25 January 2008
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

“For those of you following the game on NSN radio, Kingston will be skating from right to left for the first period,” Jim began.

The Referee raised his arm, and each goal judge flashed the red goal light, and he dropped the puck. Joel Cross and Matt Green battled for the puck, which was shot past the defence into the Kingston end. The Frontenacs soon discovered that the Falcons they faced weeks ago had developed into a much stronger playing team.

Each team demonstrated their pre-designed plays with ongoing, two- and three-way passing plays and end-to-end rushes. Solid-body checks made the boards and glass rattle, much to the delight of the young fans sitting in the front row. At times, the play seemed haphazard, scrambling with errant passes and board battles for puck control.

“Jim, you predicted a tight checking game, and it’s proving to be so with no score,” Mark commented at the ten-minute mark of the commercial break.

“Kingston seems to have stymied Brad Hayward’s attempt at fifty goals by so far allowing him no shots on net,” Jim added. “Hayward is doing his best to control his emotions and seems to be enjoying the added attention from the Kingston players.”

“We can see that his teammates are trying to set him up to score at least two goals tonight. I can feel the anticipation every time he touches the puck.”


“Play has resumed with Hayward fighting for puck possession along the boards at Kingston’s blueline. Hayward makes a blind pass cross-ice towards Mike Johnson that is intercepted by Will Carson! He and Brandon Clark now have a two-on-one against Rayous Grobenov. They’ve crossed the Falcons’ blueline with Hayward in hot pursuit!”

Grobenov skated backwards, defending against the attacking players, staying at the tip of a triangle between Carson and Clark. Grobenov favoured Carson, keeping his stick active and trying to prevent a passing play.

Brad skated hard, trying to catch up to Clark. Carson passed to Clark, and the Falcons’ goalie, Jason Bennett, slid cross-crease, anticipating Clark’s shot. Clark returned the pass to Carson. Grobenov was unable to check Carson well enough, and he scored into the mostly empty net.

The cheers from the Frontenac fans in the celebration were deafening as Brad skated to Jason. “I’m sorry, man. It was my fault for making such a stupid, fucking pass! I’ll make it up to you!”


Brad returned to the bench for a change of lines and the expected wrath from Coach Benson. Brad could feel a tap on his shoulder. “Brad, unless you’ve got an extra pair of eyes looking out the back of your helmet, be careful where you send a blind pass.”

He nodded, accepting his deserved criticism, and took a good swig of water. “Come on guys, let’s get one back for Jason!” He yelled, eagerly waiting for his next shift.

Brad’s next entry onto the ice was delayed by Kingston taking a two-minute penalty. He waited as the first power-play team took to the ice. They pressed hard in the Kingston end, with several shots fired from the point towards the net. Kingston iced the puck, allowing both teams to change players.


Mark’s clear, sharp voice brought the play to life for the TV viewers. “The second power-play line of Mitch Thompson, Dale Corbett, and Brad Hayward takes to the ice for the Falcons, with Justin Long and P.K. Subban continuing as the defence pairing!”

“Long passes up the left half boards to Thompson, who leads the rush up ice across the centre line! Not having a clear lane, Thompson fires the puck into the Kingston zone as he is body checked by Brandon Clark!”

“Hayward gives chase for the loose puck that evades Chris Manning behind his net! Hayward Battles against Ben Patricks and manages to pass along the boards to Subban! Subban evades the stick check from centerman Carson and fires a hot wrister towards the net that is blocked in front!”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.