How to Fly
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2017 by Crunchy

As I explained to you in the dream, it’s easy. It’s convincing your mind to achieve the required frame of self-reference to allow seamless reality switching despite negative counter belief from objective outside observation; which is difficult.

I call it the Neverland skill- If you believe you can fly harder than human gestalt says you can’t ... then you can.

It’s not even flying really, it is a leap of conviction, a jump which doesn’t land for awhile. Really fun, like skate-sliding on air for as long as you can keep the mind set.

Successful sessions lead to more consistant and longer duration glide times, but as a word of caution, skimming low is a preferable location if your trance of concentration falters.

The best I have tranced was seven seconds, under shocked disbelief of several childish observers. But children are more accepting of new things as they don’t yet imagine they know it all yet.

Then I had an inspiration which instantly overtook my imagination with total conviction, belief, and certainty: I needed some bullshit excuse to psudo-explain and excuse my glide-shift.

So I took a day-glo™ pink plastic board, shaped it, and applied neon -green flame decals and a white semi-translucent plastic dome shape with a dim flashing green light inside, some vaguely mechanical bits sticking out, and a Jetson’s sound effect.

I explained it as my sister’s hoverboard.

All the rage over in Japan, don’t you know. She can’t get it to work, so I have ‘borrowed’ it, and am already getting the knack of it. I’m sure you’ve seen the Toob vids.

A counter-magnet in my paddle-foot provided magnetic opposition to one in the ‘hoverboard’, allowing me to park the board in the air while I focused my head prior to mind gliding. It also stuck the board to my hind foot while frame-gliding, the front foot being held in a strap loop.

[If anyone opened the dome, I had filled it with electronic bits and wires and circuit boards galore, all pre-melted and slagged to indecipherable lumpishness, not that gobbledy-gook is actually decipherable to begin with.

The presumption hopefully would be that early non-invasive investigation triggered the melt-down timer and it cooked at a time it wasn’t being scrutinized. After all, it worked when they obtained it, right? ]

Heh heh, my deviousness astonishes even me. After all, we can’t have my B.S. reason allowing personal flight to be called into doubt, can we?

This bullshit explanation eliminated over 85% of the belief-gestalt resistance, and even provided positive expectation to my mind-slide. My new time glide was 20 seconds to touchdown. Almost triple in increase!

It was a blast, although I had to Zen out to avoid the exhiliration from dumping me out of the frame-slide. Still, I made dozens of 14 to 20 second ‘Neverland’ jaunts, in front of dozens of spectators. Outstanding!

By the way, I wanted to thank you for teaching me in the dream, your “dream drift” slowdown or time out, giving one time to decide how to react- you were right, it does become automatic in emergencies.

Also very useful was learning how to frame-shift for health and healing, I had several occasions to use it, a skinned elbow and a green-stick fracture of the wrist.

It was cool, and also easy, the mind set to ‘glide’ the wrongness aside, letting the wholesome human perfection of optimized wellness invest its proper avatar, being the same mind frame of openness to shifting or switching of the Consensus which permits the ‘Neverland’ glide, which admittedly is a name which greatly over-states the case.

I would just point out, that I have always had a crush on Tinkerbell. Anyway, not landing from a jump for 19 seconds can sure seem like you will never land. I have to really watch out that I don’t set limits which are not there, artificial ceilings of the mind’s self-limiting.

Zap, I got hit with a new conviction of certitude. It would work, it had to, our entire culture was weighed in precisely that sub-conscious acceptance.

If I wore a convincing super-hero costume, I should be able to convince everyone who saw me fly, that I could indeed fly, enough to permanently shift the consensus such that I would be able to reliably fly, while wearing the symbolism turning me into a flying ideation of the group-think.

I guessed, that at least in my own case, a secret identity would allow me to totally be the icon of ‘flying super-hero’ without the added baggage and doubt of also being ‘Fred Nerd’ as well.

Moreover, it was like role-playing The Paladin, you can’t break the white knight rescuer mold- As a flying super-hero I would have to be a do-gooder. Not that I was opposed to helping folks out, but it could get wearisome, so I suppose that is when the alter-ego of ‘Fred Nerd’ would come in handy.

No one expects him to save the day and put a beat-down on Godzilla.

So I needed a mask, which protected my everyday identity and allowed me to transform into Flying Super-hero man! I would also have to knock off with the hover-board, I wanted full flight consensus and didn’t think the ‘latest tech from Japan’ would hold up well. Got to have a believable B.S. excuse. giggle

like: ‘because it’s Flying Super-hero man!’. Sometimes the simple story is the most powerful.

I decided to make my anonymous safety-yellow costume functional, yet keep it friendly. My yellow full-face helmet had no visor, (vid-tec provided vision) so an emoticon was projected on the featureless round knob, sort of a cross between pac-man and Mr. Happy-face, which changed with my “feelings” showing surprise, concern, humor, annoyance. Just to keep my anonymity human.

My outfit was NOT skin-tight, being both bullet and fire resistant. I made the gloves look slightly cartoonish, and the armored boots added to the effect while also subliminally suggesting additional reasons which explained;

‘Of course Flying Super-hero man can fly- He’s Flying Super-hero man for goodness sakes! Are you stupid or something?’

I started simply, although it was nerve-wracking to be so high up without a net. I kept calm and knew I could maintain for 15 seconds no matter how high up I was. I focused on ferrying other terrified people trapped in a burning building beyond the reach of extension ladder trucks to another, non-burning building’s balcony nearby.

With each succeeding rescue, belief in ‘Flying Super-hero man’s’ ability to fly became more certain. It wasn’t any harder to lift someone than to frame-shift myself, and the last trip I carried two office girls one on each arm, showing off, I admit.

Being shown on the news flying about the city sure made disbelief difficult. My heads-up computer display showed us to be 72 feet above the street. Also, I had been air-borne for a maximum of 47 consecutive seconds, with out faltering.

Mr. Hero’s expression was a very big grin :).

And so far, so good, but I don’t know what the record for consecutive serial shared dreaming is. Likely, our two existences will diverge, although so far just the opposite seems true- the dream is getting stronger and clearer within my mind on waking, still gaining focus. So, is our entanglement permanent? who knows? I guess it is within crazy wild chance possibility.

It was difficult for me to understand that the only place the reality you exist in, and the reality in which I live, impinge upon each other, is in the dream. That almost makes you a figment of my imagination ... heh heh.

Already the straight-jacket of Paladin do-goodery was limiting my pure fun time, I was nostalgic for a moment of my three and five second early Neverland glides. On second thought, remembering how difficult it was to get that perfect frame of mind, compared to how easy it was now, I knew it was worth having to be the super-hero in order to fly like a super-hero. Can’t be Flying Super-hero man without the (bulky, anonymous) costume and the friendly expressions and helpful behaviors.

I hadn’t faltered!. I was beginning to achieve conviction that I could fly as long as I was awake. Well, I wouldn’t want to try it as Fred Nerd unless it was somehow an emergency. No more casual frame-skating.

Flying (in an anonymous costume) is where it is at, Baby! (while rescuing the unlucky and the idiotic). That was the price, and as long as I get my down-time as ordinary Fred Nerd, I can pay the Paladin vigourish vigil price. At least I have freedom of expressions. wink ;)

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.