Dear John
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 16 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

Well I was pretty sure that this time I’d be left alone at least for a while. I was more than persuaded that I’d likely be getting Christmas cards from Abigail, but those would be returned unopened for sure. I didn’t like their attitudes or their phony sympathy and gift offers. The fact was I was beginning to actually hate the bunch of them. There was nothing I was ever going to get from them that wasn’t a bunch of nothingness, nothingness to me for damn sure.

I looked over at the clock radio on the mini-credenza and noticed that it was almost 5:00. That someone would be knocking on my door this time of day was not likely. But, someone was. I frowned. It had to be one of them. So much for my prognostications!

Reluctantly, I rolled over to the door and answered it. I stared.

“You!” I said. “Don’t you assholes get it! I hate you! Get away from me!”

“Hello Sam,” said my worst enemy.

“What are you doing here, Mister Cord. We’ve had our little set-to,” I said. “And I saw it as a tie, so let it be and get the hell away from me.”

“Sam, I have news, very important news,” he said. “Please, may I come in?”

“What? No! Not now not ever again!” I said. I’d made no move to allow him entry. I was super angry.

“Sam, it’s about your dad. Please,” he said. He’d stopped me.

“My dad?” I said.

“Sam please,” he said again. I rolled back inside—reluctantly rolled back inside—the room leaving the door open for him to come in. He did, come in that is. I spun around in my chair to face the man.

“So?” I sneered.

“Sam, there is no easy way to say this...” He paused.

“What?” I said.

“Sam your dad is real sick. Sam he’s dying,” he said, and he looked down.

I had no doubt that the man knew what he was talking about. I also had no doubt that what he said was true. My daddy was dying.

Silence reigned for some minutes, some long minutes. “How do you know this?” I said. The man looked up and directly at me.

“After my wife got back from her visit with you, she was distraught. She didn’t know what to do, Sam. She so wants to help you, and be around you, and have you be around the children,” he said.

“Bull-fucking-shit! She holds me in contempt, but then, so do I! But what does any of that nonsense have to do with my daddy!” I said. I was starting to tear up, who wouldn’t. Yes, I was tearing up because I was certain that the man wasn’t exaggerating if anything he was minimizing the situation.

“She had the idea that she would try to get your dad to talk to you. She went to see him. When she saw him how he looked ... Sam he looked real bad. He’s lost a lot of weight, and well, he looked real sick.

“She kinda forced the issue and he admitted to Abby that he had stage four prostate cancer. Sam, he’s got but a few months to live tops,” said Owen Cord.

I couldn’t talk. For the moment the man left me alone with my thoughts. I turned away from him and stared at the wall. I hated him and I was grateful to him—at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.

“Sam, he made Abby promise not to tell you. He didn’t want to add to your problems is what he told her. But Abby did tell me. I made the unilateral decision to come to see you, and well, here I am,” he said. I nodded.

“Thank you for that,” I said, quietly said. He nodded.

“Sam anything I can do...” He said. I turned back to him and gave him a look. The last thing I wanted to do was owe this guy anything, but it looked like I was not going to be able to avoid owing him.

“There is one thing,” I said, “and I hate to ask. I really hate to ask.”

“I said anything, and I meant it Sam,” he said.

“I can’t drive and I don’t have a car anyway even if I could nor the money for a cab. But, I can give you fifty bucks for gas. I mean if you’d consider giving me a ride to my dad’s place,” I said.

“Not a problem,” he said, and he didn’t laugh at my offer to pay for the gas. Oh, and Sam, you do have a car, that pickup truck. We’ll be getting that down to you soonest, okay?” he said.

“Yeah sure,” I said. It had been so long, that I’d completely forgotten about my ‘93 Silverado. It would be good to get it back. At worst I could sell it for some good bucks. And, maybe I might even be able to figure a way to get steering wheel controls so that I would be able to drive where I wanted without having to call a cab.

“And Sam, I know you want to be your own man, but this is a special deal here. You won’t be paying me anything including for gas. Okay?” He said. I nodded. I had to agree with the man that this was indeed a special deal.

“Okay,” I whispered, and I gnashed my teeth as I said it.


The ride back to Phoenix was mostly quiet. What’ would we have talked about anyway. The man who stole my family was driving and doing me a big favor in the process, and uncomfortable didn’t even begin to describe my feelings in the matter. But it was a favor, and one I could not have gotten from anyone else on such short notice. Jeff would have driven me, but he did have a job, and I’d likely have had to put off the trip till the weekend; this was Wednesday, and I needed to get home fast.

As we neared my home turf, the driver looked at me, and nodded.

“Yes?” I said.

“Sam, if you will allow, Abigail and I will look after your place in Tucson while you’re up here. Would that be all right?” He said.

“I left it locked up, but I’ll let you know?” I said. “I don’t know how long I’ll be here. So, well, I’ll let you know.”

“Oh okay,” he said. “But we’re just a phone call away.”

“Thanks, you’ve been a big help. And, don’t worry about my dad coming down on Abigail in all of this. I’ll make it right by him,” I said.

“Thanks, I know Abigail was antsy about me going for that very reason,” he said.

“Yeah sure,” I said.

I didn’t say anything to him, but every time her name came up I felt funny. It was like I should have been the one telling him about what she was doing, thinking, saying. But it was him! It was him and it hurt. I don’t think he had a clue how much.

“Sam?” He said.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Would it be all right if Abby or I brought the children by to see you and their granddad?” He said.

I hadn’t even thought that far ahead, but it was clear that I needed to.

“Yeah sure,” I said. “I know he has strong feelings for them, so yes to that.”

“Good, good,” he said. “We’ll work that out as soon as we can, probably in the next couple of days.”

“That’ll be fine,” I said. “But wait till the weekend. I need to be with my dad one on one for a bit. Okay?”

“Sure bet, man,” he said.

What I didn’t share with them was my feelings regarding the children seeing me. They’d met me and I could tell that they felt uncomfortable around me. I wasn’t sure whether that was because of the way I looked, or because they’d been introduced to me as their father. Logically, I figured it was a bit of both. I had it in mind to not be around when they came; it would be too much for me. Would I actually dare to not be there when they came? I wasn’t sure. I would be hedging my bets on that one. I’d be making the call.


The man left without coming in. I guess he wanted to avoid the possible firestorm of my dad thinking he’d been betrayed. Of course he had been, but in this case it was the good kind of betrayal if there was such a thing.

“Son!” said Aaron Bradshaw.

“Hi Dad,” I said. It’d been only a couple of months, maybe a little more; he looked like a skeleton; well, he did to me. I could see why Abigail had pushed him to give her the details.

“Abigail?” he said. His meaning was clear.

“No, no, not Abby. It was Owen. She’d evidently told him, and he made the decision to out you. And I am damn glad he did. I owe the man for that, and I don’t like owning Owen Cord anything,” I said. The man across from me sagged back into the room and took a seat on the couch.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.