Dear John
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

“How’s is he this morning, doctor,” said the three striper.

“Depends on what you mean,” said the man in white. “He’s out of the woods as far as surviving is concerned.”

“Doctor the man saved nine guys including me. He’s got to be fixable,” said Sergeant Michaels.

“Sergeant, we’re going to do our best, but you and the others need to be prepared for—stuff,” he said. The sergeant nodded, sadly nodded.

“Doctor Hargrave, tell me. I was there. I know it’s bad. If he’ll let anyone besides himself contact his family back home it’s gonna be me,” said Sergeant Jeffrey Michaels.

“Sergeant, if you know anything about his family, who to contact; please, let us know. His records for some reasons do not list the names of who to contact in an emergency; we always have those, but for some damn reason not for him,” he said.

“His father’s back in Arizona. His wife and kids too. He told me that if anything happened to him he wanted me to be the one to go to them and nobody else, I mean if he couldn’t,” he said.

“He’s married!” said the doctor. “She, his wife, needs to be contacted, Sergeant.”

“Doctor, he told me no, that is not yet. He says that to happen, only after the bandages come off and he can see the damage to his face. Then and only then he’ll let me make the calls if he can’t bring himself to do so. He’s adamant, doctor. It’s his set in stone decision.”

“Well, he—you— should be able to make those calls soon, at least there’s that,” said the doctor.

“And the best we can hope for would be?” said Sergeant Michaels.

The doctor sighed. “The man took some of the blast from that grenade, or whatever it was, in the face. The explosive force all but crushed his facial skeleton. And then there was the shrapnel that tore across, thankfully not through, his sinus cavity and right eye, and twisted crazily through his right cheek. He’s lost the eye and the right side of his face.

And, add to all of the above, he was evidently blown backwards onto rocks or some other unforgiving surface and his lower spine was seriously damaged, but luckily I guess, it was what we call an incomplete SCI, so his brain may—I say may—be able to send some messages to his lower body. Put another way he may be able to go to the bathroom normally and maybe even be able to have normal sex. He will likely never walk again, but all in all, Sergeant, he’s just lucky to be alive. But we will know more soon.

“That enough description for you, Sergeant?” the man stopped talking.

“Doctor?” said Sergeant Michaels.

“Sarge, you asked for what would be the best we could hope for. There is no best in these situations. Something like forty percent of battle field casualties have facial damage, some worse than others. Add to that the other injuries our man’s experienced ... Sergeant, the man’s lucky to be alive, but, well, life as he knew it is over. He’ll be on permanent disability for the rest of his life,” said Doctor Hargrave. The man across from him nodded.

He’d never met his friend’s wife. But, now he was going to have to support that friend when he called her, if he called her. Sam Bradshaw saved the lives of eight men and one nurse when he charged that covey of stinkies; there was not a scintilla of doubt about that. And, in the doing of it he essentially lost his. He wondered what the wife was made of; he was afraid he could guess.


Milano’s was busy; well, it was lunch hour.

“What can I get for you ladies?” said Cecilia.

“The lunch special,” said Harriet. Abigail nodded her agreement.

“Coming up,” said Cecilia.

“So what are you going to do?” said Harriet.

“I’m going to call him. I may not be able to get through, but I’m going to try. He’s not in Kabul. He’s out somewhere in the countryside. He’s some colonel’s techie, is what he’s told me. At least I’ll be able to say that I did try if he doesn’t get the call,” said Abigail.

“I guess that’s all you can do if you’re not inclined to wait till he returns,” said Harriet.

“I can’t wait,” said Abigail. “Owen and I have done the deed. We’re committed. I love the man. Hell, I love both of them, but Owen can do more for the twins and me than Sam is capable of. I need to think of the future.

“I know I’m going to sting him pretty good, I mean Sam. But, well, Owen and I are planning to help him big time if he will allow. He’ll be set for life.” said Abigail.

“What about the kids?” said Harriet.

“Sam is their dad. He will be treated as such no matter what else goes down?” said Abigail. “Owen is not going to try and replace him in his duties. I just have to somehow convince Sam that at the least he needs to take his place in that regard.”

“Well, like I keep saying, your plan is good; and it is about all you can do,” said Harriet.

“For sure,” said Abigail.


“Corporal, you have some visitors,” said Nurse Alice.

“Visitors?” I said.

“Yes,” she said. She nodded toward the doorway, and three very decorated soldiers entered. I knew who they were.

“General Shelby, Colonel Cunningham!” I said. The third body was that of my best friend First Sergeant Jeff Michaels.

“Soldier, you have to know that we are more than proud to have been serving with a man like you. Your sacrifice has been recognized and I have the privilege to present you with your Purple Heart, and, your Silver Star for heroism in battle.

“Young man, you saved the lives of nine of your fellow soldiers. No one will ever be able to take that honor away from you,” said General Shelby. And I think that the Colonel has something to say to you.

“Sam, Corporal, I know you know that Claire Cunningham is my daughter. You saved her. There is nothing that you can ask for that I won’t do my damnedest to help you out with. I owe you, my wife owes you; you will never be forgotten by any of us,” he said.

“That goes for all of us, Corporal,” said the general.

The man reached out to me and handed me the open medal cases. I think he was actually feeling a little emotional. Well hell, so was I. I knew Abigail would too; I was certain of that. I didn’t know how long I was going to be all wrapped up in these swaddling clothes. But, once I got a chance to see just how bad the damage was, I would be calling her and letting her know that I would be on my way home.

I knew I was going to be wheelchair ridden for a good length of time, but I’d do the therapy and get my legs back at least to the walking stage. Not like before, I knew that, but at least to the point of being able to do my old job in security; nothing was going to stop me. But, my face: that was a worry. I knew it was bad, but the doctors could not or would not speculate on how bad it was going to be until the wraps came off. Just a few more days and I’d be able to assess things. Well, we’d be seeing.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.