Dear John
Chapter 41

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 41 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

I knew who it was that was knocking. “They see the strange car. They know I have a guest,” I said.

“I expect that’s so,” said Lana.

I walked to the door and sure enough. “Owen, I’m surprised,” I said, tongue in cheek.

“Hmm, yes, I’m sure,” he said. “Lana, it’s good to see you. Right?” and it was a question.

“I hope so,” she said.

“Whaddya think of the man’s new gams?” he said.

“Nice, nice, very nice,” she said.

“The product of a teenager that Owen has had working for him,” I said.

“Well, not exactly a teenager, young but not that young. And, it’s not the kid’s product. But Devon did do the research that found out about it,” said Owen.

“Yes, and in the doing saved my ass from petrifying,” I said. We all laughed.

“Well, Abigail saw the car and knew you had a guest. We’d like to have the two of you up for lunch. Would that be good for you?” he said.

I looked over at Lana and she shrugged.

“Okay, sure,” I said. “Noon?”

“That would be good,” he said. Well, it was 10:30 a.m.

I need to clarify here that Abigail and I had not made up; likely never would in any true sense. But, we did share kind of an armed truce. We did talk if but in short terse sentences from time to time. We did see each other around. It was what it was.

It had been some months since the big man had made the unilateral decision, and without my knowledge, to get the legs for me. On the day that that he announced that he had in fact done so, I was trapped. We were supposed to be going to the store, him and me, and instead we ended up at a clinic. Imagine my surprise when we walked in—well actually I rolled in—and the medical team was already set to install the things on my personal body. Well money does talk. Oh, and the man had fixed it so that the necessary periodic adjustments of the prosthetic legs was automatic and paid for in perpetuity.

Oh, and the mask thing was introduced to me a day later. I hadn’t been sure about that one, the legs yes, but a mask? But, Owen had made the case that it was no different than a guy buying a hair piece to hide his otherwise not so hot looks. At any rate, I had acquiesced. I still got looks, mainly because of the mask, but at least now they were not looks of horror.

And again, me and Abigail, still not good, but we did speak and get by on a minimum level. Owen wasn’t pushing it. The hope was, from his point of view, that time would eventually heal the divide. I was not sanguine about the chances of that happening. I didn’t trust her, not in the least. But, well time would likely tell.


I don’t know how he did it. But the whole clan was present when we arrived at 12:15. Even Harriet and Jeffrey were in evidence. The two of them, Harriet and Jeffrey were, as mentioned, living in Phoenix now, and he was driving out of the company’s main warehouse. They were actually living in my dad’s old house; the one Harriet—but really Owen—had bought from me. And yes, I did finally find out that Owen had paid for it. Which didn’t surprise me, but for lack of a better term it surprised me. Oh, and one other thing. I almost had enough saved to pay him back for paying off the renters at the Gloria. He’d given them, I found out later two grand to inconvenience themselves; I’d saved $1,400 toward my goal; it wouldn’t be long.

“Dad,” screamed the twins. Ronald for his part came to me sporting a kind of conspiratorial smile. The new son-in-laws were very formal and polite in their greetings. We’d been around each other some over the time since the marriages, but not that much. I figured the formalism would die out at some point.

Tacos. Everybody loves tacos, fattening but the best for my money. Abigail made them herself. She refused help from everyone; it was her deal today, and that was that. She did make the case that she would accept help for the after meal clean up. The girls grimaced, but laughed their willingness to do the dirty work, and yes, Lana volunteered as well.

The lunch was noisy and kinda fun and questions abounded, but none were too intrusive. It was however clear that everyone who was in the know about my long ago breakup with Lana was dying to find out about the apparent resurrection of my romantic fortunes. I wasn’t sure about stuff myself. Lana and I had not gotten to that stage of things. But, the fact that we had shared a bed the previous night augured well for the future. We’d be seeing.

Dinner over and the cleanup crew on the ball, Abigail asked me if I would mind having a word with her out on the patio. I narrowed my eyes. I wasn’t sure about talking to her about anything substantial, but I nodded my okay. Well, it was a warm evening outside.

“I have to say I’m a trifle confused as to why you want to talk to me?” I said. My confusion was more than reasonable the way I was seeing things. Was it to query me about Lana’s sudden re-arrival in my life? Was it to do with our de facto estrangement, Abigail’s and mine? Was it something else?

“I see you and Lana are apparently an item once again,” said Abigail.

“Maybe,” I said. “We bumped into each other at the VFW. Just last night in fact.” She nodded.

“I guess some things are more forgivable than others,” she said.

“Huh?”

“Well, she abandoned you, but you seem to be getting along pretty good,” she said. “And, I know she spent the night.”

I could see what she was getting at, but I was going to make her do it. I was not into helping the most untrustworthy woman in the world make her case.

“Yeah, so?” I said.

“Any chance that you have some of that forgiveness left in your poke?” she said. Well there it was. Did I have any left in my poke?

I leaned back against the railing that separated the patio from the green of the sward beyond it.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.