Dear John
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

Job searching was the focus of the moment. Still, I was feeling good, yeah working my ass off with two jobs, but on some level feeling real good regardless. And in actuality, for all of her hyperventilating about me getting better situated, better career-wise, she was feeling good too. Yes, she was still hot for me to get a better job, one that wouldn’t keep me out to all hours like the two I had were doing, and I was working on that. I was good with computers my lack of college notwithstanding; I’d be getting me a job sooner or later. That was my goal: to work with computers and tech in general.

I hadn’t told her, not explicitly, but I had been looking and looking hard. I’d made what seemed like a hundred calls and half that many in-person interviews over the past year, but nada. I needed a resume if not a college degree and I had neither.

My day job was maintenance for Ames Brothers Transport, Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00. My second job was easier, a security gig at the Milford Building watching monitors on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday midnight to 6:00 A.M. And, with my getting the second job, I’d let my dad know that he didn’t have to go to bat for me.

Still, my biggest problem, apart from trying to find a better job, was my lack of time with my wife. She appreciated my work ethic well enough but did not appreciate my work hours. And, she’d made it more than clear that she wasn’t exactly happy with my job choices either.

On the rare occasion, and it was rare anymore, that we went out with friends, I could see that she was loath to hear other women talk about their husbands’ jobs or say very much about mine. Janitor and security guard just didn’t sound as sexy as assistant store manager or insurance salesman or what have you. She wanted me in a suit and tie, oh, and making twice the money that I was even with two jobs. Did her attitude bother me? Of course it did. A man wants to believe that his woman is proud of him, and, the fact was she wasn’t proud of me. Being good looking, and I was that, was just not good enough, not for my woman.

At any rate, pulling down $26K take home annual was getting us by. Sometimes things got a little thin, but we did have a nice two bedroom apartment and two three years-old cars: hers a Civic mine a Silverado pickup both ‘93s. But I was sure things would be getting better. I just had to be patient and I was.


Traffic was bad, but I was enduring. I turned the corner onto our street and sighed. Our place was just a quarter mile ahead. I slowed, and arriving, pulled into the resident lot. Her car was not in its usual place. She had to be shopping for groceries. She was always home when I got home from work. I parked and strode inside the complex to our place.

I headed for the bathroom: forty cups of coffee per day had their downside; okay well it seemed like forty.

I peed, splashed water on my face and made a mental note to be extra nice to the woman tonight. I had plans, after dinner plans. I was hornier than a truck load of rabbits.

I heard the back door slam. She was home. I smiled. She almost bumped into me as I turned the corner into the kitchen.

“Whoa, you’re home,” she said.

“As usual,” I said, glancing up at the clock for support.

“Yes, yes of course,” she said. She looked, something, stressed, something.

“Abby?” I said. She sighed. She looked up at me and didn’t smile.

“Sam, we’re pregnant. I just got back from the doctor’s. It’s for sure,” she said. I hadn’t had a clue that she even might be. I sat down at the kitchenette table.

“Okay, great,” I said, my look not as calm as my words, not nearly so, I was sure of that. “Do we know what...”

“No, not yet, but soon,” she said.

“Honey, you don’t seem as happy as I thought you’d be if we ever...” I started.

“It’s going to be expensive, Sam. I guess I’m going to have to get a job, and working at the same time I’m—growing—well...” she said.

“No, I’ll get a better job. I haven’t told you, but I’ve been looking real hard. Nothing yet, but I will be pushing it now for sure. You will not work and that’s that,” I said.

She sighed, shook her head. “Sam, you say you’ve been looking real hard, but no luck so far? What... ?”

“Yes, I’ve been trying to get a job doing something with computers. But now, with us being pregnant, I’ll be looking for anything that pays better not just computers only,” I said. “There’re jobs out there, and I won’t be settling for any minimum wage shit either. We’ll be fine, and it won’t be long either. Okay?”

“Okay,” she said. She looked concerned, but at least she was cutting me some slack on the pressure which did surprise me.

I knew that I could again ask my dad for a job doing what he was doing, but I really had a hard time imagining myself selling insurance. But, what the hey, he made twice what I did working my two jobs. I could do it if I had to. Abby knew it too, and up to now had never pressured me to try it. She knew, as well as I did that sales was not my thing. But now, only making more money was important not the how.

One good thing was that my day job’s medical insurance was good and did cover pregnancy and almost all of the costs associated with it. To be clear, my medical coverage was mostly an 80/20 thing, but not when it came to pregnancy; I didn’t know why, I was just glad that it was covered.

I had a little time. The baby wasn’t due for an estimated seven months. I’d get the job we needed; I had to.


“Yes, Harriet, I’m pregnant. And yes I’m worried,” said Abigail. Her friend shook her head slowly.

“Boy that is something. Well, congratulations anyway. I know the timing isn’t the best. But, I thought you were on the pill,” said Harriet.

“I was, but I ran out, got lazy, and took a chance. I wasn’t due, but I guess I was,” said Abigail.

“Clearly,” said Harriet.

“Harriet Bridger, what am I going to do? We can’t afford another mouth to feed and all of the other costs that go along with having a baby,” said Abby.

“You said your man is out looking for another job a better one,” said Harriet.

“That’s what he told me. Said he’d even ask his dad for a hand up if he had to. But, Harriet, he’d be no good at selling insurance. He doesn’t even believe in insurance,” said Abby.

“He could join the army,” said Harriet, laughing.

“Yeah, right and leave a pregnant wife at home to do it all alone. Not a good option,” said Abby.

“Hmm, yes, you do have a point there,” said Harriet.

“Well at least we have a little time. He should be able to find something in these next months that pays better than what he’s got going now,” said Abby. “At any rate that’s the hope.”


She came through the back door as she had a thousand times before, ever since she’d been able to walk. She called out.

“Mom? Dad?” said Abigail Bradshaw.

“In here, Abbs,” answered her dad.

She headed through the kitchen and into the dinette where her mom and dad were going over what looked like the monthly bills.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.