Despicable Beauty
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

She gave a delightful shake. “I want to talk more about church and a Christian life. Steve, you know about those and I would like to learn.”

“Have you ever read the Bible?”

“No, Steve. I don’t even own one.”

I was only slightly surprised. “I can cure that deficiency right now. I stood and went upstairs to the other bedroom and its bookcase. I pulled a Bible from the shelf and turned. She was nose to nose with me. I hadn’t realized that she had followed me. I handed the Bible to her.

“This is a nice room.”

“Thank you. I like books and always wanted a study room. This seems to work well for me.”

“Could we sit here?”

I nodded. There was a desk against a wall with a comfortable office chair before it. There was another comfortable chair with an ottoman in the room. She sat. I sat in my desk chair turned to face her.

“That is an American Standard version Bible. It is a reasonably modern translation and reads easily. That are many versions that are good. This is just one.”

“Thank you, Steve.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Where should I start?”

I smiled. “Many people have an opinion and most are different. Anywhere works. Many people including me recommend starting with Mark in the New Testament. It’s the shortest of the Gospels. The four Gospels tell the story of Jesus with different emphases. Mark is a good first stop. After that, I recommend Philippians. It’s a short one but Paul, who wrote it, talks of Christian life.”

She nodded. “Steve, what is Sunday school. You mentioned that when you invited me.”

“It’s what it sounds like. For kids, Sunday school is divided by age. For adults, it’s less about age and more about interests and situations. It’s an opportunity to learn about the Bible and Christian life. It’s also a group exercise.

“You’ve met me and three other members of the Sunday school class I attend. Belinda, I again extend an invitation to attend. Actually, we are studying Mark. Jim Givens is a great teacher and you know him from lunch.”

She smiled. “I know Jim. He’s almost as good a guy as you.” She grinned. “I bet you are a good Bible teacher.”

“I have taught before. In addition to the Bible, there are some good books worthy of study. I particularly like the books of C. S. Lewis. He was an English writer and professor. He’s better known as the writer of the Narnia series of books.”

“Wow, Steve! I’ve read that entire seven book series. I loved them, still do. I don’t have a library but I do have a set of those at my place. I always found there was a magic about them.”

I smiled. “That’s now what he’s best known for. He is a great Christian writer. He also wrote a science fiction trilogy starting with ‘Out of the Silent Planet.’ Lewis’ work has aged well.”

I thought a moment. “I have a copy of a short one of his that is a fun read though it will grab you, too. It’s ‘The Screwtape Letters.’ Would you like it?”

“Yes, please.”

I reached over into a bookshelf and pulled a copy for her. “I hope you enjoy it.”

She looked at me very directly. “I expect to. I don’t think you lead people wrong.”

I smiled. After a few moments, I stood. She stood, too. “Thank you, Steve. I guess I need to be going. I hope to see you around.”

“At least on Sunday. Remember, Sunday school starts at nine forty-five.”

She left and I went back to sitting on the couch and watching what was left of the race.

At work, I had placed a few more orders with Action. I was still watching performance. I graded vendors on their products, delivery, and accounting. Action’s products had never been a problem but delivery and dealing with their accounting department had not been fun. All had been going well thus far. I was glad for my sake and for Belinda. I figured that her territory was producing well for her.

I went to the fitness center but saw no one either Tuesday or Thursday late afternoons. Friday, I picked up a pizza and watched a movie. I rose Saturday morning wanting some exercise since I had gotten just a little during the week. I put on my suit and went to the pool.

There was only one other person there. She was swimming laps and, from what I could see, looked good. She was really churning the water. I got in the water and began my own laps using different strokes for each lap. I finished up with about five laps of free style churning the water pretty thoroughly myself.

I stopped at the shallow end and stood. Belinda had apparently been the other swimmer. She was clapping. “Steve, that was a real swimming workout. If you’re going to rest a moment, please sit with me.” I nodded and walked over to my stuff and grabbed it all. I walked over to where she was seated, put my things down, and took a seat next to her chaise. She looked very good in her skimpy bikini. My mind wondered about the back of it. With her great body, a thong type would be glorious. What I could see was awesome.

“Steve, I haven’t seen you around much this week?” She put a question in her tone.

“It’s been busy at work. I did get to the fitness center Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, late. Today, I planned to get in some swimming, workout a while, and then get in a run.”

“That sounds good. May I accompany you as long as I can keep up?”

“Sure. I’ll be glad for some company. Swimming doesn’t offer much interaction but the other two do. I’m a guy. Guys always like to have a pretty lady with us.”

“Steve, we like to be around good looking guys. I am particularly interested in being accompanied by one particular guy.”

I grinned. “Hopefully, I will do until one of those guys shows up.”

“You would do for a long, long time. I would like to be known with you.”

“Well, thank you, Belinda.” I smiled at her. She smiled back at me and I realized that she had a glorious smile.

“What’s the schedule, Steve?”

“I would like my suit to dry a bit and then work out. Running will be sweaty today. I’ll head home after running to clean up.”

“Are you going out tonight?”

“No. Just getting the sweat and smell off.”

“Steve, would you go to dinner with me? We might find a decent movie if you are willing.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.