Despicable Beauty - Cover

Despicable Beauty

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

Chapter 8

We walked to my place and got in my car. I drove us to a restaurant.

We were seated by the hostess. Belinda’s eyes looked troubled. She took a deep breath and said, “What happened, Steve?”

“The two guys from Charles’ place brought a friend. I intercepted them before anything could happen. I have warned them about returning. All three have broken little fingers on their left hands. If they return, it will be much worse.”

I looked at her and smiled grimly. “I protect those I care about.”

“Steve, am I one of those?”

“Very much so.”

“Thank you. I don’t think I deserve your protection.”

“Why not?”

“Steve, this situation is brought on by my past. I know God has forgiven me but there seem to be consequences from my past actions that may haunt me the rest of my life.”

“Belinda, I disagree. This will pass. Those trying to entrap you in your past behavior are finding that following that route doesn’t work and can be painful. Just give things some time. You went with Charles for three years?” She nodded. “You’ve been making changes for less than a month now and real heart changes for only a week. Give things time to change with you. This is what Paul meant when he wrote that we ‘work out our salvation with fear and trembling.’ Sometimes, it’s easy. Sometimes, it’s not. I’ll be with you all the way.”

Our waiter came and Belinda asked his pardon because we had been talking rather than looking at the menu. I asked for cheese dip and beers while we looked. He smiled and went to put that request in. By the time he returned with the appetizer and beers, we were ready and ordered. We ate chips with cheese dip and talked and laughed about inane things.

“Steve, are we going to Sunday school and church tomorrow?”

“I am and I hope you will ride with me.”

“Steve, I will go anywhere you will take me, particularly, church.”

I smiled at her. I was about to say something when our food arrived. Belinda asked to pray and I nodded. “God, thank You for this time and this meal. Help me be the kind of person who reflects honor on You by my life. Thank You for Steve and his love. Help us to find the path for us that You want us to take. In Jesus’ name, Amen.” I echoed her, “Amen.”

We dug in and found our food to be delicious.

We finished our meal, I paid, and we left. I pulled in at my condo and we went inside. Sitting on the couch, I said, “Do you want anything to drink?”

“No, Steve. I want to sit here with your arms around me. I feel safe and comfortable. That’s good.”

I joined her on the couch and put my arms around her pulling her close. We sat comfortably that way for a long, quiet time.

It was late when we moved. We stood and kissed. She said, “Until tomorrow morning, Steve.” She smiled. “If you will come over about eight twenty, I will feed you breakfast.”

I smiled. “I will be glad to be there, Belinda.” She smiled back and we kissed lingeringly. I walked her home and kissed her again. The night was quiet.

In the morning, I dressed and drove to her place arriving at eight twenty. She met me at the door with a hug and kiss. “Good morning, Steve. I have coffee and breakfast is almost ready.” I followed her into her kitchen. She was wearing slacks that were on the edge of being tight. Her bottom looked fabulous as she walked. I followed her willingly.

She poured coffee and showed me the creamer and sugar. I just grinned and sipped. She went to the stove and placed our food on plates which she brought to the table. When she sat down, she took my hand and prayed for this day and for God to bless us as we went through it.

The food was an omelet with hash browns. Both were excellent. We finished eating and left for the church. We went into the Sunday school classroom holding hands. Jim immediately noticed.

He said, “That looks like the friendship is escalating.” He grinned.

I smiled, “It might appear so.” I grinned. “Another explanation might be that she gets lost easily and I am just holding her hand to keep her from wandering away and into trouble.”

I could tell that Belinda was undecided about how to take all that. I gave her hand a light squeeze though didn’t release it. She grinned. “It’s just that he wants people to think he’s attractive enough that a pretty girl will let him hold her hand.”

Sarah and her husband came in behind us and Sarah said, “Continue to take pity on him, Belinda. He needs all the help he can get.”

We all laughed. On that fun note, Jim started the class. It was well taught with Jim answering questions. Belinda asked a few. No one laughed at her questions though one in particular displayed her lack of knowledge of Christianity. Jim asked me to pray to dismiss us and send us into worship. I did. I hadn’t released Belinda’s hand the entire time.

We went into the sanctuary and worshiped. During most of that time, we held hands and were always close. At the end of the service, we would meet members of the class for lunch. Belinda asked if we delay a few moments to talk to Pastor Doug. I nodded.

She said, “Pastor Doug, could I speak with you a moment?”

“Of course. It’s Belinda, isn’t it?”

“Yes. Thank you for remembering.”

He smiled. “Pretty girls’ names are ‘not’ difficult to remember. That’s particularly true when you seem attached to Steve.”

Belinda smiled. “I guess that’s true. I feel safe with Steve’s hand in mine. I have become a Christian and want to join the church. What do I need to do?”

“Have you ever been baptized?”

“No, sir. I’ve read about it in my Bible though.”

“We would need to baptize you and then have you give the membership vows. We could do that next week. There is a class starting next Wednesday evening on membership. It’s open to all. I know there will be a couple there, some teens, as well as some who will sponsor them.” He looked at me. “Steve, will you bring her as her sponsor?”

“Sure. I will be honored.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.