Sure Easy for You to Say - Cover

Sure Easy for You to Say

Copyright© 2017 by Zaine

Chapter 1

Same old things. Move to somewhere new, and the phone doesn’t work. Swell. At least the cell has reception. It’s 90 degrees outside, but at least the AC is still on and it’s pleasant inside. Small wonder.

I said ‘new,’ but that’s not exactly right. It’s ‘new to me.’ I spent four years in Hell, doing anything that wasn’t covert (‘too young’ they kept saying). At the end of my hitch, I took the money and almost ran to civilian life. With the GI Bill money I had earned, I could now take one or two college classes and got a job being a sort of handyman or gopher for a man I’d met earlier in my service. It meant whenever he needed shit done and an extra set of hands I got the job.

Active security clearances are really great in getting a job in this business. It also meant getting a CCW (Carrying a Concealed Weapon Permit) was a lot easier. I guess that mess from before was now beginning to pay me back. I started with ABC Services at more a week than I ever made before, plus benefits that I’d never realized how much they could save me. But at 21 I still could not rent a car; ‘sad’ I think.

Being the new person, I spelled two guys on rotating days off, and one day doing inside work until I learned the business more. Some would call that a crappy schedule, but since I generally knew my work shifts two weeks in advance, for me it worked just fine.

One thing I loved about this job, was that I usually had daytime hours off, not all the time mind you but most of my co-workers hated the night shift. That got me extra money, and more afternoons off for sun and fun, hopefully. At least, more so than if I had a fixed regular schedule.

The apartment was a small three-bedroom unit but was well maintained. It had a pool right outside my back door (a big sliding glass door on the side actually), and was in a quiet neighborhood, just North of Westlake Village ... nearer to Thousand Oaks, actually. Malibu was not that far away and that had a beach (FYI: East Ponders. They are in California, USA, near the coast of that other ‘pond’, the Pacific Ocean).

Moving in was going to take a bit longer than I had hoped. There were boxes all over the place, but I had my priorities. The next biggie was what to drive, as a personal vehicle, that is. I was using a company car, now. It was okay for a bit, though. Free gas and upkeep really helped my budget! That was one priority that changed pretty quickly too.

Did you ever try to buy a car in California, these days? Well, let me tell you, them boys have a racket going, a real ‘license to steal!’ I think they must just dream up the extras and fees to add to the prices. Special this, special that and gas, let me tell you, we minted that ‘highest per gallon price in the nation’ moniker.

Like every guy I know, we dream of a convertible with babes crawling all over it, and sun, sun, sun, the year round. Well that’s not exactly how it is in California, except when the winds blow in from the ocean, towards the east.

Have you heard of that thing called ‘smog?’ It’s now rare to get out of it. Forget the extra car costs, besides I’d sort of started to like my company thing: free gas, free insurance, and free maintenance has a way of making even ugly things seem attractive. Especially when I started the other work they assigned me. I would now be gone more than I would be home. More on that, later.

What was also attractive, was the number of females that took to the pool almost everyday in the summer, and what they were almost wearing. If I had to guess, they were all teenagers, now out of school. Don’t tell them but when I went to school, girls didn’t look like they do! No sirree! I’m sure there were some guys around, too, but I never noticed them.

Not certain why, but I noticed early on it seemed those girls were fairly quiet and well behaved. Things quieted down when they started to get too loud, and there seemed to be no complaints from any of them, no matter what.

One girl started my dilemma, she had to be the smallest of the lot, but you would never forget what she looked like! She was a Platinum doll and built for endurance. Whether the others put her up to it or not, I would never know. I knew there had to be something wrong with my getting a ground level unit right beside the pool, there just had to be; but one look at her and who cared?

She shuffled right up to me on the patio. “Mister, can I use your bathroom? I need to go pee.”

What do you say?

“Sure, Honey, do you know where it is?” With the look and smile she gave me I had to think about what I had asked her. She nodded her head as she opened the sliding door and went inside. I should have noticed the reactions in the pool but I was a might distracted by what she was almost wearing and the shape of the Lolita scurrying inside. Thinking about it now I must have been set up. Of course that little effort on her part didn’t turnout so bad, not bad at all.

When she came out, a big smile was on her face as she sat down next to me on the lounge chair and started talking. One thing I had to say was that this girl could talk and was not a bit shy. Not one bit. It was like she had studied a script for a screenplay beforehand.

“Hi, my name is Bella.”

“What’s your name?”

“How old are you?’

“Are you married?”

“Have you ever been married?”

“Do you have a girlfriend?

“Do you like girls?”

“When is your birthday?”

What is your favourite food, colour, and on and on she went.

The DIA (Like parts of MOD or FBI in the USA]) could use her right now for interrogation purposes! She was that good! In seven minutes she had my entire life history including my future plans. I began to think my boss would want to hire her. I didn’t even realize how long this interview lasted. All my attention became focused on her top and bottoms moving around. She was well conformed and I pity the man she set her sights on, as he’d stand no chance with her. Those would become ‘famous last words’ as I soon would be finding out.

You’ve heard of Tag-Team wrestling? Well, her last move was waving her head and hand for just a few of her friends to saunter on over to introduce themselves.

Right! ‘Saunter’ they surely did, wearing ever-diminishing amounts of cloth. The last two I had to look at three times, flesh coloured thongs and postage stamp tops had taken away whatever breath I might have had left. When they told me their names I tried to nod but even that was an effort.

Somehow, some way, I was now the host for their summer fun in the sun. Then one of them said something that with a stretch could have been the word ‘Food’. That was all it took to have a bevy of ‘Bouncing Bettys’ jumping and hugging and kissing me for having a patio party. What was I to do? I ask you? What else could any sane, healthy man do with all those girls around, but agree?

We were now having a party, I supposed. Bella took command of her troops. I did the man thing. She pulled me up, I followed her inside, was sent for money and became the new paymaster for our hodgepodge brigade. She once again introduced her troops, called out some task, drink or food group for them to get and one by one held out her hand to me for money. I had to admit she seemed to have everything covered.

Moving and re-arranging tables, chairs, umbrellas, and what not; became tasks for Beth, Bonnie and Dawn. I remembered them since they wore the least amount of cloth, and not all of it stayed in place during such a strenuous workout. No way were these outfits getting wet, but I could hope they lost some parts in their efforts.

With everything now in motion and whatever money in hand now deployed, Bella took me and sat me down on the couch while the troop did their duties. She took a deep breath, sat down next to me and took my hand in hers. From the ease of motion and everyone seemingly knowing all that needed doing I could tell this was not new to them. They were well-versed and had orchestrated all this beforehand.

“Make certain they get enough so that we can invite the parents, too.”

“There are three parents so far, and they are already here moving the tables and chairs over.”

‘Wow’ I thought, then said, “They’re just older teens, I thought.”

“No, silly, I’m the oldest girl. The rest are just tall for their age. I guess I’m short. Do you think I’m too short for you?”

I didn’t have to think, that was a loaded question. The answer flew out of my mouth before I knew it.

“I think you are just perfect!”

From holding my hand, she moved her whole arm across me, held me tight and rested her head on my chest.

“Emma is my younger sister, she will probably sit down on the other side of you when she gets back with the paper plates and napkins. In fact, all the girls have sisters. Molly and Polly are twins, Des, Diane and Deb are sisters too, Des is the same age as me. Beth is our Mom. Emma is my sister, Molly, and Polly belong to Bonnie. The other three are stuck with Dawn.”

I looked around at the three scantily clad mothers and asked: “What’s wrong with Dawn?”

“If you were the opposite sex, how would you like to bring a boy home to a mother who looked like that? Dawn’s a model and has this thing for ... never mind.”

“All you girls already look like models to me.”

She used her other hand and gave me a swat. About that same time Emma plopped down besides me just where Bella had said she would.

Seeing her hit me, she said: “Oh, goody, if you don’t want him, does that mean I can have him, now?”

The look on Bella’s face answered that question, as Emma suddenly put her hands over her mouth. The sad thing was, I knew things would never work out with any of them. It would have been wonderful if it would have, they all were perfect angels. The problem was with me!

I had seen too many relationships between perfect couples turn to shit. One or both would cheat, have another ‘true’ love venture forth then the relationship turn into a divorce. That eventuality I could not endure! I had seen it, and lived through it, too many times before with my own family. Kathy, my ex girlfriend, had left me a might gun shy of any relationship.

I was torn though, I really liked the company these girls provided. If I was honest with myself, and if Emma was just a bit older, she would have been my choice. Not that her older sister Bella was chopped liver, but there was something about Bella that bothered me. The term ‘High Maintenance’ came to mind, whenever I thought of Bella. How two sisters could be so different I would never understand.

That routine we had established the first day carried on throughout the summer. Every week, usually on a Saturday we had some kind of event: pool party, BBQ or a few times we all went out some place. I kept my distance, but that just seemed to make the girls try harder to break down my barrier. All except Emma. It seemed she was always there for me, helping or just good company.

One by one I felt that my fan club was deserting me. In some ways I was glad, in another I wished things would not change. That social downward spiral became more pronounced when my employer advised me of some new assignments, all of which required me to be away. It was the old carrot and stick. Travel a lot; but, by the by, you got promoted and will make more money.

The choice I now made was an easy one. What I needed done was neither difficult nor time consuming. It merely required dedication and adherence to detail. She was in her last year of Elementary school (8th grade, as the district didn’t have a ‘middle’ school), but had a good head on her shoulders and wanted to go on to college, all traits which made Emma my choice to help me.

There was not much to do, but what things there were, were important to me to be done and done right. I had spoken to Beth, Emma’s mom, to be certain that Bella would understand why I chose Emma and detailed some of the things I would do for Emma. My decision to offer Emma the job was partly because I didn’t want to get any closer to Bella than I already was. She would someday break my heart like Kathy had, and I knew it.

I also chose Emma because I felt she was too young to form any real feelings for me. Any attention I showed her would seem more like that of a brother than that of a prospective lover. When I asked Emma if she wanted the job, I ended up having to close her open mouth. To say she was surprised was an understatement. I took her shopping. I figured all girls enjoyed shopping, and I could tell Emma what I needed done in a neutral atmosphere.

When we got to the mall, I took the young girl’s hand and we started walking. My first surprise was the biggest I think. “Your mom said you could live in, or just stay in my apartment from time to time. She knows that at fourteen you are growing up and sometimes need your own space. I need you to be my alter ego, that means while I’m away you, my dear, are in-charge.”

She looked at me and I could feel her grip on my hand get tighter.

“You will need some stuff. I could be anywhere, but a phone call, email or contacting my boss at the company will reach me within forty-eight hours, usually. If not, just do the best you can, no questions asked. Mr. Bill Black will be getting my pay deposited and move money for you to use in paying my bills.”

We went over the rules.

“No boys, no drinks, no drugs, nothing illegal ... and I’m not talking about ‘sick birds,’ Emma.”

She nodded. Now the fun part.

We turned into the Apple Store, and walked out with a Pink I-phone, I-Pad and an Air Mac. She said: “Of course Bella could be a good alternate if I needed anything,” so we added a purple set for her, too.

Mail, bills, banks, cleaning, transportation etc. now became topics of conversation.

Thinking a bit, I said: “Okay; we can wait on the transportation until you are older.”

“I’ll be fifteen in two months.”

She could not be any worse than Kathy, my ex girlfriend had been. Emma never asked for anything. I trusted her, so I handed her a rather large envelope.

“You will need to pay my bills from the account Mr. Black sets up. Here is some cash, an Am Ex Card, and a bank charge/debit card with the password. You can withdraw small amounts of cash daily and charge the rest as needed. I will not be gone more than six months at a time, and usually only two or three. Pick one of the other bedrooms for yourself, but not mine. Now let’s buy you some clothes for school and your new job. I almost forgot to tell you, you get paid each time I come back.”

She looked at me funny.

“Food or clothes first?”

She looked again at me, as now I’d turned into some beast of burden, carrying everything we had already bought.

“Home first, Jeeves! Maybe the other girls from your harem need things too, or are at least hungry.”

‘Harem? The other girls? I thought the rest of them had all deserted me.’

We went back to the apartment, I handed her a set of keys and a sheet with all my contact numbers and usual vendors sending bills. She made a call, and the ‘mom hot line’ did the rest. Everyone was soon there and I repeated the things I had asked Emma to do. Bella later whispered in my ear that Beth had discussed with her why Emma had been chosen, not her and was okay with it.

I wish that she had not blown her hot breath into my ear when she said that. She was almost three years older than Emma and just looking at her made me a basket case!

Eventually, it was time to leave and I was a basket case again. No, it was not so much the fear of leaving Emma in-charge; it was ... was ... well, just leaving. That first trip was to Mexico City. It was to be a series of casual (not) meetings in Reforma, to convince the LEOs there that certain prominent citizens required our security forces to be armed, and hiring fifty locals to stand around with shotguns was not the client’s idea of security.

It took six or seven meetings, three executive level conversations and one or two more-than-implied threats to at least gain some concessions regarding the half-dozen clients we provided security to. Money seemed to wash away a lot of sins, and one thing our clients had was money, so ... score good guys one or the better part of one at least. Our clients were happy, my boss was happy, and Emma was happy. She said she and Bella would pick me up at the airport; so even I was happy.

I was in Mexico less than six weeks, and Em had only called me twice ... not counting the test call we made. Was everything perfect? No, but everything that was legit was paid on time. One phony bill was just that, phony. It was a fraud and I told Emma how she had done the right thing in not paying it. She glowed in that praise. I really mean it. She glowed!

I took her shopping. We had never gone back to the mall last spring, so this time I wanted her to buy some new clothes. Right! Like Victoria what’s her name had so many ‘back to school’ clothes, I guess. Em’s offer to get my approval for whatever she bought went unheeded since I was surrounded by things which left nothing to the imagination. Why a 14, no, nearly 15 year old needed things from here I’ll never know, but Hell, this was California.

“Chicken!” she said.

“Cluck, cluck,” I replied.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.