The Pixie
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2017 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - After breaking up with his girlfriend Margeaux, Carter finds himself pursued by her pixie-like roommate Valerie. She maneuvers him into inviting her on what he regards as a pity date. To his surprise they click and rapidly go from classmates to friends to lovers. Then, Margeaux drops a bombshell on him with information about Valerie he would have rather not heard.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex  

Carter Drake sat in the campus union lunchroom regarding his laptop. “Hi, Carter.” He heard a girl’s voice and looked up.

“Hi, Valerie.” She was short, of medium build with a round face, upturned nose and short chestnut hair styled in a shaggy round bob with long bangs hanging over her eyebrows. Her hair gave her the appearance of wearing a helmet. Her large hazel eyes were wide-set and her broad mouth gave her an impish, pixie look. She wore a long-sleeved cotton blouse and tight-fitting jeans that accentuated her stocky legs.

“May I join you?” she asked.

Carter made a hand gesture that meant, go ahead. Valerie set down her tray.

“Carter — we’re throwing a floor party in our dorm this Saturday afternoon. We’ll have refreshments and one of the DJs from the campus radio station. You’d be welcome.”

“Will Margeaux be there?” he asked.

“You know she will be.”

“Then I’ll pass.”

“I thought you and Margeaux split on friendly terms.”

“Friendly enough,” he replied. “I just don’t see the need to rub salt into any wounds — hers or mine.” He glanced up at her. “This isn’t some half-assed scheme of yours to get us back together again, is it?”

“Not at all...” She picked open a carton of chocolate milk. “It’s just ... we all know you from when you were hanging around with Margeaux last term ... you’re sort of an honorary member of our unit.”

“I’m blocking out Saturday to do my report for Sorenson’s class,” he replied.

“Oh? What topic did you pick?”

“The Development of Armor in the Middle Ages. Why? What’s yours?”

“The Legend and Symbolism of the Dragon,” she replied. “I’m halfway done with mine. Haven’t you started, yet?”

“No — I’ve put it off long enough.” He pressed a button on his laptop to put it into hibernation and picked up his lunch detritus. “I have a class and a lab and then it’s to the library for material for Sorenson’s report.” Carter packed his laptop into his pack and carried his tray to the trash receptacle.


Scanning through the stacks Carter looked at the callout numbers on the books’ spines. He referred to a reference jotted on a slip. Not finding it he headed for the table where his notebook sat. A consultation with the library’s online catalog showed his title was checked out.

“Are you finding what you need?” Carter looked up and saw Valerie pushing a cart piled with books.

“I didn’t know you worked here.”

“Yeah — it’s called work-study.”

He showed her the slip. “I’m looking for Dane’s History of Medieval Warfare. The catalog says it’s checked out.” He began looking through the books on her cart. “Are you re-filing these? Is it in here?”

“It’s not here,” she replied. “I have it checked out.”

“YOU have it?”

“Yes — it’s on Sorenson’s bibliography. I thought it looked interesting and I thought it might help me with my report.”

“But — your report is on dragons.”

“There might be something in it I can use.”

“Valerie — are you trying to sabotage my report?”

“I’m not, Carter. I can go get it for you ... or...”

“Or, what?”

Valerie bit her lip and glanced toward the ceiling. “Let me think of something.”

“You go think of something,” he replied and turned to his keyboard.

“I’ll be back after filing these books and we can talk about it.”

“Fine...”

Valerie pushed the empty cart toward Carter’s table. She stood behind him, looking over his shoulder. “You know — Sorenson won’t let us use Wikipedia.”

“I know that. I also know that the articles — at least, the better written ones — all have bibliographies of their own. Sorenson’s isn’t the only source of reference material.”

“Carter — I can go get Dane’s book if...”

“If I come to your party on Saturday. Forget it, Valerie. I don’t need your stinkin’ copy. I found another one.”

“Really? Where?”

“State...”

“They have a copy at State?” she asked.

“Not State, here ... State at Victor has a copy. I just checked it out on intercampus loan.”

“Victor? That’s a hundred fifty-mile drive ... one way. Are they gonna mail it to you? Will you get it in time?”

“No need — it turns out their copy is an ebook. I just finished downloading it.” He turned the screen toward her. “See? This will be better yet — I can do screen grabs of the illustrations.” He picked up a card with some callouts. “And, our library has all of these. Have fun at your party, Valerie.”

Carter stepped into the stacks and took down titles. He switched off his laptop, carried the books to the checkout desk and then stuffed them into his backpack.

He hiked to his dorm, scanned his ID for entry into the building and climbed the stairs to his room. With his key he unlocked the door to his suite. One of his roommates was sitting at a table, studying chess moves. “Hi, Leon.”

“Hey, Carter.”

He stripped off his backpack. “The damnedest thing happened,” Carter remarked.

“What?

“I was at the library, getting material for that report for Sorenson’s class. I ran into Valerie Jessup. Did you know she works there?”

“I haven’t noticed her there.”

“Well — she asked me if I can find what I need. I told her I’m looking for Dane’s book on medieval warfare. She says, oh — I have it.”

“She had it checked out?”

“Yeah — This happened after she accosted me at lunch with an invite to a floor party. I figure Valerie is plotting with Margeaux to get me back in her good graces.”

“They are roommates,” Leon remarked.

“I can figure only two reasons for Valerie to have the book — THE book, Leon, the go-to source on medieval warfare.” He held up a finger “One — as a bargaining chip to get me to their lame party, or...”

“Or, what?”

“Or, two — a deliberate attempt to sabotage my grade in Sorenson’s course. If that’s the case, I’ll bet Margeaux put her up to it.”

“I thought you and Margeaux split on good terms,” Leon replied.

“I thought so, too — but you know what they say about a woman scorned. Anyway, I outsmarted her. I found a copy of Dane’s book at State Victor — as an ebook I could check out, electronically.”

“How does that work?”

“I check it out and their system lets me download a copy. It sets the DRM to expire in two weeks.” He powered up his laptop and showed his roommate the screen. “I had to download a reader client. If I finish with it early I can do an electronic return — which wipes the book on my end and clears it for someone else to check out. It’s pretty slick — if Valerie hadn’t tried her dumb-ass stunt I’d never have considered it.”

“Cool. How much you wanna bet if you check tomorrow, Dane’s book will be back on the shelf?”

“That’s not a bet I’ll take. Going to dinner?”

“Sure — let me get my wallet.”


Carter unhooked his laptop from the classroom’s projector. He powered it off and stuffed it into his backpack. The bell rang and he headed into the corridor. “Carter!”

He turned to see Valerie sprinting to catch up to him. “Valerie — what do you want?”

“I really enjoyed your report, Carter. I thought it was neat you went to the trouble to make a piece of chain mail to pass around.”

“Thanks, Valerie. For the record, it’s called mail. Chain mail refers to sending nuisance letters. If you’ll excuse me — I’m going to the union to get something to eat. The prospect of giving one of these powerpoints makes me sick to my stomach so I skipped breakfast. I need something to hold me ‘til lunch.”

“Do you mind if I walk with you?”

“It’s a free campus.” He headed down a flight of stairs to the sidewalk.

“I feel the same way,” she replied. “I’m terrified of giving presentations, too.”

“I thought you did a good job,” he replied.

“Thanks...”

“The curve-killer is going to be Ivan. His report on medieval music — I was in awe.”

“Yeah — me, too.”

“All that detail with modes and tunings ... polyphony ... That’s what you get from a musician.”

“Carter — I wanted to apologize for the business about Dane’s book...”

They reached the union. Carter opened the door and held it for her. She stepped inside and he regarded her — today she wore tight jeans and a short-sleeved, scoop-necked top.

Carter stood looking at the menu board. “Maybe nachos ... I know — soft pretzel.”

“That sounds good,” Valerie replied.

He stepped to the counter. “Two soft pretzels,” he said.

“Cheese?”

“Yes, please,” Valerie replied.

“Anything to drink?”

“I’ll have a medium Coke,” Valerie added.

“One cheese and water for me,” Carter stated.

“Seven eighty-four,” the attendant replied.

Valerie opened her bag. “I have two ones.”

Carter opened his wallet and withdrew a five and two singles. He took one of her singles, added it to his bills and handed it across the counter. “You can owe me the rest.”

Carter carried the tray to a table. Valerie sat across from him. She tore off a chunk of her pretzel, dipped it in the melted cheese sauce and bit off some. “Mmm ... This was a good idea.” She sipped her soda.

“You were saying...”

“Oh. I was trying to apologize for the book business, Carter. Believe me, I wasn’t trying to sabotage your grade and I’m really happy you found another copy of that book. It was a stupid idea on my part...”

“What was your idea?”

“I’m embarrassed to say it, now ... I’m happy your report turned out okay, Carter. It was interesting and it looked complete and well-done.”

“I was surprised at how thorough you were with your presentation,” he replied. “I mean — I see you sitting in class but I never see you participate.”

“That’s just my style — I like to sit and absorb.”

“Do you like Sorenson’s course?” he asked.

She shrugged. “I enrolled because I thought it would be an easy A. Turned out I was wrong. I’m working harder than ever for a stupid humanities elective.”

“If you want easy courses,” he said, “you need to get your hands on the list the athletic department keeps for the jocks.”

“Is there such a list?”

“If you ask they’ll deny it. But my freshman year I roomed with a guy on the Lacrosse team and he had the list. It was a photocopied sheet with course names and numbers.”

“Really? What courses?”

“I can’t remember ... some of the sociology courses I think. And, some of the applied arts classes.”

“I don’t think we can take those as electives,” she remarked. “I assumed that Life and Culture in the Middle Ages would be easy.”

“Don’t you find it interesting?” he asked.

“Yes, but there’s so much detail to remember.”

“I’ve always been fascinated with the middle ages,” he replied. “It comes easy for me.”

“So I gathered ... That was my stupid idea, Carter — that if I had the book you needed that maybe you’d agree we could work together on our projects and I could...”

“Pick my brain?”

“Of sorts. And, get to know you. I also thought maybe if that worked out then...”

“Then what?”

“Then maybe you’d ask me out.”

“You wanted me to ask you out?”

She drew in a deep breath and released it as a sigh. “Forget it, Carter. Is there something about me you don’t like? Something that turns you off?”

“No, Valerie. There’s nothing about you I dislike. It’s just...”

“Just what?”

“Well — I don’t know you. You were always lurking in the background when I’d come over to spend time with Margeaux. You’re an unknown quantity to me.”

“I thought you and Margeaux looked so good together,” she replied. “I was envious of her ... and surprised when she told me you broke up. Why did you?”

“It wasn’t working out,” he replied. “Margeaux needed more attention than I could give her, and I won’t say more. Maybe you should ask her why it didn’t work out.”

“Margeaux and I aren’t very friendly. In fact, she’s kinda frosty toward me.”

“I’m surprised. I thought you were buds. Besides, my grades were beginning to suffer and I can’t afford more than one B in a semester — otherwise I could lose my scholarship.”

“You’re lucky to have one. My parents earn just enough so I don’t qualify. So — I have loans and this semester I was forced to take work-study.”

“At the library?”

“Yeah — at least it’s not scrubbing toilets.”

“I have a President’s scholarship,” he added.

“That’s a merit scholarship isn’t it?” she replied. “I’m impressed, Carter.”

“Yeah, but I need to keep a 3.5 GPA or I lose it.”

“Is it a free ride?” she asked.

“No — it covers about two thirds. I have a small inheritance from my grandparents that covers the rest.”

“So — no loans. I envy you, Carter.”

“If you wanted to go out — why didn’t you just ask me?”

“I guess I’m kind of old-fashioned,” she replied. “I think the guy should do the asking.”

“In this day and age?”

“Also — I’m kinda bad at handling rejection.”

Carter glanced at her round pixie face and into her big, wide-set eyes. “Do you remember Ivan saying he belongs to an early music group — the Plantagenet Consort?”

“Yeah, I think so...”

“He said they’re giving a recital Friday evening. I thought I’d go to it — it’s a chance to hear some really old music. Would you like to come with me?”

She broke into a wide smile. “I’d love to, Carter. Where is it?”

“Someplace at State. I’ll have to look it up ... or ask Ivan. I’ll call you or email you with the details.”

“I’d like that.” She locked her hands behind her head and leaned back. “That snack hit the spot. It was a good idea.”

“Well — I have a lab to get to.” He stuffed the paper from his pretzel into his cup, picked up his backpack and tossed the cup into the trash.


Carter unlocked his dorm room door and sat at his desk, planting his elbows on the surface and holding his forehead. His roommate stepped in from the room’s bathroom.

“I have a splitting headache,” Carter said. “I just came from O-chem lab. All the solvents there ... I think I floated here.”

“Don’t they have fume hoods?”

“Not enough. I think it has to do with the pecking order of the various chem profs. Rosen, who teaches inorganic analytic — his lab has a dozen fume hoods, but he never uses them. Potter — the organic guy — his lab has half as many and they’re always in use. It’s first-come, first-serve. I took four aspirin. I hope it dissipates.”

“Serves you right for being a chem major.”

“By the way — I have a date on Friday.”

“Are you back together with Margeaux?”

“No. I have a date with Valerie Jessup.”

“Valerie? Should I congratulate you or not?”

“I wouldn’t,” Carter replied. “In fact, I’m not really sure how it happened. She tagged along with me to the union for a mid-morning snack ... for which she owes me two-fifty. It turns out her ploy with the book wasn’t an attempt to sabotage me or to hook me back up with Margeaux. She planned on using the book to lure me into working together on our projects...”

“Your ebook discovery quashed that notion.”

“Exactly. In her scheming mind, the two of us working together would lead to a string of events culminating with me asking her out. Like that would happen.”

“But — you asked her out. Her scheme worked.”

“God, Leon — it’s more of a pity date. She gave me big, sad puppy-dog eyes and said how she doesn’t take rejection well. I’d feel like a jerk if I didn’t.”

“You have empathy,” Leon remarked.

“Yeah, I have empathy. My mom always said I was a sensitive boy.”

“Empathy is a weakness,” Leon replied. “Too much isn’t a good thing.”

“Right ... spoken like a true Objectivist. To top it, after we agreed to the date she put her hands behind her head...” Carter laced his fingers behind his neck. “ ... she leaned back and I saw them.”

“Saw what?”

“Hairy armpits.”

“Yuck!” Leon exclaimed. “I hope she isn’t some hairy-legged radical feminist.”

“If she is, why would she want a date with me? I thought those were all lesbians. At any rate, the die was cast and I couldn’t back out of an invitation I had just made.”

“Where are you taking her?” Leon asked.

“We’re going to an early music recital over at State. Ivan — a kid in our class — is also a musician and he joined an early music group over there.”

“State lets Techies join?”

“It’s not a sanctioned club — just some students on their own, mostly Staties. One of them signed out a recital hall so that’s where we’re going. Once the recital is over, I’ll walk her back to her place and it’s finito.”

“She lives in Whalen, yes?” Leon asked.

“Correct.”

“That’s the nicest dorm on campus — all singles.”

“Each unit has four single bedrooms sharing a common lounge and bathroom,” Carter interjected.

“I’ve never been inside the place,” Leon replied.

“I know it well since Valerie and Margeaux are in the same unit. Valerie’s bedroom is next door to Margeaux’s.”

“Well,” Leon remarked, “it seems to me that Valerie is a bit of a musician, too. She played you like a fine instrument.”

“I guess she did. She is definitely not my type.”

“Yeah — she is a little strange. At least she’s not an embarrassment to be seen with.”

“Provided she wears long sleeves, that is.”


Carter stood outside Whalen. He sent a text to Valerie’s phone and shortly he saw her step through the lobby door. She wore a green cardigan over a white blouse, a denim skirt and knee socks. Her eyes met his and she smiled broadly. At least her arms are covered, he thought.

“It’s quite a hike over to State,” Carter remarked, “but if we hurry we can take the Tech shuttle down to the lower campus. That’ll get us more than halfway there.”

“Okay.”

The two headed to the corner at a brisk walk and boarded the shuttle mini-bus. “I am really looking forward to this,” she said. “I love music.”

“What genres do you like?” he asked.

“Oh, just about anything that’s well done. I don’t care for hair metal, though — too loud and too jarring.”

“I’m with you there. My taste is rather eclectic. I’m partial to acoustic folk and some new-age stuff.”

The bus crossed the river and stopped at the corner of Tech’s old lower campus. Together Carter and Valerie began the walk to State. “Do you know where we’re going?” she asked.

“I have a general idea. I’ve been here a couple of times, mainly for inter-library loan.” He took his phone out and regarded a map. “Over here...”

They sat together in the recital hall. Carter nudged her and pointed. “There’s Ivan,” he said.

“What’s his instrument?” she replied.

“It looks like a lute.”

“Where do you get a lute these days?”

The consort was a quintet. In addition to Ivan were a young man playing an Irish bodhran, a young woman with a recorder and other wind instruments, another woman with a large viol and a man with a rebec.

The rebec player appeared to be the group’s leader and he spoke to the audience describing the music they were about to play.

The first number started with Ivan plucking the main melody. More instruments joined as the tempo and ornamentation increased. Carter glanced at Valerie. She was sitting, back straight, in her seat. Her hands in her lap and her eyes closed. The corners of her mouth were drawn back in a closed-lipped smile.

The performance ended and she leaned toward him. “That was beautiful,” she whispered.

“Very nice,” he replied.

The recital ended and the audience filed out. With Valerie at his side, Carter approached Ivan. “That was really great,” he said. “Where do you get a lute in this day and age?”

“This isn’t a lute — it’s an oud,” Ivan replied.

“An oud?” Carter asked.

“Yes — from Turkey. My mother is of Turkish descent. These are played today over there. It also works well for early music.”

“That bowed instrument your leader plays,” Carter sad. “What was that?”

“Kyle? He plays a rebec. He made that himself.”

“That’s amazing. I thought you all performed beautifully.”

“It was wonderful,” Valerie added. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Ivan replied.

Carter escorted Valerie out the door to the sidewalk. “Ready for the long trek back to the dorms?” he asked. “I don’t think the shuttle is running any more tonight.”

“I don’t mind the walking,” she replied. “That was a beautiful concert, Carter. Thanks for suggesting it.”

“No ... no problem.”

“It was beautiful ... wonderful colors.”

“Colors?”

“What I meant was, the tonalities are so different from modern music.”

“I agree. What does color have to do with it?”

Valerie glanced up at him. “Carter — I don’t want you to think I’m a freak. I ... I see sounds.”

“You see sounds?”

“Yeah. It’s called synesthesia — I have some nerves crossed in my brain. When I hear a sound, I also see it.”

“Can you ... see us talking?”

“No. I can’t see language. Pure sounds I see. Different tones I see as different colors — like dancing, colored shapes shifting and shimmering before my eyes. Music is especially beautiful and tonight’s was even more so.”

“I’ve heard of people using psychedelic drugs experiencing that sort of thing.”

“I’ve never used any recreational drugs,” she replied. “I don’t even drink.”

“How long have you had this ... condition?”

“For as far back as I remember,” she replied. “I can’t recall ever not having it. In fact, it’s so natural for me, I think I was in fifth grade before I realized not everyone has it. It is a documented phenomenon, Carter.”

They reached the corner. “Would you like to take a rest in the union before heading back up the hill?” he asked. “Maybe have some hot chocolate?”

“I would like that and I’m buying,” she replied. “That should square us up for the pretzels earlier.”

Carter found a table and watched as Valerie stood by the counter to place an order. She bent over, slid down one of her knee socks and scratched her shin before pulling it back up. At least she shaves her legs, he thought, there goes Leon’s theory...

Valerie brought the cups to the table and sat across from him. He sipped from his. “Tell me more about your condition,” he said.

“It’s not a condition,” she replied. “There’s no cure. It’s ... how I was born.”

“When you hear sounds, what do you see?”

She held her hands before her face. “I see colors in my field of vision. The colors shapes and movement depend on what I’m hearing. Like, if someone dropped a tray of dishes, I’d see that as a silvery flash. A car horn is more like an orange blob.”

“It must be terribly distracting,” he remarked.

“I’ve been this way all my life, so I know how to cope,” she said. “The sounds don’t obscure my field of vision — they only color it. You’re right, though, it can be a distraction. I can’t have tunes on in the car if I’m driving. I’ll never walk down the street with ear buds in. I keep ear plugs in my purse in case I’m shopping some place with loud background music and I need to block it out.”

“And, conversation...”

“Nothing. You could shout oaths at me and I’d see nothing.”

“I guess that makes sense,” he said. “I recall reading that language is processed in one hemisphere of the brain and other sounds are processed in the opposite one.”

“I hadn’t heard that, but it would explain it.”

Carter drained his cup. “Done?” he asked.

“Yeah. This was a good idea — it really hit the spot.” She handed him her empty and he tossed them in the trash container.

Together they made the hike toward the dorms. “Sounds like things are getting rowdy at Gamma Nu,” Carter remarked as they passed the white Victorian mansion turned fraternity house.

“I’m surprised they haven’t been shut down,” Valerie replied, “especially after the cops broke up that party last month. They found drugs ... arrested some kids.”

“I heard about that. It’s a local frat so there’s no national oversight.”

“I avoid them. I’ll avoid any guy wearing a Goonie jacket. If I see one approaching I’ll cross the street or duck into a shop. You’re not into the Greek scene, are you, Carter?”

“No. I have no interest in that.” Carter pressed the button for a walk signal at the corner of Tech’s upper campus.

“Good,” she replied. “Neither do I.”

The light changed and he escorted her to the lobby of her dorm.

“Carter — I had a really great time tonight,” she said with a broad smile.

“So did I.” He looked into her round face. “Would you like to go out again?”

Her smile widened further, giving her face its pixie look. “Oh, I would, Carter. I would love to.”

“Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

“Saturday ... I have work-study at the library ‘til they close.”

“When’s that?”

“Seven. I’ll miss dinner at the cafeteria.”

“Suppose I bring you something you can have on your break?”

“You can do that?” she asked.

“If I’m sly enough I can probably slip a ham sandwich out of the cafeteria.”

She smiled again. “I’d like that, Carter. We have sodas in the break room. I have a break at five.”

“After you’re done, we could go to the Sweet Bean. They have live music on weekends.”

“Okay. I’m looking forward to it.”

“Me, too. Well — good night, Valerie.”

“Good night. See you tomorrow.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.