sarah will put us in, only we’ll need to be on ... different floors, for obvious reasons.” I smiled a real big smile, “Quite possibly, we may need a different hotel from you guys.”

She slapped me on the shoulder.

“It sure seems to me that you have given a great deal of thought to all this, so let’s celebrate with a dip in the spa, Hot Stuff?” Annie said.

“Sounds good mom, meet you in the spa, wear your sexiest bikini, OK?”

“Only if you wear the speedo I bought you, Charles?”

“Oh, all right - see you in a few,” I smiled to her.

I went up and changed, grabbing a towel on my way. I got in the spa, when Mom came out in a ravishing purple bikini, as small as anything Sarah has ever worn. She got in and I laid back using her as a pillow, with the jets beating us both into submission. About 40 minutes later, the front door burst open, and you could hear Kalista at the top of her lungs yelling, “I am a C-cup, C-cup, C-cup – Yeah.”

Claire followed this in a sing-songy voice exclaiming, “Mine are bigger than yours are. Where are you, Charles?”

“OUT HERE with Mom.”

“Charles, guess what?” Claire came out to us saying.

“You are now a G-cup, my stunning fiancée?” I said as uninspiringly as I could.

“No, silly boy. They have grown so much, at fourteen and a half years old, I am a D-cup. The smallest a D-cup can be and still be a D-cup, but I am a D-cup. I’ll be bigger than my mother in no time at all,” Claire said, sounding very proud of herself.

Kalista rushed up to me saying, “Did you hear me when I came in Charles, I went from nothin’ to a C-cup in six months!”

Mom pulled me toward her and quietly said, “Eye contact, honey – maintain eye contact?”

Doing what my mom said, I got up and told both girls how proud I am. Sarah noticed I had been using Moms breasts for a pillow and they exchanged looks, including smiling at one another.

Forgetting I had speedos on, I got up and out of the spa, with Sarah, Kalista, and Claire all open-mouthed, as they all broke into giggles. I looked down, blushed and quickly put my towel around my waist and left to go to my room. I dried off and was dressed before Claire entered my room - without knocking.

“Claire, I don’t want to talk about...”

She had her mouth on mine in a heartbeat, surprising me as she pushed me down on my bed and started to lay on me, but before she could get settled, Sarah came in and grabbed her around the waist and pulled her off of me. She waved goodbye, with a humongous smile on her face.

“Change for dancing,” I said as she and Sarah left.

“MOTHER, PUT ME DOWN!” was clearly heard.

When I got downstairs, I saw the girls in some new dance clothes, with both of them practicing and stretching. Annie and Sarah were sitting on the sofa. Sarah was on the phone as I walked over to her.

“ ... So thank you boys. Coming to install the dance floor again is very nice of you. We’ll see you in the morning – around eight am? Wonderful.”

“Charles, you and your two dancers will have the dance floor by probably nine am or so tomorrow morning.”

“Thank you, Sarah. Once again you seem to be able to read my mind, don’t you?” I said looking deep into her eyes for a split second.

I announced, “Sit down everyone, please? Annie and I have some things to discuss with you.”

They all gathered round, with Claire getting up on my lap.

“Well, I would like Annie to lead a discussion on the feasibility that New Year’s Eve, about 80 days after the wedding and honeymoon, we start up our own Tour.”

Over the next hour and a half, everyone had ideas for the Tour; nobody mentioned school, other than in passing. Everybody liked the idea, the name and the concept. Nobody knew how to proceed, so Sarah volunteered to call Michael to come over, if possible, and discuss the ‘how-tos’ of Tour planning.

After the discussion was over, I called Kalista and Claire over to discuss a new opening number for us to perform on Tour. My idea would feature Kalista extensively, while Claire and I were also in it.

“Ladies, my idea involves the WICKED song, “I am Not That Girl” originally sung by Idina Menzel. The song starts with over 20 seconds, or eight measures of just music. My idea is that during those opening measures Claire and I dance, covering the floor and then move over, and continue to dance, in a much smaller circle. When the singing starts, Kalista would come out and perform a ballet style dance to Idina singing. She would from time to time, glance over meaningfully yearning to dance with me. She wouldn’t get to ... because she’s “Not That Girl?” Everybody understand?”

There was a group ‘yup.’

“Kalista, could you try to express the words being sung in your dance, making us all hope Claire would leave me, so you got your chance with the boy?”

K responded, “Charles, if that’s what you want from me, that is what I’ll do for you. Can I hear the song one time through, please? Annie could you bring me my ballet slippers please?” She sounded so mature, so suddenly.

“Certainly, Kalista,” mom picked up on it as well. I saw a tear on her face just before she went up the stairs.

K listened intently, occasionally trying something out, as she heard the music and the lyrics. When it was over, she said to start it whenever we wanted.

Claire and I took a quick moment to work out what we were going to do in the beginning. Kalista put on her ballet slippers and waited for Claire and me to be ready.

We restarted the music, with Claire and I doing our dance.

Just before the singing started, Kalista came to life running en pointe out to the middle of our dance area, performing moves I’d seen before, but also many ... I’d never seen, and they were inspiring. I glanced over Claire’s shoulder and saw that K was crying while she was dancing these moves. She’d brought herself deep inside the lyrics and brought them to life. Grand Jetés, Allegro Pirouettes and many Battements, a term I learned from the girls, meaning a kicking movement with the working leg.

She was performing many different types of these, still staying inside her character beautifully. She included some jumps, where both legs were off the ground for a split second, but in a different position with each landing of her feet. Her hands, arms and legs seemed to be perfectly attuned for the movements and positions she was doing. She even performed an Entrechat, which I only knew because Claire had done one before.

They must be teaching each other these ballet moves, and they made me feel so good that they would care so much. She finished with three consecutive double pirouettes as she backed up running, again en pointe, to leave Claire and I as if she’d never been there at all.

Everyone was in tears as Princess came up to me and asked, “Was that what you wanted Charles?” She was clearing her eyes of tears, using her palms

I lifted her and said, “That was the most beautiful set of ballet moves I have ever seen anyone do before in person, Princess. I am very proud of you. Do you and Claire want to swap now, with her doing the ballet work?”

“No, Charles – I’ll do it ... every time ... just like that,” K said, quite forcefully and matter of fact.

All of the ladies clustered around K giving her, her due. Kalista came of age today, doing that magnificent sequence of steps.

Claire put her ballet slippers on so we could rehearse ‘For Good.’ It went quite well, with Claire clearly feeling something of a newly competitive spirit between her and her half-sister.

We next rehearsed “Big Blue Earth” which seems to be developing into another signature piece for us.

We took a break with Sarah and Annie treating us all to homemade tacos, which we all have grown to love. With the stretching and the workout from dancing, I find I am in better shape than ever. The girls certainly are in great shape, and I mean that in all ways.

The Eagle Court of Honor came along. Claire helped me with my Eagle sash and neckerchief. I never felt prouder to be a Boy Scout. Sarah had let out my pants, telling me that I looked wonderful.

Our entire Troup 344, with our friends and family, were there to see my best friend Brian Fleming get seven additional Merit Badges, that included Leatherwork, Rifle Shooting, Sculpture, Photography, Cooking, Radio and Reading. I am certain either his Mom or Susan, helped him on his cooking.

An Eagle Court of Honor is the grandest ceremony a Scout can be a part of.

The District Commissioner usually runs the ECOH, and John Malladium indeed came to do that.

He announced:
“At this time, on behalf of the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America, I hereby convene this Court of Honor for the purpose of presenting the Eagle Scout Badge to Brian Samuel Fleming. Will everyone please stand, and will the escorts please bring forward the Eagle Scout Candidate to the front of the room?”

His escorts were Phillip Agabashian, Jeffrey Williams, and yours truly. After escorting him up I slapped him on the back and went back to my place.

The Commissioner proceeded:

“The Eagle Scout Badge is the highest youth award that can be earned by a member of the Boy Scouting program. It represents another step forward by the Scout toward the BSA’s goals of developing citizenship, imparting character development and enhancing personal fitness. While the Eagle Scout Badge is one of seven badges that the Scout earns, the achievement of the Eagle Scout badge is indeed the highest honor that a Scout may achieve.”

“Brian Fleming, will you please face the audience, raise your right hand in the Scout sign and please repeat the Scout Oath.”

He stood alone, raised his right arm to the square, and invoking the three-fingered Scout Salute:

“On my Honor, I will do my best;
To do my duty to God and my country,
And to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
Mentally awake, and morally straight.”

Brian did it and breathed a big sigh afterwards.

“At this time, I understand that your best friend, Charles Newman, another Eagle Scout, has something to say, on your behalf.”

I went up, turned around, took a breath and said, “Brian, we have been best friends since I can remember, maybe we met in kindergarten? I knew when I first talked to you that we would be lifelong friends, both in Scouting and otherwise.”

“Our families have also become great friends, with our mothers alternating over the years, taking us to field trips, little league, every scouting event we attended and more recently, to the Bradshaw Family Cotillion, where we both not only learned how to dance, but how to treat those around us, with respect and dignity. We also both got really pretty girlfriends out of it.”

There was a group chuckle and both Claire and Susan grinned and blushed.

“Since I will not see you much over the next two years, due to going on tour, I just want to say, ‘Scouting is Fun, So Everybody – Have Fun Scouting!’”

I walked over to Brian and gave him a great big hug as the crowd started hooting and hollering for a moment.

The Commissioner cleared his throat telling me it was time for me to leave the podium.

He called up our Scoutmaster, George Phillips.

“Eagle Scout Brian Fleming, I wish to congratulate you upon this achievement on behalf of the boys and adults of Troop 344. We are all extremely proud of your achievement and equally proud of your progress along the Scouting trail. As a small token of our pride in you, it is my honor to present this special neckerchief, emblematic of all Eagle Scouts everywhere, to you. Please wear this with pride in our program and with pride in your personal achievement.”

The Scoutmaster removed his old neckerchief and replaced it with the Eagle Scout Neckerchief. This is different from the NESA white neckerchief; this one is blue and silver.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.