Despicable Beauty
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

We were walking back toward the condo when Belinda and Grace came out. Belinda gave John a hug and then passed him to Grace. She then gave Morris a hug and a kiss on his cheek. She then melted into my arms after giving me a hard, long kiss on the lips.

We came up for air to see three grinning faces looking our way. I grinned. “It’s tough. She’s a handful.” I grinned some more watching the three snicker. I continued, “Let’s go eat. I’m buying.” Morris rode with us in Belinda’s car. John and Grace followed in theirs after quickly changing clothes. I noticed the gates stuck open again as always. I thought out loud, “This business about the gates is really getting tiresome.”

Morris said, “I think I’ll go with you to the HOA meeting. Something has to be done to fix the issue and to put the board on notice.”

I nodded. Belinda had been holding my hand and squeezed it.

We went to Golden Corral again. They had something for everyone. We all ate heartily and enjoyed the conversation. The HOA met tomorrow in the clubhouse and all of us would be there. Joel would not be happy.

Belinda and I spent the night together holding each other deliciously. In the morning, we went to work. The gates were stuck open. I pulled out of the way and walked back to the gate. I placed a piece of clear tape where it would fall if the gate closed. I went on to work.

On the way home, I stopped at the gate and checked. It hadn’t been closed all day. I pulled in and checked the area but saw no unfamiliar cars. Belinda drove in my drive and parked. We went to change and eat a quick supper. We met Grace and John walking over to the meeting. Morris was already there.

The meeting was called to order and went through all the reports. I noticed that the treasurer’s report had no expenditure for the gate’s repair. Nathan, the chair, moved to new business and then to old business. Grace stood to be recognized. Nathan said, “Miz Anderson, please go ahead.”

“It’s Missus. I know the board was supposed to get something done after the last meeting about the gate. It still isn’t fixed and, not surprisingly, there has been no expenditure reported. A woman was almost raped before that last meeting because of uninvited people at the pool. Last evening, another woman was accosted and her abduction only prevented by my husband and others getting involved. When is the board going to do something? Surely, you aren’t waiting for someone in the complex to be hurt or killed?”

“No, Missus Anderson. Joel, you were tasked with calling for the repair and following up to be sure it was accomplished. What has happened?”

“Err. I forgot. I was busy with work.”

The minutes to these meetings were recorded. I stood to be recognized. After being recognized, I said, “This issue was brought to a member of the board who had actual notice of the problem with the open gate at the pool party. I spoke at the last meeting warning of the problems that have since occurred. I trust the board and members are adequately insured because there is, I think, enough for a suit already. Waiting will make it worse. If someone who lives in this complex is killed or injured due to the failure of the board, we will all be sued as members of the HOA. Lady and gentlemen, this needs to be fixed and that needs to occur immediately. I am very concerned. I and others have concealed carry permits. I know that I have been going and will continue to go armed in the complex because of my fear for my life and for the lives of my friends and neighbors.” I pulled my pistol and its holster around to my side so it may be seen. There were gasps upon my making my armed state obvious.

After voting unanimously for the chair to call first thing tomorrow, the meeting broke up. Belinda stood between Morris and me. She held onto me and flashed her ring to any who would look at it. Being a very good looking woman, she had most of the people looking at her. I had a few tell me that they hoped I would run for the board in the fall. One man said, “You’ve been in the forefront of watching over the complex including protecting members from threats from the outside and from the inside.” Others agreed. Joel watched but wasn’t happy. He knew that his failure had probably damaged his chances of becoming chair beyond repair. I hoped he would learn rather than blame me.

The five of us started to leave for my condo. I noticed that one of the single women had asked Morris if he would walk her home after some time at my place. Morris agreed though was slightly awestruck. I had to admit she was quite good-looking.

Once inside, the girl took Morris to the couch and sat him down. She sat down beside him very closely. John sat on the couch with Grace in his lap. I was directed to my easy chair by Belinda who took possession of my lap.

She looked at the rest. “I’m glad that’s settled. Hopefully, this time, it will result in repairs being performed quickly.”

Belinda looked at the newcomer to our little group. “Since Morris is awestruck, who are you? I want to know who is kidnapping my friend.”

“I’m Lois Stevens. I’m not kidnapping him. He’s helping me. He agreed to walk me home so I will feel safe.”

Belinda grinned. “You might tell him to put his arm around you so you don’t get cold.”

She looked at Morris who followed Belinda’s suggestion immediately. The six of us sat comfortably. Grace said, “That was an interesting meeting. Steve, do you think something will happen this time?”

“Yes. Actually, I think Joel would have managed to remember to call this time if he had the chance. His failure was embarrassing to him and costly politically. I just hope he learns and doesn’t just blame me.”

Morris said, “Continue to carry until after the gate is back up.”

Lois asked, “Morris, where is your pistol?”

“It’s in my car. I will get it out when I escort you home. I will be carrying around here until after the gate is fixed.”

John said, “I’ll let mine stay in the car unless there is a pool party that Grace wants to attend.”

Grace said, “I won’t worry.”

We hung around a little longer before Morris and Lois left along with John and Grace. I stood at the door until Morris pulled his pistol from his car and belted it on. I went back in and closed the door. I sat back down on the easy chair with Belinda climbing into my lap. “Steve, I’m sorry that I keep needing to be rescued. I appreciate you for doing that. I love you for more than that. Much more.”

I said, “I love you, Belinda. If I can do anything about it, nothing bad will happen to you.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.